Fantasy NBA: our finals have begun

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by anthak, Feb 28, 2016.

By anthak on Feb 28, 2016 at 1:19 AM
  1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Apologies for the lack of posts this year.

We are now into the finals, so I wanted to get a post up to remind everyone of the agreed promotion and relegation rules for this season, as well as point out the situation in each league.

Firstly, remember we all decided on a different format for next season.
    This:

All leagues still with 12 teams in each.
    A Premier League
    A Division 1 league
    Any other leagues as conference leagues, could have 1, 2, 3, 4 or any ammount of these leagues which sit at the same level of the hierarchy and all feed into the Division 1 league through promotions.

We do still need to work out how many teams move between the leagues at the end of the season, but we can work that out prior to the '16/17 season.

It was decided that the promotion and relegation setup for the '15/16 season is the following:
    Keep the promotion/relegation rules between Premier and Division 1 exactly the same as last season.
    5 teams move from Division 1, down into the Conference leagues (allows for the wildcard to still come into play this season)
    4 teams move up from Division 2 into Division 1 (same as last season)
    1 team moves up from Division 3 into Division 1 (Grand final winner)

Promotion:

The 3 teams going up from Div 1 to Premier will be:
    the GF winning team;
    the team with the best regular season 'Points For' (excluding GF winner of course);
    And (excluding 2 already promoted teams) the team with the best rank during regular season.

The 4 teams going up from Div 2 to Div 1 will be:
    the two grand final teams;
    and (excluding the two GF teams) the team with the best 'points for' during regular season;
    and (excluding said Points For winner) the best ranked team at end of our regular season.

The team going up from Div 3 into Div 1 will be: the grand final winner

Relegation:

The 3 teams going down from Premier to Div 1 will be:
    the bottom team at the end of the regular season;
    and (excluding the team with the worst reg season record) the two teams with the lowest 'Points For' at the end of our regular season.

The 5 teams going down from Div 1 to the conference leagues will be:
    the bottom two ranked teams at the end of our reg season;
    and (excluding the two bottom ranked teams) the three teams with the lowest 'Points For' at the end of the reg season.

Exemptions:

** Any teams that make the playoffs/finals are exempt from relegation.

** And the get-out wildcard clause if you do happen to find yourself in the relegation zone.
    - Anyone who wins all 3 games during playoffs/finals is exempt from relegation; and the lowest ranked at end of regular season will be relegated in their stead (that isnt already being relegated of course).

Read more at http://tooserious.net/forum/threads...antasy-nba-leagues.71630/#A7mSUyfztpttgg0j.99

Now, where is everyone at...

firstly, teams guaranteed promotion from Div 1 to Premier are:
    ddsaints & yumcha

and from Div 2 to Div 1 are:
    doolz & Don_Cottagers

I guess most people want to know whats happening with relegations. The rules have always been in the basketball forum, so I'm hoping people checked them out if they were interested, but here is an update nevertheless...

I'll list the teams in relegation zone at end of our reg season.

Premier:
    LiQuiD_SiXx, Ruddy & Jet (next in line, if wildcard: Mick)

Div 1:
    Fez, Headmandude, Walesy, Owen & Philosoraptor (next in line, if wildcard: Crossy)

Theres only a couple of days left of the first finals matchups.

Congrats and good luck to those of you in finals. Congrats of those of you being promoted.

And good luck to those of you in the relegation zone!

Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.

• Like Like x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by anthak, Feb 28, 2016.

• Tags:
    1. Steve
      Steve
      Thanks for the write up Ant.

Sorry about the lack of reviews for the last few months.

Good luck to everyone in the finals.
    2. Owen
      Owen
      Good luck to those that made it, my team was beset by injuries and never recovered. Such is the game. Argh
    3. Mick
      Mick
      Good write up Ant. Cheers. Good luck to all in the finals

I'm not sure what i did to anger the fantasy basketball gods this season but it worked a treat! Just checked where I was at and noticed that despite finishing 10th, I had 4th best points for - surely this is enough to keep me safe in the Premier league again? + I topped the table by about 1300 in points against ;D

Strange Karma - perhaps not having Raymond Felton on my roster at some stage this season disrupted my fantasy bball universe?...