Fan Planner Team - Just for some FOOTY talk!!

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Dec 16, 2011.

1. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

They are better options in the forward line than Petrie. It will still be interesting to see how he goes with both McIntsoh and Goldstein in the team.

2. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

<blockquote>Quote from GaryReal on January 23, 2012, 09:08
    Thanks JPK - i get that idea but also think there's other scenarios, such as Jack and Barlow having mega seasons and being way underpriced. One main aspect is - if they improve 20pts, that a trade is saved, whereas the swan rookie double requires a trade at some point.
    Further arguments against Jack/Barlow include:
    a)by round 20 everyone loads up in the mids, and 2 spaces are taken by 2players not considered elite (at this point in the season).
    b)The point increase dfferential between a rookie's gain versus 2 less dramatic gains from Jack/Barlow.</blockquote>
    http://tooserious.net/supercoach-gnr-vs-mid-priced-structures-2011-edition

Have a read through this article from last year. It will give you a good explanation of the "GnR" vs "Mid-Price" strategies. To summarise though, for a Mid-Priced strategy to be successful (as you have suggested above) it is very difficult to pick the players that will increase their average by 20PPG. And therefore it is more of a lottery compared to the GnR, where your choices of rookies to increase by 30-40PPG are much safer.

3. SuperCoachSuperStar

I personally like a balanced approach, with up to 3-4 "Mid-prices" in my team if it comes off you'll be going well, if it doesn't you can easily trade one off for a rookie and upgrade another mid-pricer for a premium.

4. Knucklebusters

Knucklebusters New Member

Another team im playing around with.

DEF: B. Goddard, H. Scotland, G. Broughton, S.Thompson(kan), T. Gillies, M. Clarke, S. Docherty (S. Darley, L. Brown)
    MID: G. Ablett jnr, S. Thompson, B. Deledio, D. Beams, J. Polec, S. Coniglio (S. Hogan, D. Shiel)
    RUC: M. Leuenberger, S. Jacobs (O. Stephenson, J. Giles)
    FWD: L. Franklin, S. Johnson, T. Cloke, A. Christensen, T. Adams, J. Cameron, R. Kerr (V. Michie, D. Zorko)
    CASH LEFT: &#36;80,100

5. patash

patash New Member

TEAM NAME: patash
    DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, G. Broughton, B. Lake, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (S. Darley, S. Morris)
    MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, M. Murphy, M. Priddis, J. Selwood, S. Clifton (D. Shiel, J. McDonald)
    RUC: A. Sandilands, J. Giles (S. Rowe, O. Stephenson)
    FWD: L. Franklin, D. Martin, L. Adams, J. Porplyzia, A. Saad, J. Cameron, B. Smedts (T. Walsh, D. Zorko)
    CASH LEFT: &#36;13,200

6. Herbie66

Herbie66 New Member

something different (trying all-Rookie midfield)

Backs: Goddard, Delidio, Shaw, Adcock, Grimes, Grima, Malceski/Lake or Clarke

(Ellis, Morris)

Mids: Clifton, Horsely, Bartlett, Shiel, Kavanagh, McDonald

(Mitchell, Magner)

Rucks: Cox, Mumford

(Giles, Stephenson)

Forwards: Franklin, Goodes, Pavlich, Harvey, Cloke, N-Riewoldt, Brown

(Hampton, Treloar)

trade the 2 Def/Mid/fwd becnh players around Round 7 -9, then hopefully upgrade to premiums mids in rd 10,11,12 and come home flying

7. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

Not a bad stategy Herbie.

What are people thinking of the following players for 2012.....

Marty Clarke-Will he fill the Leon Davis role? If so what would be a reasonable expectation for his average PPG?

Marc Murphy-Is he bound to keep increasing his average per year or are there better options for roughly the same coin?

Paul Chapman-By all reports has stood up really well during pre season and is looking very sharp. Is he still up to it or is his age and hammies a concern? Better options?

Thanks in advance!

8. SuperCoachSuperStar

Marty Clarke - Should be very good value at just &#36;170,000, he average 80 in 2008. I reckon he'll average 75+, he should be in your team if he fits well into your salary cap.

