First Supercoach Team!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'AFL' started by dabombers, Jan 17, 2011.

1. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Alright now the prices are out my team has changed dramatically. Almost got another 2 possible premiums in.

@Bettsy - Nice backs with strong rookies that should play but who knows just yet.
    - Mids I like the links to both BK and FWD with God's and Goodes but Maybe use rookies for those links and use them in their other positions.
    -Rucks Very strong
    -Fwds not too sure on both Tippett and Petrie for the Fwd/Ruck links, JB upgrade target??? Knights, why him and not Danger or the porpoise????but good unique...

@Holey -Backs Very close to my new team so could be a mistake...
    -Mids very very strong but might miss out on that next good thing like Barlow.
    -Rucks Yep me Like....
    -Fwds yep great but both of goodes and ROK how bout Pav for one of them. Also Ablett???? is that a risk reward tip???

2. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Now Just a quick draft but apart from the risk in Mids with 4 upgrades needed only 2 in Fwd Backs needed.
    No Fwd Ruck waste. Everyone going with that plan I reckon it is a not needed as Derikx should get game time, Also not sold on Tippet or Petrie.

Would be very happy if Gray and Rioli end up as F7 and F8.
    Same if Grimes end up at B8..

Got Watson in I know bye in finals but I reckon he is due for a massive one with Centre clearances getting so many points.

Team will change once rookies and preseason starts but I think the risk vs reward is ok.

TEAM NAME: 1st real draft
    DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, C. Enright, J. Grimes, A. Otten, B. Jacobs (J. Toy, N. Duigan, M. Hibberd)
    MID: D. Swan, J. Watson, T. Scully, B. McLean, D. Swallow, A. Gaff (D. Heppell, T. Mzungu, S. Atley)
    RUC: D. Cox, P. Ryder (T. Derickx, B. Mabon)
    FWD: P. Chapman, N. Riewoldt, C. Rioli, A. Goodes, R. Gray, A. Krakouer, S. Day (J. Darling, I. Smith, I. Callinan)
    CASH LEFT: $194,400

3. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Or a totally different strategy again.

no upgrade mids Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by dabombers. Salary cap left: $35,700.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Brett Deledio, Corey Enright, Andy Otten, Dyson Heppell, Michael Coad
    Ben Jacobs, Paul Puopolo, Matthew Watson

Luke Hodge, Daniel Cross, Scott Pendlebury, Andrew Swallow, Tom Scully, Brock McLean
    Andrew Gaff, Tendai Mzungu, Michael Hibberd

Dean Cox, Patrick Ryder
    Drew Petrie, Tom Derickx

Nick Riewoldt, Cyril Rioli, Adam Goodes, Shaun Higgins, James Polkinghorne, Sam Day, Daniel Talia
    Jack Darling, Isaac Smith, Ian Callinan

4. Ruddy

Ruddy New Member

@dabombers
    Looks like a pretty good team mate. But there are a few things that i reckon could be better. Coad and Watson are both KPD, meaning they may not score very well. I would suggest replacing one with Toy, and possibly the other with Duigan.

Tom Scully and Brock McLean are really risky imo, but they don't have much upside. I suppose Scully might, but neither will score enough to be considered a keeper, or rise enough in price to be considered a cash cow. And especially in the midfield, you don't want players scoring less than 80 when they could be scoring 100+.

I would swap out either Talia or Darling from your forward line for Matera. Darling is a KPF, so he might not even play this year, let alone score well.

5. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Cheers Ruddy, I think like everyone I'm just doing the structure dance, trying to find out what will fit and where. having a mid full of players who will play every game is important as I want to max out DEF and FWDs first this year, Then go for the big upgrades. Hopefully it can be done with a bit of luck between rnd 9 and 14. All depends on cashcows.

6. Morko78

Morko78 New Member

Guys, first draft of my team. What do ya think.

Goddard-Gibbs-Deledio-Broughton-Adcock-Otten-Heppell
    (Jacobs-Duigan-Toy)

Pendlebury-Selwood-M.Murphy-D.Swallow-Gaff-Polec(Atley-I.Smith-Callinan)

Sandilands-Petrie (Z.Smith-Bailey)

Chapman-N.Riewoldt-Franklin-Goodes-Higgins-Knights-A.Krakouer(Priesta-Mzungu-C.Richardson)
    Salary Cap left- 129,800

Obviously very rough.

7. tehnoodnub

tehnoodnub New Member

@Morko: my only real advice would be to try to upgrade Petrie. Big risk having him as R2 IMO. Not keen on R/F MPP?

8. Morko78

Morko78 New Member

@tehnoodnub- yeah, i'm not sure where to play Petrie just yet. I suppose as long as he is in the team then thats all that matters atm. Any suggestions on a R/F MPP combination?

9. tehnoodnub

tehnoodnub New Member

It seems like most people (those going with MPP anyway) are going with Petrie fwd and J.Tippett at R4.

10. Morko78

Morko78 New Member

@tehnoodnub- may have to re-jig the rucks so I can move Petrie into the FWD line, which means somebody currently FWD has to go. I can't believe Mitch Clarke didn't have the R/F option. He was an absolute lock as R2 if that had of been the case...oh well.

11. Ruddy

Ruddy New Member

I'm thinking of putting Petrie in my ruck. Haven't decided whether he would be R2 or R3, but i'm thinking R3. I honestly don't think he will score as much as people are hoping. And the chance his foot will get injured again is probably pretty high. That is why i am leaning towards R3. It means theres a fair bit of money on the bench, but I'd rather not be relying on him to average 70+, so if he does get injured, i am screwed in the rucks.

