First Supercoach Team!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'AFL' started by dabombers, Jan 17, 2011.

1. ALLSTAR22

ALLSTAR22 New Member

Sorry, that should be A Swallow in my mids ....

2. Tylo

Tylo Moderator

Its an interesting structure Allstar. Top heavy in the backline but thats been the way to go last couple of years. The big risk is your gonna need those midprice guys(Shuey, Morton, Fyfe, Yarran) to step up straight away. Its a bit of a punt but I dont mind it(the stucture that is, not the actual players but thats a personal thing, you gotta pick guys your keen on). Dont know much about Schroeder - you dont wanna waste mid bench spots on guys that wont play.

3. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from keith_moon on February 5, 2011, 09:11
    Ok I have completely changed my squad lol..Again any suggestions will be taken on board..I have some pretty weak competition in my league im only in it to beat my mates so I can talk some crap lol..

Back - Goddard, Gibbs, Delidio, Broughton, Gilbee, Otten, Hepplle (J.Toy, Cripps, Duigan)

Mid - Swan, Selwood, Hodge, D.Swallow, Gaff, Harris (Mzungu, Hibberd, Wallis)

Ruk - Sandi, Petrie (Smith, Bailey)

Fwd - Chapman, N.Riewoldt, Pavlich, O'keefe, Higgens, Knights, Krakouer (Prestia, Tapscott, Richardson)

Cash Left - &#36;2,100

I am thinking my Midfield is the weakest with the 3 lower value players..My mate reakons Gilbee doesn't score much..

Im more of a Nba/Premier league supporter I just do this to play against mates :D</blockquote>

this looks much better than your first attempt. your mids are set up well imo - dont worry about "the 3 lower value players", they will generate the most cash for you.
    if i could suggest anything, is that you may have 1 too many midpricers in the forward line. maybe think about downgrading one of them to a rookie. but thats your call. if you are confident all those midpricers will have good enough seasons to become premiums, then keep them as they are cheap for that sort of output. but if they dont, it will be silly to start with them as when you upgrade them to a premium, you wont have had as much &#36; generated as a rookie would...

4. anthak

<blockquote>Quote from stowie on February 5, 2011, 09:52
    Team Stowie v0.0001a

DEF: B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, J. Grimes, J. Drummond, A. Otten, D. Heppell (J. Toy, N. Duigan, M. Hibberd)

MID: B. Goddard, C. Judd, J. Bartel, A. Goodes, D. Swallow, A. Gaff (R. Conca, D. Harris, S. Atley)

RUC: A. Sandilands, K. Tippett (Z. Smith, A. Cordy)

FWD: P. Chapman, N. Riewoldt, C. Rioli, S. Higgins, M. Morton, D. Petrie, B. Matera (M. Motlop, T. Mzungu, I. Callinan)

CASH LEFT: &#36;41,900

Attempted to balance the team through the first lot of byes.

<blockquote>Quote from keith_moon on February 5, 2011, 09:11
    Im more of a Nba/Premier league supporter I just do this to play against mates :D</blockquote>

TooSerious has pretty good NBA / EPL fantasy leagues too :)</blockquote>

similar things could be said about this one Stowie. mids look great. back and forward - maybe too many midpricers... but a good overall team i reckon. Tippet is a bit of a worry, haha. but thats personal preference i reckon. we all gotta be happy with the players we choose.

5. anthak

@Keith_Moon
    I also back up Stowie on the good leagues/discussions around NBA and EPL here at TS. should check them out.

