First Supercoach Team!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'AFL' started by dabombers, Jan 17, 2011.

1. soups

soups New Member

1st Draft (03/02/11)

Goddard, Deledio, Duffield, Drummond, Otten, Talia, Toy (Hibberd, Puopolo, Duigan)

Swan, Dal Santo, Gibbs, Pavlich, Shuey, Bennell (Gaff, Heppell, Harris)

Sandilands, NickNat (Fraser, clarke)

Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin, LeCras, Knights, Krakouer, Tapscott (Darling, Mzungu, Matera)

thoughts?

2. lezyeoh

lezyeoh New Member

@soups
    not sure on gibbs in mid.
    Having fraser on bench is interesting. Ive personally got jolly in R2.
    Tapscott looks like he will be a good player, but whether he'll play straight away will be seen. Wait for NAB on that. In addition, he is injury prone.

Pretty solid straight up though.

3. soups

soups New Member

actually made some changes later on -

2nd Draft (04/02/11)
    Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Duffield, Drummond, Otten, Duigan (Toy, Hibberd, Puopolo)
    Swan, Jack, Beams, Pavlich, Gaff, Heppell, (Harris, Iles, Mzungu)
    Sandilands, NickNat (Fraser, clarke)
    Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin, LeCras, Knights, Krakouer, Tapscott (Darling, Prestia, Matera)

4. lezyeoh

lezyeoh New Member

has anyone thought of starting with only 2 prem in the midfield?

I'm experimenting with:

D: goddard, gibbs, lids, malceski, grimes, otten, heppell (Toy, Duigan, Puopolo)

M: Judd, Selwood, D.Swallow, Gaff, Atley, ? (harris, Callinan, Hibberd)

R: Sandi, Jolly (Smith, J.Tippett)

F: Roo, Buddy, Dids, Rioli, Goodes, Knights, Petrie (Matera, Mzungu, Smith)

$425K left over...
    ? is whether to rejig a little to put another prem in mid, or go with another rookie and keep a little in the kitty for upgrades.

Thoughts?

5. Shodsworth

Shodsworth New Member

Happy new Supercoach year everyone... Love the new setup Walesy, looks good.
    Have a first draft team here, any advice appreciated.

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Bock, Hurn, Urquart, Otten (Poupolo, Lower, Toy)

M: Pendles, Selwood, L. Anthony, Foley, Harris, Gaff (Atley, Hibberd, Prestia)

R: Sandi, K Tippet, (J Tippet, Smith)

F: Riewoldt, Waite, R O'Keefe, Higgins, Dangerfield, Pavlich, Petrie, (Mzungu, Callinan, Darling)

$32000 left over.

I'm not sold on my midfield/rucks. But i think the rookies are right to hold onto... well until the NAB cup anyway.)

6. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

Callinan was the standout for the Crows internal trial this morning. Kicked 2 goals and used the ball well. Otten sprained his ankle, so he is some doubt for round 1 of the NAB cup.

7. Mudgee

Mudgee New Member

This is my team so far... What do ppl think? I went for more MPP's to account for the byes. Went with a couple risks and rookies in hope for a few big payouts.

DEFENDERS:
    B Gibbs, B Deledio, N Malceski, N Bock, H O'Brien, P Davis, A Otten
    RES: D Heppell, N Duigan, J McGovern

MIDFIELD:
    B Goddard, J Selwood, P Chapman, M Rischitelli, R Tambling, D Swallow
    RES: A Gaff, B Jacobs, S Atley

RUCK:
    A Sandilands, D Petrie
    RES: J Tippett, B McCauley

FORWARDS:
    N Riewoldt, M Pavlich, J Brown, T Walker, C Knights, A Krakouer, S Day
    RES: D Prestia, C Richardson, I Callinan

8. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Just going back to the discussion on Petrie as R3. I think its a great idea for the reasons mentioned above.
    However I'd rather start with the R-F link rather than be forced to trade into it later to cover donuts.
    People seem to have gone off J Tippett? Any reasons? Do you think its definitely worth shelling out a bit extra to get Rhys Stanley or even Hale (if that takes your fancy)??

9. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I like your team Mudgee. Two Cats mids could be risky, but the MPP should cover that. Petrie at R2 big risk imo. Personally I wouldn't go with Harry O, not enough points for him.

10. Gods_Gift

Gods_Gift New Member

Mudgee, I don't understand why you J. Tippet on your RUC reserves? He wont get many games and you have no ruckman in the FWD line to switch him with. If you had Petrie in the FWD line it would make sense but having him their with no person to switch with is just weird.

11. fryzie

fryzie New Member

Nick,

The logic behind starting with Petrie as R3 and not in the forward line with Tippett as R3 is that you can trade into it later.

Petrie is more likely to become a keeper than say Matera, so once Matera peaks you can downgrade him to Tippett, pocket the cash then swing Petrie into the forward line if he looks like a keeper which also gives you extra ruck coverage as you will hopefully still have rookies that are playing on your forward bench.

Remember, it's a marathon not a sprint.

12. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I see your point. Only problem is if Petrie starts the season off on fire, then he is kind of stuck at R3, unless he is outperforming your R2. A risk that is required to be taken I suppose.

