Ferret Farm.

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Pendles, Jun 16, 2008.

By Pendles on Jun 16, 2008 at 10:00 AM
  1. Pendles

Pendles New Member

I got a good response last week from my look back through the year with all the running backs getting tagged, but for now I will just look at the weekend ferret and those that could shake them off and those that just coulnt break the lock.

<!--more-->
    Adam Selwood has been in some fine form tagging people doing some excellent jobs on Heath Shaw, Andy McLeod plus many more he went to Stanton. This is a bloke who in the pass hasnt been able to break free all year. Well, on Friday he shocked us all escpaping from Selwood to net a cool 103 points. Which did include 10 tackles, but still. Andrew Welsh followed around last years favourite in Priddis. He done a decent job keeping Priddis to just 83 and collecting 112 with 14 tackles himself. Neagle also was believed to follow Embley but was off and on with an injury and Embley went on to get 103 points. Monfires was on Stenglien but it was barely a tag, both of them getting a fair bit of leather.

Woah, we are just through one game. Bloody hell. I will try to make it abit quicker. Dale Morris tagged Trav Johnstone. Travis struggled with a Hammy and only managed 19 points. Cross, Power, Griffen, Black, Adcock and Cooney all matched up on each other and they all ran free. Even Boyd stayed clear and focused on getting his own touches. Thats what we want to see more of.

This Ed Lower bloke is giving everyone the shits, going to another running back in Micheal Johnson who had a big fall from grace (183 points) to just 67. Bell got the ugly-looking Rawlings, and the Ding Dong could only gather 56 points. Crowley has been the tagger of the season (only one to keep Ablett sane, anyway) and kept Simpson pretty quite, only 76 points. Harvey was followed by Ibbo, while Palmer escaped any tags but sucked. It will take me 400 words to go through the Saints and Sydney game so I will just say Hayes, Ball, Montanga and Nicky Dal were all struck by the Sydney curse. Shirley beat Mitchell, in a high possesion game Sammy could only manage 78. He is another really battling with tags. Kornes went to Ablett as expected, beat him in the first quarter then Jesus broke free. Logan kept Jimmy very quite (60). Shaun Burgoyne got clinged by Ling and only got 60 points. Cornes and Corey matched up on each other, but argeed to let each other touch the ball.

Ah, here we go again. Shaw having the padlock next to his name fired up the FanFooty shoutbox and rightly so, he just couldnt escape only getting 31 points. The some postive coming out of it is this was from Mick Malthouse after the game saying he does not believe in quick fixes. Like FF where the ball never goes, or double tagging Judd but instead of all that Shaw will keep playing the role and not looking for a cheap outlet. Lets hope he learns quickly, which I reckon he will. Go Heater.

Rhyce Shaw, or the better Shaw done a senstional job on Judd until that last term but still kept him to a quite 25 touches (9 in the last) and 101 points. The worse tagger of the year in Grigg struggled on Swan who got an awesome 124 points. Finally, Dunn done Axel Foley and Jackson served up Nath Jones. Both with less than 21 touches.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Pendles, Jun 16, 2008.