First Supercoach Team!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'AFL' started by dabombers, Jan 17, 2011.

1. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Thought I'd get in early and test out Walesy's good work.

Give me ya thoughts.....

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, C. Enright, A. Otten, B. Jacobs, J. Cripps (M. Coad, M. Hibberd, J. Toy)

MID: K. Jack, S. Pendlebury, J. Watson, M. Boyd, N. Foley, L. Shuey (A. Gaff, S. Atley, R. Lester)

RUC: P. Ryder, D. Jolly (D. Petrie, Z. Smith)

FWD: N. Riewoldt, A. Didak, M. Pavlich, C. Rioli, S. Day, A. Krakouer, I. Smith (J. Darling, T. Mzungu, L. Tapscott)

CASH LEFT: $76,900

Early going with not much to go on. Just working on structure at the moment.

2. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Yep, definitely a bug. Currently the enter key doesn't carry across- so we're getting walls of text. It's high on the list of fixes. :)

3. wal

wal New Member

Petrie on your ruck bench seems a waste. You could move him forward and slot J. Tippett into R4 for switcheroo. Petrie - Tippett, Day - Petrie, then use the extra cash to upgrade a mid to one of Ablett/Swan/Hodge/Judd.

4. DAZZLER

DAZZLER New Member

TEAM DAZZLER......
    DEF:
    Brendon Goddard
    Brett Deledio
    Paul Duffield
    Jed Adcock
    Gavin Urquhart
    Andy Otten
    Matthew Watson
    Michael Hibberd Paul Puopolo Josh Toy
    Scott Pendlebury
    Bryce Gibbs
    David Swallow
    Andrew Gaff
    Dion Prestia Xavier Clarke Sam Blease
    Jarred Redden Joel Tippett
    Matthew Pavlich
    Adam Goodes
    Chris Knights
    Drew Petrie
    Andrew Krakouer
    Brandon Matera Tendai Mzungu Luke Tapscott

5. Stew

Stew New Member

Not too bad Dazzler.... Mitch Clark is interesting though.
    I would expect Leuenberger to undertake most of the rucking because a) he seems a little better in the centre square and b) Clark is a hell of a lot better than Leuenberger in the forward line.

Therefore if you take Clark, you have to be prepared for probably only 30-40% ruck time, especially in a year where they will need him up front (fev).
    Also don't discount Charman pushing his claims for a run now he is over the injury woes.... apparently.

6. Stew

Stew New Member

I am really struggling in the Swallow (GC) vs Shuey selection in the mids. I will definately get one of them... would love both, but there are other cheaper options in the rookies I cant pass up. Anyone have any thoughts on who they think will perform better for the first 8 rounds or so?

7. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Hey Wal thanks for the reply not too sure if I want any of those 4 this year first up, targets later on. Stradegies change this year bye and all and some guys cheaper are capable of high scores also.

I've got the same struggle Stew, Shuey supposed to be the goods and Swallow is No.1 draftee. What so far it came down to for me was Swallows starts last year vs Shuey's potential in an under-performing WC. Also Age and Weight, who will endure the physical side of the big league the best. Pre-Season Games should answer a few of these types of conundrums.

8. Stew

Stew New Member

Agreed... Shuey has had a horrible run of luck in relation to injuries, illness and family issues, however most pundits here in the West have him lined up as the starting rover in their 2011 teams. He did look good in the limited showings he produced last year... Real potential.
    As for Swallow... Unfortunately I haven't seen him go about his business... I just hope the GC move through the rounds so we can see all their talent before rd1 decision time.

9. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Stew on January 18, 2011, 00:11
    I just hope the GC move through the rounds so we can see all their talent before rd1 decision time.</blockquote>
    I reckon GC will win their section. Sydney historically dont give a toss about winning in preseason, especially if its a different format than regular games. and GWS dont stand a chance so early on.

10. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Your tipping GC Anthak.???? Pitty no one trusts your tips after going against a certain player in the NBA comp all season. hehe......

11. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

hahahaha

12. walesy

ha! :D I'm putting it all on the Swannies! New coach- new pre-season. ;)

13. suther

suther Member

Dazzler - i'm interested in the Sam Blease selection. I have been waiting for him to play for some time and still havent seen any media to suggest he will...

