Dustin Martin - what to do?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by easty01, Apr 17, 2012.

1. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

Angry Ant is exactly right - there are 2 stages in fantasy football:
    1) pick the right start-up team;
    2) don't waste trades.

Catch-up trades are amateurish. It's a long season. Trust your premium players. Champions come back from slumps.

2. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

I actually think Martin has been doing very well in key moments when Richmond have been making surges in their last few games.

He's not getting that many touches, and is burning a few when he does, but it's a matter of time before he turns out a big score if he keeps playing strongly when the game is there to be won.

3. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

I hope most teams do burn their trades on sideways trades and picking up last week's points, it makes it better for the rest of us long term. How often do mid-pricers such as Whitecross, Tippett and the like end up being the top 7 points scorers in their position by season's end and can anyone see these two finishing in the top 7? I certainly cant.
    The hit to miss ratio is firmly on the miss side, whilst there are some notable exceptions (Fyfe from last season), the probability of striking gold with one of these mid-price early high scorers is low.

4. easty01

easty01 New Member

Cheers, Guys - the safety is on and the trade gun is back in the holster... Martin survives to fight another day

5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Keep the faith - he'll pick up after Richmond's tough 2 games and hit his straps. You picked him for a reason.

6. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Didn't he get a 140 or something similar in the NAB down at Geelong? Happy hunting ground.

Mind you given current form, I'd take an even 100 this week.

7. Debunked

Debunked New Member

CJ, Lucas Leb couldn;t agree with you more. Martin supposedly came back back to preseason much fitter this year and he has shown enough decent signs (bursting from pack goal against carlton) mixed in with some shockers (failure to chase yarran) to believe a breakout game is coming. I'm tiges and i honestly thought it would come against melbourne but as lucas pointed out he's got enough talent to bust 140 against any team plus hardwicks shown an abilty to get young players through troughs.

8. SC_Dave

SC_Dave Member

From what I've seen of Richmond I think his role has diminished for whatever reason, not as much midfield time, perhaps carrying a slight injury ?

Not really sure, but what I do know is that there are so many other Richmond players scoring really well.

Deledio, Cotchin, Grigg, Tuck, Houli among others.

I had high hopes for a good season, but 70 against Melbourne when expecting 100+ means he's gone from my team.

9. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

You picked him as a premium keeper - nothing has changed. He hasn't scored well so far but has shown patches of brilliance - particularly late vs. Melbourne - Don't argues, long goals from centre clearances, everything you want from Dusty. He will string it all together soon for a big result. If he has an ordinary season, he will finish at around 90-95 avg. making him still a top 15 Forward and not warranting a trade.