6. ALLSTAR22

ALLSTAR22 New Member

Hope this squad has more balance
    (still heavy in the bcks but want that)
    + got 15 MPP
    Bcks -
    Goddard,Gibbs,Gilbert,Enright,Deledio,Broughton,Duigan
    (Coad,Watson,Hibberd)
    Mids -
    Swan,A Swallow,Sylvia,Jack,Heppell,Mzungu
    (D Swallow,Atley,Green)
    Rcks -
    Sandilands,Hale
    (Smith,McCauley)
    Fwds -
    Green,Riewoldt,Rioli,McGlynn,Hurley,Petrie,Krakouer
    (Richardson,Shepheard,Callinan)

7. Ruddy

Ruddy New Member

If i were you ALLSTAR22, i would go more certain premiums. For example, Gilbert has been in trouble of the pre-season, and a move forward would definitely reduce his points significantly. Enright got dominated by taggers last year, and i reckon the same will happen this year. Don't pick Hale, he will average like 60-70, not increasing in value, or giving you much. Also, Sandi and Hale share the round 6 bye. Hurley is interesting. Will he play in defence as with last year? Even if he does go forward, will he score well? A fair amount of risk, and not much potential reward for mine.

8. ALLSTAR22

ALLSTAR22 New Member

Thanks for the great tips "Ruddy"
    Your thoughts on :
    Fisher for Gilbert
    Gilbee for Enright
    Mcevoy for Hale
    Yarran for Hurley

9. stowie

stowie Moderator

Thanks Ant. Looking drop one of Morton and Higgins down to a rookie or Krak and possibly upgrade in the Ruck. Hope the NAB will help me make up my mind.

10. Ruddy

Ruddy New Member

Don't get fisher and Gilbee mate, they both share a bye, as well as Goddard, iirc. Yarran may be alright if he plays off half back, but i'd still go with a more guns/rookies strategy. Mcevoy should be Saint Kilda's first ruck, so could be alright, but i'd personally go with a second ruck who may turn into a premium, meaning less likelihood that they need upgrading.

11. anthak

ok I dished out a bit of advice, but i think its usually easier to see issues in others teams, so im gonna post mine to find out what you guys reckon:

B: BJ, Gibbs, Lids, Broughton, Hurn, Otten, Heppell, Retzlaf, Duigan, Puopolo
    M: Judd, Hodge, Jack, DSwallow, Gaff, Conca, Harris, Smith, Wallace
    R: Sandi, Petrie, Smith, Cambell
    F: Chappy, Roo, Buddy, Goodes, ROK, MissyH, MMotlop, Richardson, Mzungu, Callinan.

obviously gotta see how everyone goes in NAB - especially rookies.
    and also a lot depends on who is named in R1

I will be a bit stretched when some of the byes are happeneing, but barring any injuries and DNPCD's, i will be able to cover all weeks.

I am not sold on Hodge or even Jack yet. gotta work out them two spots - still up in the air.
    and Petrie may change into Fraser...
    Goodes needs to be playing mid, but if its hard to tell, i will prob take the risk that he will.

anyway, what do you think? any advice will be appreciated!
    Cheers

12. Moonwalker

Moonwalker New Member

I think the question for you anthak is whether you would keep both Hodge and Jack for the rest of the season considering what else is on offer? Maybe with Hodge but with Jack I would personally stick with a proven premium but he may explode this year. The rest is fine, 50/50 on Higgins though but go with your gut.

Just looking for a quick inspection before NAB Cup.

TEAM NAME: Cal's Army

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, N. Malceski, A. Otten, D. Heppell (J. Toy, P. Puopolo, N. Duigan)

MID: D. Swan, C. Judd, L. Montagna, D. Swallow, R. Conca, D. Harris (T. Mzungu, S. Atley, M. Wallis)

RUC: D. Cox, D. Jolly (J. Tippett, Z. Smith)

FWD: P. Chapman, N. Riewoldt, C. Rioli, A. Goodes, J. Waite, D. Petrie, D. Prestia (C. Richardson, B. Matera, I. Callinan)

CASH LEFT: &#36;23,400

13. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

@Anthak
    You've spent up in the DEF line, which I believe is a valid strategy (and one that I went with last year).

Your RUC line looks the weakest of your team. Not thinking that Campbell is going to see any action. He is a bit like Wayde Skipper last year, only on the list at all as an insurance policy in times of desperation. I think you might find a better R4 option during the NAB cup.

