Fantasy Tennis

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stkildathunda, Jan 11, 2012.

1. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

2. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

I might give it a go.

3. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

I'm in!

There is also another UK site that has a better scoring format I believe, so if anyone wants to join that one aswell:

http://www.tffdreamteam.com/ausopen/

League Name: Too Serious
    Password: 0ac72fca61f7a2cc1d95d6baf97b6d15

4. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Given how fucked up sportal's A-League competition is, I'll pass.

5. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

what was their A-league competition like?

6. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

Hah looks terrible, can't transfer players knocked out and can't even change your captain, I'll enter a team I guess and look at the result in 3 weeks time.

7. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Yea I just looked through the details and looks very boring. Set & forget for entire tournament... Ah well will enter a team & see how we go. I wonder if it actually goes over all 4 majors??

8. port_leschenault

<blockquote>Quote from SuperCoachSuperStar on January 10, 2012, 19:41
    what was their A-league competition like?</blockquote>

Shocking. Incorrectly assigns assists. Fucks up goals and who scored them. Doesn't update players despite them playing week before. Updates are shocking and different to the FFA-hosted one, which despite being same company is different people so has different (10&#37;ish) results/points given.

Biggest fuck was recently omitting points to Ryan Griffith for a goal and because prices we already calculated they couldn't do anything about it.

I was 24th at last look but I cant say I'm impressed at all with it.

9. Bones

Bones New Member

I really cannot recommend the Tennisforfreedreamteam games highly enough, they are set and forget, but the updates are almost instantaneous and your overall can change 5 or 6 times a day, the scoring is flawless and they have you logging in at every opportunity, you are in Mens, Woman's and overall leagues and if you do badly in one you can excel in another.

There are individual Tournament Leagues, and Leagues for all four Slams Plus a league of mini leagues.

Im sure you can join more than one League and if so Ill fire a team in before deadline.

With the first Slam being the Australian, why not give it a go and if not impressed blank the rest.

It Is worth it though.

Regards

Eric.

10. Bones

Bones New Member

Sadly it is one league per person in the tennis for free DT, but I have put a team in the VS game, I dread to think what they could do to this already dubious game, judging by the A-League game and the neglect there, the skys the limit.

I dont know why they couldnt have split the ranking sections into 4, and let us pick 2 from each, 5 low ranking players is crazy.

Lets see what happens though.

Good luck all who enter.

11. Runci

Runci Moderator

Had a mad rush trying to enter a team today. Ran out of time for vs but got one in on dreamteam with seconds to spare(woulda helped if it didnt update after every player entry!) Didnt have time to enter the league tho (i'm too late now right?)

My teams a bit of a mish-mash tbh, i reckon my womens picks look better tho n i c that melzer has bn knocked out the mens already :D I have tomic tho :)

Not got high hopes but we'll see

12. port_leschenault

I actually ended up doing a team and I didn't realise you could pick a captain. Somehow mine is on Kirilenko lol