Fan Planner Team - Just for some FOOTY talk!!

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Fez

Fez Moderator

Loved doing the NBA draft system would love to give it a shake in the Footy

2. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

@ Dave80 & Fez

No probs fellas, now there are a few interested I will start a new thread so we don't completely hijack this one :)

Check in tomorrow

3. Dave80

Dave80 New Member

TEAM NAME: Dapower
    DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, J. Grimes, J. Drummond, B. Lake, P. Bower, A. Tomlinson (B. Ellis, B. Wilkes)
    MID: G. Ablett jnr, J. Selwood, D. Martin, D. Zaharakis, L. Hayes, S. Docherty (D. Shiel, D. Zorko)
    RUC: M. Leuenberger, A. Sandilands (S. Rowe, O. Stephenson)
    FWD: A. Didak, L. Franklin, R. Gray, N. Riewoldt, J. Brown, B. Smedts, A. Treloar (H. Crozier, S. Kerridge)
    CASH LEFT: $44,200

#1 attempt at FFP thoughts on this mob?

4. N Roo and Hayes a bit of a concern for me. I had Hayes locked in untill the new prices came out, and for that price he'd have to be a mid keeper which I have my doubts about.

I'm actually looking at K Hunt again this year, and preparing for the onslaught of abuse and derision. Avg 37.6 for the year and at $203,600 would need to lift that by 20ppg to make $100,000. Normally 20ppg is a big ask but averaging less than 40 and in his first year of AFL with an improving team makes me think it's a decent possibilty

5. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Alright here is my new team after the release of positions and prices. Must say i reckon i have the 50K in the bag!!! :p

TEAM NAME: Big Test Icicles

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, S. Fisher, C. Newman, J. Grimes, B. Lake, M. Clarke (B. Smedts, B. Wilkes)

MID: J. Selwood, J. Watson, A. Morabito, T. Adams, J. McDonald, D. Shiel (T. Mitchell, D. Zorko)

RUC: M. Leuenberger, B. McEvoy (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)

FWD: D. Martin, D. Zaharakis, R. Gray, N. Riewoldt, S. Sidebottom, J. Brown, J. Porplyzia (A. Saad, H. Crozier)

CASH LEFT: $151,200

6. Not a bad line up but the midfield looks a little soft, Who's Adams? I haven't started researching properly yet but after the changes I had to make a few myself.

BlueBeliever Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by BlueBeliev. Salary cap left: $31,300.

Brendon Goddard, Heath Scotland, Brett Deledio, Heath Shaw, Brian Lake, Paul Bower, Steven Morris
    Will Sierakowski, Andrew Boseley

Marc Murphy, Scott Thompson, Jobe Watson, Dustin Martin, Sam Docherty, James McDonald
    Elliott Kavanagh, Tim Golds

Matthew Leuenberger, Jarryd Roughead
    Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Adam Goodes, Mitch Robinson, Jonathan Brown, Jason Porplyzia, Tommy Walsh, Ahmed Saad
    Darren Pfieffer, Sam Rowe

7. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Think he was one the top picks! He is a M/F... More then likely MArtin will go into midfield until i upgrade other rookies.

Personally think there is a ton of value in the midfield rookies compared to elsewhere (think couple years ago) so willing to load up elsewhere and hope i hit right rookies for quick cash!!

8. Something I pretty much have to flip a coin over every year. Do you load up on the elite mids who score higher or the rookie mids who are usually the best cows to upgrade to the elites? Early points Vs overall team is always a hard one

9. Yamumluvsbigcox

Yamumluvsbigcox New Member

I think if you are going to load up on midfield rookies the 2 or 3 other mids you have need to be ultra premium that way they cover for the potential lack of scoring from the mid rookies and you always need those ultra premiums for captain selection ! I think both SKT and bluebeliver are lacking that captain option ! The rest of your teams are shit hot tho :)

10. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Duckwood is ultra premium midfielder, take out his couple low scores from injury and his average sky rockets!! There's always Goddard aswell who wont be hampered with a hip injury next year!!

11. And now for something, completely different. Here's my version of a value based team

Value Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by BlueBeliev. Salary cap left: $113,200.