9. SuperCoachSuperStar

Marc Murphy - I'm not going to start with him. Gibbs is meant to have a great season this year and I'm not sure if you can have 3 players averaging 110+. It would be better to trade him in later when his value drops a bit.

Paul Chapman - I reckon see how he goes at the start of the season if he goes well trade him in.

10. SuperCoachSuperStar

I don't think you could have a rookie midfield it could work if you just have Ablett as the only midfield premium because you need someone to put as your captain.

11. Herbie66

Herbie66 New Member

Cheers

just something I have been playing around with, possibly use Goodes/Mumford, Cox and Harvey as captain when they play the Giants.

seems most teams look the same 4-4-2-4 premiums, couple of mids and then rookies

agree though as most will prob use Ablett (or Swan) as perma captain I prob need them from the start.

12. Yamumluvsbigcox

Yamumluvsbigcox New Member

@ SupercoachSuperstar you can 3 players in the same midfield averaging over 110 . Saints montagna (123) Hayes (117) and Dal Santo (114) in 2009 ! Question is which one of the blues is going to average the highest ? Montagna came out of nowhere to get that 123 average over a 20 pts increase . My bet would be Murphy to a average the highest !

13. Yamumluvsbigcox

Yamumluvsbigcox New Member

@ herbie66 are you going for league or overall ? Even in both you should have a couple of ultra premos in the mids for captain choices you could go for 2 ultra premos like Albert swan pendles Murphy selwood and rockliff and 1 value mid eg Barlow and Hayes then have 5 rookies to fill the last 3 mid spots . That should give you enough cash to stack the other lines !

14. SuperCoachSuperStar

Swans players should score well in the first round against GWS. You could use an advanced loophole for round 1. If for example you have Mumford you could put him as a vice-captain if he scores well don't name a captain and you'll get his score. This only works if you NEVER have clicked on a player's captain icon.

15. Herbie66

Herbie66 New Member

@ Yamumluvsbibcox

Hopefully overall, just looking at some different combos at the moment................may either go the all-rookie mids (plus Ablett/Swan) or load up and look at a all-rookie defenders............after Goddard, Delidio, Shaw and Adcock the rest don't convince me..............could be some value in Grimes, Grima, Malceski, Lake (???)

no doubt I will chnage my mind a 1,000 times between now and the start of the season

16. bomberboy0618

bomberboy0618 New Member

Hey all, this is my team atm. Hopefully Ill find a way to get Danger in for Morabito without weakening the rest too much but not hopeful.
    BB's Bombers Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by bomber5186. Salary cap left: &#36;95,600.

Heath Scotland, Brett Deledio, Josh Gibson, Dyson Heppell, Tony Armstrong, Brian Lake, Sam Docherty
    Billie Smedts, Joshua Bootsma

Gary Ablett jnr, Joel Selwood, Michael Barlow, Lenny Hayes, Chad Wingard, Anthony Morabito
    Tom Mitchell, Mitchell Grigg

Matthew Leuenberger, Matthew Kreuzer
    Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Travis Cloke, Dustin Martin, Nick Riewoldt, Allen Christensen, Jason Winderlich, Jordan Lisle, Jason Porplyzia
    Adam Treloar, Ahmed Saad
    Thanks in advance!

17. SuperCoachSuperStar

@bomberboy0618

Probably got too many midpricers you won't be able to get all of them up to premiums. If you were to get 1 more premium in the forward and backlines it would look alright. As said on the Lenny Hayes thread, it probably won't be worth getting him next season.

18. Dekka

Dekka Member

DOn't worry BB, at this stage we're all coming first for the 50 grand!! My concern is that a lot of the rookies that are getting written up won't get much game time = donuts. Then a mid-pricer may be better?

19. Matty_C

Matty_C New Member

I'm not sure who mentioned it SCSS but apparently you won't be able to not have a captain selected as the first player you pick automatically gets selected as captain.

20. SuperCoachSuperStar

It's pretty hard to get non-playing rookies. Just look at the teams if their playing leave them in your team if their not trade them for another rookie.