First Supercoach Team!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'AFL' started by dabombers, Jan 17, 2011.

1. gingermeggs

gingermeggs New Member

Thoughts?

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Enright, Grimes, Otten, Heppell, Coad (Toy, Puopolo, Hibberd)

M: Swan, Judd, Hodge, Watson, Swallow, Bennell (Gaff, Polec, Mzungu)

R: Sandilands, Jolly (J Tippett, Z Smith)

F: Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Bradshaw, Krakouer, Petrie, Prestia (Darling, Smith, Callinan)

$90K in the bank

Obviously just waiting to see what happens in the preseason comp ... there's a few names in there I have read about but not seen.

2. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Thanks chris getting a spreadsheet on the go with rookies and premiums and their byes sorted out.
    Putting all rookies in but not messing round with any prems except my target list and a few possible breakout prems (like Jack etc)

Nice team there but big concerns over the Round 6 forward line issues. 4 premiums out have me looking to get hopefully 2 of those in after this round. maybe put one or two mid-priced improvers in until this round.
    Love the rucks.
    By my count you will have 7 premiums out in R6 which I think is too many. Yet it will save you on upgrade trades or sideways ones. Trades are golden but donuts are nasty also.

Anyway heres my latest dig. Trying to get more players from teams that have late first byes. and then use a trade sideways.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Brett Deledio, Corey Enright, Chris Newman, Jack Grimes, Peter Faulks
    Nicholas Duigan, Michael Hibberd, Paul Puopolo

Scott Pendlebury, Jobe Watson, Stephen Hill, Andrew Gaff, Reece Conca, Dyson Heppell
    Daniel Harris, Shaun Atley, Ian Callinan

Dean Cox, Patrick Ryder
    Zac Smith, Tom Derickx

Nick Riewoldt, Cyril Rioli, Adam Goodes, Jack Riewoldt, Brent Macaffer, Patrick Dangerfield, Andrew Krakouer
    Sam Day, Tendai Mzungu, Isaac Smith

Trying to go for strong Backline, Enough rookie mids for nice cash increase and hopefully enough players playing in fwds for late upgrades.

Plan upgrade mids first(depends on price increases B/E)
    Get Sandi in for Ryder after R6
    Upgrade Fwds also after R6.
    Keep Tiger,Collingwood,Bomber players until
    byes. Then trade midpricers or sidways.
    Risky plays are
    Not having otten,
    S.Hill,Dangerfield,Macaffer(will they turn into Guns)?
    Not getting Sandi to start with, will the other boys make enough points and will Z.Smith and Derikx play for coverage???

Anything else guys.....

3. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Dabombers - there are some sneaky good raps on Derricx at Tigerland. Keep an eye on him in preseason, but I'm not sure if he'll be in the best 22 early on.

4. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Yeah was gonna keep him quiet Chris but if he plays preseason the cat would be out of the bag anyway.
    He's really only competing with Browne for the 2nd spot and is a mature age rookie, but Browne has had some raps put on his Goal kicking ability.

What ya reckon on the structure????

5. lezyeoh

lezyeoh New Member

@chris88, that bye is going to kill you. round 6 i think. hawks, freo and geelong.
    Means buddy, pav, rioli, chappy, smith all going to be out of your forward line...

6. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Yep - am definitely hearing you dabombers and lezyeoh re round 6. I have a couple of options - one of which I've already done - bung Callinan back in the middle and bring in Richardson from North as a forward.

Callinan can fill a whole for Pav or Chappy.

My two GC guys will help fill gaps up forward as well - it probably leaves me with one doughnut - but that can be cured by taking one of Pav or Rioli out and placing maybe Goodes or OKeefe (or someone else) in their stead.

Work to do of course.

On Derricx - he probably has Angus Graham and Browne ahead of him. Ty Vickery could be played forward or in the ruck .... so he may get a look in, might not.

dabombers - just on structure - I agree with you 100% on the need for a strong backline. I reckon that there's a lot of relatively cheap but good options back there that allow you to have perhaps five premiums plus Otten and a rookie on the field each week.

That's probably dependent on having a midfield set up involving 6 rookies out of nine. But this year that is easily doable - there's probably 12 rookies that could go into the mids right now!

Up forward, again, there's options for a 5-1-1 split on the park as well. My only worry with your set up dabombers is the midpricers up forward - Danger, McCaffer in particular. J Riewoldt worries me a bit too - his role could be radically different this year.
    But you could take out, say, Danger, put in a rookie and maybe upgrade McCaffer to a near premium or very good midpricer.

