Fan Planner Team - Just for some FOOTY talk!!

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Johnson

Johnson Active Member

First team of the year...

Brendon Goddard, Heath Scotland, Heath Shaw, Marty Clark, Matthew Buntine, Beau Wilkes, Steven Morris
    Brandon Ellis, Adam Tomlinson

Gary Ablett, Marc Murphy, Joel Selwood, Brett Deledio, Koby Stevens, Kyal Horsley
    Stephen Coniglio, Taylor Adams

Todd Golstein, Ben McEvoy
    Orren Stephenson, Jonathan Giles

Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, Dustin Martin, David Zaharikas, Jason Porplyzia, Ahmed Saad, Curtly Hampton
    Billie Smedts, Dayne Zorko

2. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

Just an inquiry on a few players prices for season 2012...

H.Mac?
    Nic Nat?
    Browny(Johnno)?
    Dudak, i mean Didak?

3. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

4. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

Was wondering what peoples thoughts are on who to go with out of Pavlich and Zaharakis and why?

5. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

@NWGs it appears as though most people are going with Zaharakis over Pav. While I can't speak for everyone else, my opinion here is that Zah is younger, cheaper, and has a bigger upside, while Pav is more expensive, and I think his best days are past him...

At this stage you'd probably be best served going with Zaharakis and Fyfe

6. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

Thanks JPK, was thinking Zaka would get a go this year for me. Not a huge Pav fan!

7. stowie

stowie Moderator

First go, kinda thinking about the byes hence only 2 from Rd.11 in each line to start. Will see how it goes.

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, G. Broughton, J. Grimes, B. Lake, B. Ellis (T. Golds, S. Morris)
    MID: G. Ablett jnr, D. Mundy, J. Watson, B. Gibbs, K. Horsely, D. Shiel (J. McDonald, T. Mitchell)
    RUC: H. McIntosh, J. Giles (S. Rowe, O. Stephenson)
    FWD: L. Franklin, D. Martin, D. Zaharakis, N. Riewoldt, S. Sidebottom, J. Porplyzia, D. Pfeiffer (T. Walsh, D. Zorko)
    CASH LEFT: $76,900

8. Dekka

Dekka Member

Does Lobbe's injury help lift Renouf TOG potential or is he awkwardly priced at 248k? The rest of the PA ruckmen are rookies. Any PA followers with opinion?

9. I'm told Lobbe should be back R1-R4 at the latest, R1 most likely, so it shouldn't really help anyone too much. Might inflate Renoufs average over the NAB tho

10. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

Whats the best way to go about choosing your ruckmen stategy wise?
    Do you go with 2 premium rucks, the set and forget rule? Or do you go with 1 ruck premium and the other a rookie to eventually upgrade or a mid pricer to eventually upgrade?

11. Personal opinion NWG. I prefer the set & forget approach but this year a lot of people will look at the 3 rookie set-up with Giles or Stephensen taking up the R2 reins. No point for me in having a playing rookie and upgrading him later as the mid rookies are better cows and you will lose points early against those with two premium rucks

12. stowie

stowie Moderator

My only issue with the premium rucks is that they all seem to miss games either through injury (Sandi, Jamar) or suspension (Mummy). Cox was good last year, just need to find someone that might do something similar this year (HMac/Kruez?)

13. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

Thanks BB. I myslef like the whole set and forget approach also. One less line you have to worry about upgrading(barring injuries of course.

14. HMac and Luey should both go alright this season

15. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

@Stowie

H.Mac and Kruez are both viable options and from what i know cheap enough to field that 2nd premium ruck spot without blowing too much cash if you choose say Sandi or Cox. Kruez is worth roughly $400,000 but what about H.Mac??

Only issue with these two is one has played next to no footy for 18 odd months when the season kicks off (H.Mac) and the other didnt really set the world on fire when he did come back from his injury(Kruez). Can we really expect either of these two rucks to do our 2nd premium ruck spot justice?

16. stowie

stowie Moderator

HMac ($364K) had form in the VFL and scored 96SC in the one AFL game he played last year. He has been a premium before, though I do worry with Goldstein and Petrie there.

And I agree, Kruezer did struggle but was used up forward a fair bit from memory. Hopefully with Waite back and the addition of Rowe, Kruezer will be full time in the middle.

Dunno, last few years has been attempted set and forget rucks but it hasn't really worked out that way.

17. I think this year Kruez will have more of a Nic-Nat role, with Warnock still shouldering a lot of the tap work

18. aerodyte

aerodyte New Member

RE: rucks

I'll be taking a punt on Sandilands plus 3 rookies this year

of course you'll forgo some points in the ruck to those with set-and-forget, but I believe I'll get back those points and then some by having an additional super-premium midfielder.

now BB mentioned that mid rookies make for better cows than rucks. that's certainly been the case most years, but I believe last year demonstrated that the scoring algorithm is overweighted toward rucks since the introduction of the sub rule. if we can pick rookies who'll take the 1st ruck post this year ala Smith in 2011, I think they'll prove their worth over the likes of Coniglio, McDonald and others. Giles and the big O are primed to do this, and I'm willing to back them.

to put all that in other words, I believe the difference between Coniglio/McDonald and Murphy will be bigger than Giles/Stephenson and Mumford.

19. Dekka

Dekka Member

I'm a "set and forget" re the rucks. Last year it was the only line I got right. Had Cox all year, traded out Sandi for Goldi at the right time and had Smith as a cash cow from day 1 - pure fluke though. Looking at Sandi and Leuie (two different byes) and two of the Big O, Giles and Rowe. Keep the premiums all year and cash out the rookies during the year.

20. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

I'm going to have Mumford and three rookies. I think Giles and Stephensen could both average 80 or more. And Mumford has an easy start to the season so I thought it would be good to have the points on the board.