First Supercoach Team!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'AFL' started by dabombers, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Jet

Jet Member

Chris88
    Nice team.
    Kinda running the gauntlet with an injury prone player in each line. (knights, foley, adcock)
    Once bitten twice shy for me with Foley and Adcock.
    I'd consider moving Chappy Fwd for Knights as you have Krakouer as your MPP with the Forwards. Then bring in a Mid gun like Juddy. Youd then prob have to slightly downgrade another player (look at mzungu, callinan?)

2. NiesoFC

NiesoFC New Member

Nieso FC Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by A Bit High. Salary cap left: $1,900.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Brett Deledio, Paul Duffield, Josh Drummond, Andy Otten, Ben Jacobs
    Josh Toy, Nicholas Duigan, Daniel Talia

Dane Swan, Leigh Montagna, Marc Murphy, David Swallow, Andrew Gaff, Dyson Heppell
    Andrew Krakouer, Michael Hibberd, Ian Callinan

Aaron Sandilands, Darren Jolly
    Zac Smith, Joel Tippett

3. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

Chris88, good team not that have paid too much attention to Supercoach this year so far (too busy with NBA at the moment).

Knight is an interesting one. He can kick the long goal from outside 50 but does he get enough of it? Callinan will be watched closely in the NAB cup. He was a gun for Centrals last year. Not sure what the Crows have in store for him? Whether he is going to play in the midfield or as a crumbing forward.

Keep an eye out for Marlon Motlop from Port. He will be a smokey this year. Did not play at all last year due to injuries. He is being groomed to take over the role of Krakouer at half back. Motlop was listed as forward last year. Should be a cheap price.

4. Bossarello

Bossarello New Member

I tend to agree with Jet about Knights, Foley and Adcock. But hey - if they come off it will mean a big boost to your team.

5. Moonwalker

Moonwalker New Member

Chris, your side is very interesting and is a good start in working out a good MPP strategy. Like others have mentioned though, structure will be very important by R24 so I've gone a balanced 4-3-2-4 in terms of premiums without spreading myself too thin.

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Enright, Trengove, Otten, Heppell (Toy, Coad, Puopolo)

MID: Swan, Judd, Montagna, Harris, Swallow, Jacobs (Hibberd, Callinan, Beams)

RUCK: Sandilands, Jolly (Smith, Tippett)

FWD: Chapman, Riewoldt, Rioli, Waite, Knights, Petrie, Prestia (Darling, Mzungu, Richardson)

6. DAZZLER

DAZZLER New Member

Not bad moonwalker, interesting pick with Trengove..
    i must say, good start..

7. Holey

Holey Moderator Staff Member

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, C. Enright, D. Heppell, S. Tape, M. Coad (J. Toy, J. Brennan, C. Delaney)
    MID: D. Swan, C. Judd, J. Selwood, L. Montagna, D. Swallow, I. Smith (S. Iles, M. Lock, M. Hibberd)
    RUC: A. Sandilands, D. Cox (Z. Smith, J. Tippett)
    FWD: P. Chapman, N. Riewoldt, A. Didak, A. Goodes, D. Prestia, N. Ablett, B. Matera (P. Karnezis, J. Darling, C. Richardson)
    CASH LEFT: $24,800

8. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Another Team with a diff strategy.

BackStrength Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by dabombers. Salary cap left: $3,500.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Corey Enright, Paul Duffield, Courtenay Dempsey, Andy Otten, Ben Jacobs
    Josh Toy, Jamie Cripps, Paul Puopolo

Dane Swan, Jobe Watson, Nathan Foley, Brock McLean, David Swallow, Andrew Gaff
    Jared Polec, Dyson Heppell, Tendai Mzungu

Patrick Ryder, Darren Jolly
    Zac Smith, Joel Tippett

Nick Riewoldt, Lance Franklin, Matthew Pavlich, Adam Goodes, Kurt Tippett, Jack Watts, Sam Day
    Andrew Krakouer, Isaac Smith, Ariel Steinberg

Loaded up with a bit more expensive bench options and High end rookies, Low point would be weak mids but thats the cash cow area and only line for major upgrades.

9. Moonwalker

Moonwalker New Member

I'm noticing a trend in having sub $200k players in players 6 and 7 for both the backs and forwards.

My view is that this would weaken the flexibilty of your side because you can't really trade them down for cash, or even get a premium if they get injured or dropped. It depends if you're going after league or overall but even with the GC, loading up on starting rookies especially in the forward line seems way too risky.

10. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Been playing around with mine a bit lately and seriously considering loading up on rookies in the midfield again.

The Stugots Salary cap left: $56,500.

Bryce Gibbs, Brett Deledio, Paul Duffield, Shannon Hurn, Nathan Bock, Jason Gram, Dyson Heppell
    Josh Toy, Paul Puopolo, Michael Hibberd

Brendon Goddard, Bachar Houli, Daniel Harris, Luke Shuey, Brock McLean, David Swallow
    Harley Bennell, Andrew Gaff, Reece Conca

Dean Cox, Drew Petrie
    Jamie Charman, Max Bailey

Nick Riewoldt, Jonathan Brown, Cyril Rioli, Ryan O'Keefe, Mark LeCras, Robbie Gray, Kurt Tippett
    Andrew Krakouer, Charlie Dixon, Brandon Matera

11. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

I sort of really that team Thunder, Has a lot of risk and payoff with the only lines for upgrades really being the centres and rucks, yet I Dont know why but upgrading the rucks seems like the biggest risk this year and making them solid seems the safe way to go.