I really don't want to put J Tippett in my team. His price makes him a lot to put on the bench, considering he may not even play. I don't think it's a good idea to start with him tbh.

But if you go Petrie in the ruck, you can down grade a forward rookie around round 9 or so to Tippett, swap Petrie into the forward line, and he may be worth enough that you can upgrade him to a premium forward. Meanwhile, you have Sandi + another premium/mid priced ruck as well as Smith from GC to cover.

12. Morko78

Morko78 New Member

@Ruddy, yeah, I am not keen on J.Tippett myself. The rucks always seem like a dilemma year in year out don't they? I remember all the posts on here last year. I think you have to get the rucks relatively right from the start or you can seriously waste trades in this area which is very frustrating.

13. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Maybe look at your FWD's with both Geelong and Hawks got the bye in Round 6, Maybe down grade Chappy and look to get him in after R6 make some cash for Ruck upgrade.

14. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

I've got My team ruddy down to 7 on field upgrades with Petrie as R3. But got the combo of Cox,Ryder.
    Have enough in the bank to go to Sandi but I expect Cox to rise, (pardon the pun) and Sandi might Drop a bit.
    Mids of Pendles,Judd, Watson, Selwood.
    Standard Backline Goddard,Gibbs,Lids,Enright
    Fwds Roo,Goodes, Rioli.

Pinched a bit in the midfield bench only playing cover guys with the Big MPP rookies like Heppel and Jacobs and Muzungu at their ALT spots
    Remember we got 24 trades so with no trades until rnd 3 unless a rookie or two go off without warning it should make it easy to get team pumped up by round 9.

Also I'm very tempted to load up on Players from Port,Bombers and Tigers as their the last to have a bye. So should make the Max money. Where the Pies and GC and the Saints are the first 3 teams to have the double bye and will upgrade to my secondary players from their teams after they have their second bye.
    No more than two players from the DBL/bye teams before 2nd bye and not in same line.
    Similar strategy goes for teams in the R4/5/6 and R16/19 (but by then team should be maxed out so mightn't matter as much)

15. Morko78

Morko78 New Member

@dabombers- perhaps I could downgrade Chappy and improve R2. What's your thoughts on Mitch Clarke from Brisbane? Also my squad doesn't have any Melbourne players so if I downgrade Chapman I could bring in maybe a Green, Sylvia, Pettard, Jurrah perhaps. They are definitely the side with the most improvement so I should probably snag someone from the Dees.

16. spud

spud New Member

Marko,
    Hopefully the NAB helps us to identify a few players from the up and coming teams that are likely to improve. At the moment it's all a lot of guess work.

I am hoping Geelong make it out of the group stage as I want to see how their play style has changed under a new coach and who has moved into the midfield as a result of G.Jrs departure before locking in players like Chapman.

17. Ruddy

Ruddy New Member

I was planning on having my rucks as Sandi, Petrie, Smith and a mid range ruck like Jacobs, or Jolly. But i'm not sure whether i should spend extra and get a Cox/Mumford type. I get the feeling that there will be no such thing as set and forget rucks. Sandi missed time last year, Cox missed time, Mumford missed time. i reckon no matter what, you will need to make a trade or two there. I reckon start with Sandi definitely, and then a mid-premium range player, like the ones i mentioned above. That way if they do get injured, you haven't wasted a trade bringing them in, only to send them back out again, and you also have enough money to get nay ruck available.

Also, by having Petrie as R3, you have good backup, and you also free up space for a more forward rookies, who will be better than J Tippet if you put him in for mpp.

18. fryzie

fryzie New Member

Ruddy, you've sold me.

I just put Petrie in as R3 so I could add Prestia to my forward line. This may be temporary though, because it's an awful waste of points if Petrie is scoring 80+ every week.

If that is the case though, as you said once there's some price changes you can easily downgrade a peaking forward rookie to J. Tippett and flick Petrie back into the forward line if he's looking like a keeper, also he'll have had his round 3 bye and you get a big stretch up to round 21 before he misses again which could be the perfect time to upgrade him for finals if you've got trades up your sleeve.

19. Morko78

Morko78 New Member

Ruddy and Fryzie- I actually like that strategy. Petrie on the bench is a little expensive but it could pay off handsomely. If you have a reliable 2nd ruck as you have mentioned with the likes of Jolly and even a Dean Cox(if you can afford him)why not.

20. Ruddy

Ruddy New Member

Petrie is only about 100k more expensive than the usual rookies who you would have on your bench. 100,000/10,000,000 is 1%. Meaning it's only an extra 1% sitting on your bench. As Fryzie said, if he starts averaging 80+, it takes one trade to move him into your forward line, and you get the money from the downgrade.
    If he gets injured as an R3, it's not as big a loss as if he is R2 or F5. You aren't relying on him for points, and you don't need to find a replacement ASAP, meaning you can wait for a fallen premium to trade him out.

Meanwhile, having an extra forward rookie, such as Prestia could pay huge dividends. It gives you an extra spot to find that rookie who could explode this year. And it means you just have an extra option to make money, and having coverage who actually plays.

Also, since i seem more and more likely to be starting with a 3 premium midfield, it makes sense to put the extra premium in the ruck. But even for a 4 premium midfield it seems like a good idea.