Your FWD line has quite a number of players with a firm question mark over their heads, meaning that there is quite a bit of risk in this lineup. Higgins obviously has durability issues. Marlon Motlop has been firing blanks for several years now (as has Port though). I'm not sold on ROK/Goodes, either individually where I think both are on the decline as SC players, and certainly not together in the same team. Goodes was more largely based inside 50 in 2010 and I can't see this changing given his age, although a new coach might shake things up. ROK is just not the same as he once was, and I followed him all last season as he was in my team throughout.

Jack has been in and out of my team. I think he has a good chance of rising in output, compared to the risk that he might fall. However I do think that Roos had a lot more faith in him than perhaps he had earnt through results, and maybe the new coach might not be coming from the same way of thinking, in terms of Jack's role in the team. I'll be watching him, but for me I have now opted into Boyd in place of Jack at M4.

For reference, my team at the moment (pre-NAB form) is:

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Otten, Toy, Talia, Duigan, Hibberd, O'Shea

MID: Swan, Selwood, Hodge, Boyd, Swallow, Heppell, Harris, Smith, Wallis

RUC: Sandilands, Ryder, Smith, Cordy

FWD: Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin, Rioli, Petrie, Krakouer, Matera, Richardson, Mzungu, Callinan

Cash: &#36;97k

Some or all of my rookies will likely change over the next 6 weeks or so. But I'm getting more settled about the top end players in this lineup at the moment. I haven't done much in depth analysis of the bye-situation either at this point.

14. ALLSTAR22

ALLSTAR22 New Member

My team similar to others but a few uniques
    + plenty of MPP which can only help
    Bcks -
    Goddard,Gibbs,Gilbert,Deledio,Broughton,
    Duigan,Puopolo (Coad,Toy,Hibberd)
    Mids -
    Swan,Boyd,Boak,Shuey,Heppell,Mzungu
    (D Swallow,Harris,Atley)
    Rcks -
    Sandilands,Ryder + the 2 x 80K Lions
    Fwds -
    Franklin,Green,Sylvia,McGlynn,Fyfe,
    Dangerfield,Krakouer
    (Richardson,Shepheard,Callinan)
    How does it look ???

15. Booma

Booma New Member

Howdy all, I've been abusing the info on this site for the last 2 years and just signed up. I've been messing around with my team for the last 2 days and would love some feedback on it. Haven't taken into account byes as yet, but working on it. PS form will prob turn this thing on it's ear, but i'm loving it at the moment.

Backs - BJ, Gibbs, Lids, Grimes, Hurn, Andy Otten, Puopolo (Duigan, N Lower, M Otten)

Mids - Hodge, Joey, M Murphy, Bartel, Conca, Harris (Heppell, Atley, Callinan)

Rucks - Sandy, Cox (Cordy Z Smith)

Forwards - Rooey, Pavo, JB, Stevie J, Knights, Krakouer, I Smith (B Matera, Tapscott, Mzungu)

16. Holey

Holey Moderator Staff Member

should really be called my 50th supercoach team... but not touching this one until at least some NAB form comes in...

Goddard Gibbs Deledio Broughton Otten Heppell Coad (D Stanley Duigan Puopolo)

Swan Judd J Selwood Montagna Swallow Harris (Hibberd I Smith Wallis)

Sandilands Jolly (Z Smith Cordy)

Chapman N Riewoldt Franklin Didak Petrie Krakouer Matera (Mzungu Darling Callinan)

&#36;17,100 cash left

Not 100&#37; sold on Jolly yet, may choose to go cheaper, but not sure if I need to spend the extra cash anywhere anyway...

17. goodesy

goodesy New Member

any thoughts on my team would be helpful..

Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Otten, Heppell, Toy - Howard, Duigan, Puopolo

Judd, Selwood, Pendelbury, Jack, Swallow, Gaff - Mzungu, I.Smith, Hibberd

Sandilands, Tippett - Z.Smith, Bailey

Chapman, N.Riewoldt, Rioli, ROK, Higgins, Petrie, Krakouer - Prestia, Richardson, Callinan

thanks.

18. anthak

thanks moonwalker and jason. As I said those rookies are subject to change - depending on NAB performance and R1 teams...
    I think ROK will be much better this season. I had him all of last season as well, but he was carrying niggling injuries for a majority of the year, so hopefully he is over those.
    And Goodes - fair call. I am just hoping that he plays predominantly midfield. we may or may not get an idea during the NAB, but at his price, I think I can take the risk.
    Higgins is in the same boat - too good a value to ignore, and he is apparantly fitter than he has been for a long time.

I am not sure about jack at all, but hes there at the moment, and Ill watch him inNAB. Hodge may be a little too exxy but still considering that.

And Im now thinking I will change Petrie to Fraser. but thats just going by those rumours going around - another one to watch in NAB...

@Moonwalker. you have a great team imo. I havent really considered Sexi at his &#36;, but may turn out a great choice, and its yours to make.
    Joey is an interesting one. he was in my first team, i changed him to Hodge and i may change back. He will score a lot better this year with Roo back in the side. He is undervalued atm. great choice on those factors. I have just shyed away because of their early bye. maybe a bit silly. I just think the Stk players will be good upgrade targets, and it also gives a cahnce to see who is doing best out of their big 3 (not including BJ and Roo) NDS, Joey and HAyes, and who is best value obviously.

@Jason, you seem to have fit a lot of keepers into your side and you still have 97k left over. I have only glanced at your side, but it seems impressive!

19. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Has anyone thought about Trade strategy this year.
    Eg.Optimum time to get certain players.
    Number of trades-eg. Downgrades,upgrades,sideways.

I've been playing around and have 13 planned trades this year broken up into upgrades(Big and small)
    4 Trades for injuries and 7 Downgrades.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what times and strategies might work with what teams and players.

20. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

dabombers - I think many of the rookie upgrades this year should be planned around the byes - both for the rookies you are upgrading but also for your target premiums.

Knowing when the bye is for a certain team and player, and using it to your advantage, could save you lots of money.

For example, if you have a rookie you are going to cash in, and maybe 2-3 premiums to choose from, a deciding factor on when to do it, and which premium to pick up, could be when their byes are.

Holding the rookie for an extra week might eke out an extra &#36;5-10K for you. Combine this with your target premium having a bye (allowing you to hold the rookie for one more week of cash cow mooing as the premium's price is unmoved) and you could save some handy dosh.

On the other side - if a rookie has reached his peak, but a trade premium is going to fall further in another week, a bye for the rookie to allow the premium to fall further in price would be a Godsend.

As for trade breakdown, we get 4 extra this year. 2 or 3 of those I'm instantly stashing in case of injuries. I underestimated injury trades last year, I'd rather overestimate this year.

It also probably means that one or two of the rookies I've chosen need to become Broughton/Barlow and end up good enough to last almost the whole season. There is a good chance more than a couple will, particularly in the midfield.

My aim is maybe 7 pairs of upgrade/downgrade (2 back, 2 mid, 2 forward, 1 miscellaneous). At most, maybe 8 if one of the rookies or discounted options I have doesn't work.

The rest to cover injuries - means I'll have 8-10 trades for injuries which I reckon is still a bit tight. The good news might be the byes will allow some teams and players to freshen up and not miss games.

And just for fun, my re-jigged team:

B: Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Enright, Grimes, Otten, Heppell (Toy, Puopolo, Duigan)
    C: Goddard, Pendlebury, A Swallow, D Swallow, Gaff, Harris (Hibberd, Mzungu, Blease)
    F: Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Rioli, Chapman, C Knights, Matera (Prestia, I Smith, Callinan)
    R: Sandilands, Ryder (Smith, R Campbell)

&#36;5300 left over