One other option might be an extra rookie up back for an extra premium up forward.

7. spud

spud New Member

@Dabombers,

That's a killer backline but i fear it has taken far too big a toll on your midfield. The rucks are fine, the forwards are okay, but your midfield is too weak to start with if shooting for overall. Pendlebury plus Watson as your only premiums, and neither are super prems either. Pendlebury is no doubt a class player who will score well and may bridge the gap between himself and Swan, but he is not good enough to make up the points that your midfield will be forgoing by only starting those two.

Watson scares me too - too much handballing for my liking in supercoach, and he has the bye in round24 (as does Ryder). I don't know if you have him there as a placeholder for Ablett in round10, but with only 2 starting prems in the mids you might not have the luxury of trading him out.

The only circumstances I would consider a 2 prem starting midfield would have been last year and you would have wanted Swan+Ablett - 2 super premiums in the midfield worked for some people (with 4 starting rookies) as there was an abundance of talent in the mids last year, though it required an aggressive trading strategy.

8. Morko78

Morko78 New Member

Guys, anybody wanna comment on my Mrs 1st side. She did okay last year in her work league so hoping some cash might come our way again- anyways here it is;
    Goddard-Broughton-Malceski-Connors-Adcock-Heppell-Puopolo(Crawford-Guthrie-McCarthy)
    Swan-Judd-Boyd-A.Swallow-Gaff-Mzungu(Atley-Hibberd-I.Smith)
    Sandilands-Jacobs(Petrie-Redden)
    N.Riewoldt-Franklin-Pavlich-Sylvia-Gray-Krakouer-Callinan(Priesta-Howe-Lamb)
    $28,900 bucks left-thoughts?

9. TooNew

TooNew New Member

This is my first year in SC (finally gave in to the hype lol) so i'm hoping to start with a team thats heading in the right direction i have this as my team at the moment it's very rookie based not sure if thats going to leave me struggling for points or if i can swap out them out for better players later on.
    BK Godddard, C Bruce, Enright, Otten Heppell, jacobs, Toy (cripps, Duigan, Puopolo)
    MID Judd, Sellwood, Swallow, jack, D swallow, Gaff, (Conca, Harris, Atley)
    RK sandilands, jolly, (petrie, Smith)
    FWD Chapman, riewoldt, Rioli, Matera, Krakouer, Prestia, Mzunga, (Howe, Smith, Callinan)
    any help would be greatly appreciated.

10. lezyeoh

lezyeoh New Member

@Morko78 - Think you'd be crazy not to put at least one of gibbs/lids. Strong midfield. Overall its a pretty solid team. Howe won't get a game. Don't listen to that herald sun. He can jump...but gonna be a tough 22 to break into this year.

@TooNew - same as Morko above. It is very rookie focused, but based on that squad, you've surely got a fair bit of cash left over? Petrie on bench is kinda of a waste. But that is debatable and is only my opinion

11. Ruddy

Ruddy New Member

Alright guys, i figured i'd post up my current team:

Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppell, Toy, Duigan, Puopolo

A.Swallow, Bartel, Jack, D Swallow, Gaff, Polec, Harris, Wallis, I Smith

Sandilands, Jolly, Petrie, Z Smith

Chapman, Riewoldt, Brown, Rioli, Goodes, Prestia, Richardson, Matera, Mzungu, Callinan

Obviously it will likely change before the start of the season, especially the likes of Brown who has injury worries, Wallis who i don't know if he'll play, and I Smith, who i'm not sure if his mpp outweighs other midfield rookies.

If everything goes to plan i'll have 7 upgrades, 6 if Petrie becomes a keeper, and i move him to my forward line. And i'll increase my mpp once it becomes more needed as less bench rookies play.

12. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

@Spud, my thoughts on Watson and Pendle's is that they both have later byes and ok starting price to end up being M4,5,or6. Later byes is swaying my decision as it gives me more time to cash in on rookie who will have atleast one bye 2 for GC before bombers 1st. got 222k banked up if I go Petrie fwd for Macaffer or 50k with.
    222k sound nice if Petrie is a go'er. makes 2 mid upgrades go smoothly.,

Whats peoples thoughts on price rises for premiums.
    Have we been given 60k off on their current averages. If this is so when Swan and ablett both get 3 games of 130 plus are they going to go up above 700k making them really hard to upgrade to????