Why the faith?

14. aj

aj Member

Hi guys. Long time reader, first time poster ;)

Well done Walesy on the new site. Looks great.

On GC, I'm thinking that they will take the nab pretty seriously. They'll be wanting to generate some buzz in the hope of getting the fans on board and teams in that spot normally have a decent crack at the pre season cup. Can't see such a young list running out the season too strongly and I think they'll understand that and go for the early wins.

On Shuey: He'd be about as risky as Drummond only with more price-upside. You gotta watch out for those players with chronic injuries. Even Petrie's foot has me worried as it went twice last year. I also got scared off Foley

Sam Blease is an interesting one. I've only seen his pre-draft video and it sure looks like the kid can play. Agile and nimble but tiny. He's coming back from a broken leg iirc and his size/weight should hopefully mean that he'll be ok. You'd think he'd have to get a run - heard anything over at the Melbourne boards?

15. Dishbestservedcold2011

Dishbestservedcold2011 New Member

Dish Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by Shawnied. Salary cap left: &#36;26,700.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Jack Grimes, Andrew Walker, Andrejs Everitt, Andy Otten, Dyson Heppell
    Josh Toy, Cameron Delaney, Peter Faulks

Dane Swan, Chris Judd, Alan Didak, Trent Cotchin, Liam Anthony, David Swallow
    Andrew Krakouer, Mitchell Wallis, Joshua Green

Aaron Sandilands, Drew Petrie
    Zac Smith, Daniel Bass

Paul Chapman, Nick Riewoldt, Mitch Morton, Patrick Dangerfield, Chris Knights, Mark Williams, Patrick Veszpremi
    Dion Prestia, Tendai Mzungu, Ian Callinan

16. walesy

I like it for the most part. There's a few names in there that aren't near my lists at the moment (Walker and Everitt) - and then a few that I really hope can improve this year (Williams and Veszpremi).

Also, keep an eye on pre-seasons- Didak has had a pretty poor pre-season so far after surgery on his pectoral.

17. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Team name – Dustin Martin’s Hair

BACK
    Gibbs (C/B)
    Deledio (C/B)
    Broughton
    Adcock
    Otten
    Heppell (B/C)
    Jacobs (B/C)
    Bench – Coad, Toy, Hibberd (B/C)

CENTRE
    Goddard (C/B)
    Chapman (C/F)
    Cross
    A Swallow
    Foley
    D Swallow
    Bench – Gaff, Krakouer (C/F), ?????

RUCK
    Mumford
    Jolly
    Bench – Z Smith, Tippett (R/F)

FORWARD:
    Riewoldt
    Franklin
    Pavlich (F/C)
    M Morton (F/C)
    C Knights
    Petrie (R/F)
    Prestia (F/C)
    Bench – Tapscott, B Matera, Darling

I need one more bench midfielder at less than &#36;139,900. Thing is, I reckon I’m “short” a good player somewhere, but unsure where. Mumford to Sandi is an extra &#36;105K or so which I’d like to do, but it would mean a saving of that much elsewhere .... any suggestions?

I haven’t been paying any real attention to the AFL thus far, so might have missed some bits and pieces – unsure.

18. walesy

Keep watch on Knights- he's still has a bung quad. Trading him down will certainly free up a couple of bucks though ;)

19. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Not bad there Chris. Got some very similar to my latest team and also a few postional changes like Goddard and Chappy in the C where I would prefer them in their other positions. I like Morton, heard that he asked the coaches how to improve his game last year which is why he only played a few senior games, went to the magoos to get better, big call these days with egos.
    Adcock is another question mark. but we cant all have the same team so your unique picks might be the go this year.

20. boydshow

boydshow Guest

dabombers - Midfield needs more elites. Remember the idea is to finish with the best 6 mids available.

DAZZLER - X Clarke's done a knee, and I'm not sold on Goodes as a starter. He is likely to drop at some stage, if he does show signs of scoring big you should get a chance to bring him in, but I think he's too old to risk. He scores better up the ground, and the older he gets the more time he will spend forward