Ellis VS Morris

Discussion in 'AFL' started by H_Dons, Mar 26, 2012.

1. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

I noticed both players grazing the (Gosh's) paddock the other day, chewing the grass, farting...moo

2. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Lucas, Jason - heard exactly the same thing from Newman too. Very very interesting.

My only worry with Morris is that he might be dropped for Conca. But geez, when the captain comes out strongly in your corner, and when you have a good sized body and some senior (SANFL) experience, you're in a good spot if you are Morris.

Newman doesn't often talk up guys a lot either. Very much a quieter more moderate type (which I like as a Tiges fan). So when he does talk someone up, it is worth listening to.

Morris may yet be a late inclusion for me in place of Guthrie. Give me some extra dosh to hold or spend elsewhere. $60-70K isn't anything to be sneezed at.

More willing also to take a chance on Morris given Bugg and Mohr's performances. Mohr in particular was very impressive. If I'm going to run 4 rookies in the backline, Bugg, Mohr, Morris and Ellis isn't a bad option.

3. dadrulz

dadrulz Member

Agreed, with Bugg and Mohr being so good, it takes a bit of pressure off finding a D9 with good JS - although I think Bugg will get regular rests, maybe 1 out of 4 games.

I expect Ellis to get more points per game than Morris so I wish Adelaide would fess up and tell us how bad Rutten's foot really is - it would make it easier to assess how much early season time Shaw will get - he might be a better option for early to the slaughterhouse than Morris.

4. gogonz

gogonz New Member

Feeling pretty good about only taking Ellis about now. Was so verclose to a last minute trade with Spurr not named as well! Might of dodged a bullet

5. CJ22

CJ22 New Member

Morris got better as the game went on for mine. I'm not overly worried about his performance after watching his endeavour. Also, considering he's a debutante and was caught trying to chase Betts and Garlett early, he didn't play the worst game. Just handballed a lot, which didn't help. With confidence he'll kick the ball more. Hopefully he gets more opportunities and he can turn into a success.

6. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

I agree. Wish I didn't have Morris now. He might get better but he might not get many more chances to show it now.

Least I have Ellis and bugg. Morris can ride bench with one of those each week.

7. kram

kram Member

I haven't gone with either. I went for Bower, proven he can score in the 70's and looks good to hold down CHB at the blues. Clarke named on a wing inspires confidence, so he is on the pine along with Bugg

8. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from CJ22 on March 29, 2012, 22:36
    Morris got better as the game went on for mine.
    .................. Hopefully he gets more opportunities and he can turn into a success.</blockquote>

+1

I brought Morris into my team in the last few minutes after not having him at all during the entire preseason! Oh well thsi gives me more flexibility when I am considering some late changes due to currently having Leunberger as my R2 !

9. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

kram
    Not sure. Laidler will be fitter, Duigan and Jamison to return; bit of a logjam at Carlton. Impressive depth though.

10. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Morris was way out of his depth imo, defensively at fault for at least two goals, was caught out of position too often and just looked incredibly ordinary, Ellis showed decent glimpses in the last quarter. To be fair to Morris, it was a baptism of fire playing against some of the best smalls in the game and I'm sure he'll improve and will be given more chances to play by his coach.

11. criticize

criticize New Member

"To be fair to Morris, it was a baptism of fire playing against some of the best smalls in the game and I'm sure he'll improve and will be given more chances to play by his coach."

this.