Nathan Bock, Greg Broughton, Daniel Merrett, Shaun Burgoyne, Luke Tapscott, Brian Lake, Phil Davis
    Karmichael Hunt, Steven Morris

Bryce Gibbs, Trent Cotchin, Michael Rischitelli, David Zaharakis, Mitch Robinson, Lenny Hayes
    Elliott Kavanagh, James McDonald

Ben McEvoy, Billy Longer

Dayne Beams, Dustin Martin, Chris Dawes, Jonathan Brown, Jason Porplyzia, Ahmed Saad, Billie Smedts
    Tommy Walsh, Sam Rowe

12. patash

patash New Member

TEAM NAME: patash
    DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, B. Lake, A. Tomlinson, T. Mohr, T. Golds (S. Morris, B. Smedts)
    MID: G. Ablett jnr, M. Murphy, J. Selwood, J. Watson, M. Barlow, W. Hoskin-Elliott (D. Shiel, A. Treloar)
    RUC: M. Kreuzer, J. Giles (S. Rowe, O. Stephenson)
    FWD: L. Franklin, D. Martin, D. Zaharakis, J. Lewis, J. Brown, A. Didak, A. Saad (J. Cameron, D. Zorko)
    CASH LEFT: $55,200
    let me know what you all think

13. If Kreuz can play the NicNat role next year and get consistent time through the mid/half fwd area then I think he can score well but thats a reasonable if and unfortunately I don't think he can score well enough for R1. I'd consider opening up the R/F MPP and only having maybe one of Rowe or Kreuz in the ruck, not much point swapping those two with each other for the bye though. Just my opinions of course. Mids look very solid, better options for Didaks price I reckon though

14. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

You score more points in the ruck. I'd rather pick Kreuzer in the FWD's, greater margin for error.

15. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

Has any one else noticed that the discount for almost every player (who could have a discount) has been applied to their price.

For example:
    Phil Davis average last year was 51.67 and it says he has a discount of 20% but his price is $280,100, which is 5421*51.67 (Rounded to the 100).

Does anyone else know if this was a mistake or will there discount not be included to their price?

16. Tacster

Tacster New Member

Longtime lurker, but first post.

Left a bit of cash in the bank to fiddle with rookies etc closer to the season.

Any thoughts?

Doggin' itSalary cap left: $102,700.

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Heath Shaw, Brian Lake, Marty Clarke, Sam Docherty, Billie Smedts
    Steven Morris, Nathan Blee

Gary Ablett jnr, Dane Swan, Marc Murphy, Joel Selwood, Stephen Clifton, Adam Treloar
    Dylan Shiel, James McDonald

Shane Mumford, Dean Cox

Nathan Fyfe, Dustin Martin, David Zaharakis, Jonathan Brown, Jason Porplyzia, Ahmed Saad, Tommy Walsh
    Dayne Zorko, Sam Rowe

17. G'day Tacster. It was pointed out earlier that my team was lacking that stand-out perma-cap option, that certainly doesn't seem to be an issue with your mob though. Do you think the big name guys will be able to score more between them than having cheaper premiums and maybe a couple more of them? Of course there's not enough Carlton players but apart from that it looks pretty solid IMO

18. Tacster

Tacster New Member

Cheers, BB. I figure I'm going to want those 4 guns in the mids by the end, so lock them in early and get the points on the board. (Saying that, one of them could become Thompson or a riskier choice like Barlow/Hayes before the season kicks off.) I know they may drop in price and be upgrade targets later, but so might any other mids picked . . . so I take the risk they'll start well and I can focus on upgrading backs and forwards.

19. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

The Premiums/Mid-pricers in my team are pretty much set, all I need to do now is see how my rookies go during pre-season/NAB cup.

20. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

First team on fanplanner under budget :D

Salary cap left: $48,100.

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Heath Shaw, Greg Broughton, Paul Bower, Brandon Ellis, Lee Spurr
    Steven Morris, Will Sierakowski

Marc Murphy, Matt Priddis, Tom Rockliff, Joel Selwood, Sam Docherty, Dylan Shiel
    Hayden Crozier, Tom Mitchell

Matthew Leuenberger, Ben McEvoy

Lance Franklin, Dayne Beams, Dustin Martin, David Zaharakis, Jason Porplyzia, Tommy Walsh, Tom Curran
    Tory Dickson, Sam Kerridge