13. Morko78

Morko78 New Member

@Ruddy- just quickly scanning over it, it is a bloody well balanced side. I can't see really many flaws with it atm. I see you went with Bartel in the mids. Reckon he will score a bit more freely now GAJ has gone?

14. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Been messing with my spreadsheet and their are a few player trades that apart from upgrades I'm seriously considering doing. One idea is trading a player who is about to have two trades for a player who has already had one..
    I know we have had discussions on what a trade is worth cash wise, but what is a trade worth points wise.
    If a prem is gonna miss 2 games is a trade(sideways) worth 100 pts. especially if it is 2 a keeper.

Unfortunately one player who this wont work for is Judd as his bye is late. so Its either start with him or miss him all season.

15. Ruddy

Ruddy New Member

Thanks mate, i don't think i will make too many major changes to it, but i do currently have $93,100 left over, so i might add a few dollars somewhere, perhaps for Krakouer if he kills it in the NAB cup, or just go into the season with a bit of extra dough.

I originally had Selwood in there, but i reckon Bartel is like to see a fairly big scoring increase with no Ablett, and he is also less likely to be affected by the new coach/game plan. Selwood generally needs a lot of possessions to score well, whereas Bartel kicks it way more, so he can get 20-25 and still get 115+. So now that the cats will have less possessions in their game style, that would advantage Bartel. He should play more on the ball this year as well, instead of off half back or on a wing.

Just my view on the matter, but i may change up my midfield, and bring in Swan or another super premium for either Jack or Swallow.

16. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Rejigged side again to upgrade mids to super-premiums
    6-rookie's onfield maybe too many but should have some playing then only 8 upgrades needed to complete side with 2 trades on carlton players to add on.
    So 14 trades for injuries and downgrades. will probably leave 6 trades for injuries this year.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Brett Deledio, Corey Enright, Chris Newman, Jack Grimes, Peter Faulks
    Nicholas Duigan, Michael Hibberd, Paul Puopolo

Dane Swan, Chris Judd, Stephen Hill, Andrew Gaff, Reece Conca, Dyson Heppell
    Daniel Harris, Shaun Atley, Ian Callinan

Dean Cox, Patrick Ryder
    Zac Smith, Tom Derickx

Paul Chapman, Nick Riewoldt, Cyril Rioli, Adam Goodes, Patrick Dangerfield, Andrew Krakouer, Sam Day
    Tendai Mzungu, Cameron Richardson, Isaac Smith

17. goodesy

goodesy New Member

Hey guys just wanting some feedback/critics on my team.

Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Otten, Heppell, Toy - Howard, Duigan, Puopolo

Judd, Selwood, Pendelbury, Jack, Swallow, Gaff - Mzungu, I.Smith, Hibberd

Sandilands, Tippett - Z.Smith, Derickx

Chapman, N.Riewoldt, Rioli, ROK, Higgins, Petrie, Krakouer - Prestia, Richardson, Callinan

thanks in advanced

18. Morko78

Morko78 New Member

@Ruddy- yeah I still like Swallow and Jack this year though. I think they have the propensity to score more than adequately enough to be in your starting midfield. Add both of those to possible upgrades in Swan and/or Ablett and you have a nice mix.

19. travo420

travo420 New Member

rough first up team, rookies will prob get mix around pending NAB form, and rnd 1 selection. Not sure why put gamble, in hes one i am going to watch and see how the saints play him.

• Backs
      Goddard (mid)
      Deledio (mid)
      Broughton
      Ottens
      Carrazzo (mid)
      The Chad
      Duigan
      bench
      Faulks
      Puopolo
      Toy

Mids
      Swan
      Judd
      Gibbs (back)
      Swallow
      Shuey
      krakouer (fwd)
      bench
      Wallace
      Harris
      Heppell (bac)

Ruck
      Sandilands
      Jolly
      bench
      J.Tippett (fwd)
      Z.Smith

Forwards
      Reiwoldt
      Didak (mid)
      Budwood
      Pav (mid)
      Knight
      Petrie (ruc)
      Gamble
      bench
      Mzungu
      Richardson
      callinan (mid)
    bench

20. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Nice balance there travo420, a couple of nice premiums, all players on field should score, Nice mix of Rookie bench. I guess if I broke it down I wouldn't consider the Chad as he's not like he used to be in SC and could be ports sub. Carrazzo???? price wise is ok and did start last season pretty good, but fell off. Nice yet what trades are you planning.