13. keith_moon

keith_moon New Member

Hey Gents this is my team:

Deledio, Fisher, Duffield,
    Shaw, Harbrow, Otten, Heppell (Toy, Duigan, Watson)

Pendlebury, A. Swallow, Gibbs, Jack, D.Swallow
    Gaff (Polec, Harris, Wallis)

Sandilands, Mumford (Petrie, Z.Smith)

N. Reiwoldt, Pavlich, Rioli
    Brennan, Dangerfield, K Tippett, Mzungu
    (C Richardson, Dixon, I Smith)

How does it look so far..Any Suggestions?

14. Ruddy

Ruddy New Member

@Nick
    Better to have points stuck on the bench, then a useless non-player on your field, if Petrie gets injured, or is bad this season etc. I'd be hoping Matera or an alternative starts to peak around round 8 or 9, or even earlier, meaning even if Petrie does fire, you don't miss out on it for too long.

@keith_moon
    Firstly i just want to say, you'll be copping a 0 in round 6 with Pav, Rioli, Mzungu and Smith all having byes that round.

You have made some interesting decisions, such as not picking Goddard as well as selecting some pretty risky players in Shaw, Harbrow, Brennan, Dangerfield and Tippett. Personally, i would pick some of the more common players such as Chappy, Goodes, Broughton and Goddard, simply because i reckon they will outscore some of the players you have picked. While it is fine to pick a unique team, rather than the same stock-standard players, i reckon some of the ones you've left out are the must haves this year. But a pretty good looking team mate

15. keith_moon

keith_moon New Member

Cheers...I will make some adjustments..I just didn't want to go along with the masses :D

Edit: I thought Heath Shaw was a good player..Looks like he is out

16. Ruddy

Ruddy New Member

Heath Shaw is pretty inconsistent, and i reckon there are better options out there. His possible move onto a wing will be interesting, although he did play there a couple of times last year. He also can't handle a tag.

17. keith_moon

keith_moon New Member

Ok I have completely changed my squad lol..Again any suggestions will be taken on board..I have some pretty weak competition in my league im only in it to beat my mates so I can talk some crap lol..

Back - Goddard, Gibbs, Delidio, Broughton, Gilbee, Otten, Hepplle (J.Toy, Cripps, Duigan)

Mid - Swan, Selwood, Hodge, D.Swallow, Gaff, Harris (Mzungu, Hibberd, Wallis)

Ruk - Sandi, Petrie (Smith, Bailey)

Fwd - Chapman, N.Riewoldt, Pavlich, O'keefe, Higgens, Knights, Krakouer (Prestia, Tapscott, Richardson)

Cash Left - $2,100

I am thinking my Midfield is the weakest with the 3 lower value players..My mate reakons Gilbee doesn't score much..

Im more of a Nba/Premier league supporter I just do this to play against mates :D

18. stowie

stowie Moderator

Team Stowie v0.0001a

DEF: B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, J. Grimes, J. Drummond, A. Otten, D. Heppell (J. Toy, N. Duigan, M. Hibberd)

MID: B. Goddard, C. Judd, J. Bartel, A. Goodes, D. Swallow, A. Gaff (R. Conca, D. Harris, S. Atley)

RUC: A. Sandilands, K. Tippett (Z. Smith, A. Cordy)

FWD: P. Chapman, N. Riewoldt, C. Rioli, S. Higgins, M. Morton, D. Petrie, B. Matera (M. Motlop, T. Mzungu, I. Callinan)

CASH LEFT: $41,900

Attempted to balance the team through the first lot of byes.

<blockquote>Quote from keith_moon on February 5, 2011, 09:11
    Im more of a Nba/Premier league supporter I just do this to play against mates :D</blockquote>

TooSerious has pretty good NBA / EPL fantasy leagues too :)

19. sean

sean New Member

Hey - don't feel qualified to comment on anyone else's teams - but here's mine - any suggestions are most most welcome.

BACKS Goddard B, Gibbs B, Deledio B, Malceski N, Adcock J, Otten A, Heppe D, &#60; Talia D Joy T Puopolo P >

MIDS Swan D, Boyd M, Hodge L, Jack K, Swallow D, Hibbard M, &#60; Harris D, Mzungu T, Green T >

RUCKS Sandilands A, Jolly D &#60; Smith Z, Bailey M >

FORWARDS Chapman P, Franklin L, Goodes A, Reiwoldt N, Knights C, Krakouer A, Prestia D, &#60; Tapscott L, Darling J, Lamb J >

Thanks!

20. ALLSTAR22

ALLSTAR22 New Member

Im struggling to put a team together
    Come up with this.
    Need some feedback (positive or negative).
    Bcks
    Goddard(DP),Gibbs(DP),Gilbert(DP),Enright,Deledio(DP),
    Broughton,Duigan,Coad,Watson,Hibberd(DP)
    Mids
    Swan,D Swallow,Jack,Shuey,Heppell(DP),Mzungu(DP),Christensen,Atley,Schroeder
    Rcks
    Sandilands,Kreuzer,Smith,Deryczx
    Fwds
    Franklin,Green,McGlynn(DP),Morton(DP),Fyfe(DP),Yarran,
    Krakouer,Richardson,Shepheard(DP),Callinan(DP)