first time player RMT please

Discussion in 'RMT' started by PStylez26, Mar 25, 2012.

1. PStylez26

PStylez26 New Member

Hey guys just looking for some feedback or suggestions about my current lineup be brutal i want a decent start to win the office pool :p

DEF
    Scotland, Goddard, Deledio, Birchall, Hargrave, Ellis, Darley (Bugg, Smedts)

MID
    Ablett, Murphy, Priddis, Christensen, Smith, Miles, (McDonald, Magner)

RUCK
    Cox, Kreuzer (Giles, Redden)

FWD
    Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, Saad (Hall, Couch)

2. PStylez26

PStylez26 New Member

oh and i have $36,400 left over

3. Pivotonian

Pivotonian New Member

Not bad. Balance seems pretty good overall although you have quite a few mid-rangers - Hargrave, Christensen, Kreuzer, Dangerfield, Porpoise.

Other initial thoughts:
    - Miles & Darley didn't get picked in the GWS team in Rd 1
    - Saad has some JS issues apparently, so better options may be D Smith or Hampton?
    - Hargrave is interesting - you sort of have a choice in this spot between him, Lake, Clarke, Guthrie and I would probably put Hargrave 4th of those 4 ...
    - Christensen is an interesting pick - how much upside do you think he has over last year?

4. PStylez26

PStylez26 New Member

Thanks for the tips I've made a few last minute changes to the lineup.

I was stuck when choosing a mid range pick for the midfield and I really liked Christensen's performance last year (plus I'm a joeys boy myself so I thought I'd support an old collegian :p), but I'm not too sure if there'll be much improvement though. Do you have any suggestions for a replacement?

5. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

@PStylez,

Darley should not be onfield, if in the team at all.
    Ditto Miles, although he will get games.
    Billie. McD, Couch and Saad are all suspect.

Will be interesting to see if Christensen is selected.

6. Pivotonian

Pivotonian New Member

I'd avoid mid-range picks as much as possible. The problem is that unless you think they will become a true premium by the end of the season - unlikely with Bundy I'd suggest - you're going to have to upgrade them at some point, and you'll get a lot more price rise value out of a total rookie than out of a mid-ranger.

So I'd either upgrade him to a premium if you can afford it, or downgrade to a rookie. Latter option much more feasible if you're going for a league win rather than overall, because you can afford to give away a few points early in the season in the interests of having your team as strong as possible for the finals.

Some popular rookie picks in the midfield that you don't have already include Shiel (GWS), Ledger (St K), Coniglio (GWS), Wingard (PA), D Smith (GWS).

To go to a premium you might need to free up some cash elsewhere, which could be done by converting to a 1-0-3 in the ruck, or going with someone like Mummy rather than Cox at R1, or downgrading Hargrave -> Guthrie/Clarke, or downgrading Dangerfield or Porps in the forward line. The question is whether the points you may lose from one of these moves would be made up by the extra points you would get from a Bartel, NDS, Swan, Selwood, Watson, Rockliff or whoever instead of Christensen ...

Oh, and one other thing - I'm told that even though Couch had a great NAB Cup, he's probably not best 22 yet so might struggle for a game in the absence of major injuries.

7. PStylez26

PStylez26 New Member

Okay I've officially confused myself big time (and I've probably made it worse) but I think I may have come up with a better starting lineup. Thanks for all the input any more advice would be much appreciated.

DEF
    Scotland, Goddard, Deledio, Birchall, Guthrie, Ellis, Bugg (Bower, Smedts)

MID
    Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Priddis, Smith, Shiel (Ledger, Magner)

RUCK
    Cox, Giles (Redden, Rowe)

FWD
    Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, Smith (Hampton, Hall)

$23,300 left over

8. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Good team. No major issues that I can see.

Bower would be the most questionable selection perhaps in my opinion. Reckon you could find a better and cheaper alternative.