Feedback much appreciated...

Discussion in 'RMT' started by gish, Mar 18, 2012.

1. gish

gish New Member

Here is my team - any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Def: Scotland, Deledio, Shaw, Broughton, Hargrave, Tomlinson, B. Ellis (Darley, Wilkes)
    Mid: Ablett, Rockliff, J Selwood, Pfeiffer, Miles, Neale (Ledger, Magner)
    Ruck: Cox, Mumford (Giles, Redden)
    Fwd: Franklin, Martin, Goodes, Fyfe, Porps, D Smith, Saad (Smedts, Hall)

Notes: Tossing up between Shaw/Goddard and Rockliff/Pendles (not sure whether to target Goddard and Pendles as upgrades). Goodes vs Pavlich?

I realise Neale is injured but is he worth starting to save a trade later? I think he's due back in Rnd 2.

Cheers

2. b_frazer5

b_frazer5 New Member

IMO this is the best team iv seen on the RMT threads, I reckon rockliffs a good POD. And yeah probably go with goods over pay because swans have an easier start to the season. I'm having same goddard/shaw dilemmas. Goddards pre season hasn't really impressed me. I haven't heard much about wilkes has he played yet?

3. b_frazer5

b_frazer5 New Member

goodes over pav*

4. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Pav over Goodes, but you will get in a bind having 2 Freo prems in the same line come the byes. Wilkes and Smedts the only doubtful ones (Guthrie looks like getting the nod ahead of Billie).

Surprisingly little love around for Travis and Gray not appearing as often as I expected.

5. gish

gish New Member

Thanks for the feedback.

I have swapped Wilkes for Bugg. Yes, Smedts is a worry too.

6. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Sssh about Gray TiB.

My feedback would be look out for Neale, Tomlinson (Wilkes as already pointed out), Pfeiffer potentially missing R1 selection. Neale is injured and for me not worth overlooking other genuine MID options - let's just hope he takes a while to burst his SC bubble so that he is a downgrade option around R7-8. Tomlinson has hardly been sighted in preseason and Pfeiffer is definitely on the fringe at Port.

7. gish

gish New Member

Thanks again - the rookies are doing my head in this year!!

OUT: Pfeiffer IN: K Stevens
    OUT: Smedts IN: Cameron
    OUT: Tomlinson IN: Mohr?? Really struggling with rookie defenders.

I'm not sure what I will do with Neale yet. Tempted to put Clay Smith or Old McDonald in.

8. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Mohr doesn't look to be a ball magnet sort of player. He is probably a safe option to play most weeks and average 50, but it would be a surprise to me if he scored above 50 on more than a couple of occasions for the entire year.

9. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Have a deeper look for rookie defenders gish, there are so many around! Look at Richmond, GWS and Geelong.

Its the other lines that are either a struggle to find rookies (fwds) or very hard to split rookies (mids).