12. austin

austin New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Moonwalker on January 27, 2011, 19:14
    I'm noticing a trend in having sub &#36;200k players in players 6 and 7 for both the backs and forwards.

My view is that this would weaken the flexibilty of your side because you can't really trade them down for cash, or even get a premium if they get injured or dropped. It depends if you're going after league or overall but even with the GC, loading up on starting rookies especially in the forward line seems way too risky.</blockquote>

This is a good point, I think the trend has to do with people leaning towards a more Guns and Rookies approach. Because some teams are cutting out the &#36;200-450 thousand bracket of players, in order to stay under the cap they have to start more than one rookie.

For me, I don't like the idea of starting more than one rookie in either the backs or forwards either. While there is a good selection of rookies this year, I think you will run into problems with rookies being dropped and with the bye adding to all of the chaos.

People seem to be staying away from mid-pricers like the plague, but I'm not writing off all of them yet. How many I take will probably depend on how many solid options there seem to be. I'm going to choose a structure to fit around the players available, rather than trying to fit players into a predetermined structure - if that makes sense.

13. Holey

@ austin - in years gone by, I couldn't agree with you more. The main difference with this year, is you have rookies from the GC that will be guaranteed starters week in, week out across all lines. Exactly who they are will become more apparant over the NAB cup, but in the meantime, I think to have a shot winning the comp - or even your league - you need to start with 13-14 absolute premiums, with 7-8 upgrades to achieve a fully maxed out team.

14. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from dabombers on January 28, 2011, 13:29
    I sort of really that team Thunder, Has a lot of risk and payoff with the only lines for upgrades really being the centres and rucks, yet I Dont know why but upgrading the rucks seems like the biggest risk this year and making them solid seems the safe way to go.</blockquote>

Cheers. I guess ive never been a fan of paying top dollar for ruckman as ive been done with injurys with them in the past so would rather go with the mid pricers and see how they go. I think this year with Petrie so cheap it makes it little different. Also hopefully the Big Cox gets back to his injury free days. The MPP enables me to cover if anything happen which saved me last year a few donuts in the ruck.

Apart from Sandi i dont see which rucks make them solid this year as all your other options really let everyone down last year.

15. Fez

Fez Moderator

Dan, i like the look just a bit weak in midfield which i don't reckon is the way to go, if your going to be weak in any position it's got to be backs!!!

16. Moonwalker

Moonwalker New Member

I've gone with a 2nd draft, looking to see what people think now that I've capitalized on a 5 super-premium backline and looking at taking a risk of a 4-rookie midfield. Judd has been swapped with Montagna and I also figure I'll save 250-300k if Foley will score 20ppg lower than an elite midfielder - I still have a lot of cash to play with too.

TEAM NAME: Cal's Army (changed)

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Malceski, Otten, Heppell (Coad, Toy, Puopolo)

MID: Swan, Montagna, Foley, Harris, Swallow, Jacobs (Atley, Hibberd, Callinan)
    RUC: Sandilands, Jolly (Smith, Tippett)

FWD: Chapman, Riewoldt, Rioli, Waite, Knights, Petrie, Matera (Darling, Mzungu, Richardson)

CASH LEFT: &#36;134,300

Any thoughts?

17. boydshow

boydshow Guest

Moonwalker - I prefer a weaker ruck and stronger middle, with MPP for ruck backup. What will you do when Sandi or Jolly have the bye? You have Petrie in your side but Cordy in R4 - I think you would be better off with J Tippett for MPP.

18. Moonwalker

Moonwalker New Member

Yeah good point 'griff'. I orignally had Tippett in but thought others went with him because he was cheap and GC so didn't realize he was MPP.

19. Bettsy

Bettsy New Member

Hey guys, I have had a crack.....Got good MPP!
    .............................................................................................

TEAM NAME: imcrap29
    DEF: B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, C. Enright, S. Hurn, J. Adcock, A. Otten, D. Heppell (B. Jacobs, J. Toy, N. Duigan)
    MID: B. Goddard, J. Selwood, A. Goodes, B. McLean, D. Swallow, A. Gaff (J. Polec, A. Krakouer, M. Hibberd)
    RUC: A. Sandilands, D. Jolly (R. Stanley, Z. Smith)
    FWD: P. Chapman, N. Riewoldt, J. Brown, K. Tippett, C. Knights, D. Petrie, D. Prestia (N. Ablett, J. Darling, T. Mzungu)
    CASH LEFT: &#36;7,100

20. Holey

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, C. Enright, A. Otten, D. Heppell, M. Coad (J. Brennan, N. Duigan, P. Puopolo)
    MID: D. Swan, L. Hodge, L. Montagna, M. Murphy, D. Swallow, D. Harris (S. Atley, M. Hibberd, T. Mzungu)
    RUC: A. Sandilands, D. Cox (Z. Smith, J. Tippett)
    FWD: P. Chapman, N. Riewoldt, L. Franklin, A. Goodes, R. O'Keefe, D. Petrie, N. Ablett (B. Matera, C. Richardson, I. Callinan)
    CASH LEFT: &#36;17,800