Gariwerd Cockatoos

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by anthak, May 4, 2012.

1. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Damn Ant- I hope Trent McKenzie is OK. No luck with us trading backmen to each other so far in 2014 ... between McKenzie and Gibson. Shit.

2. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

chris88 wrote:
    Damn Ant- I hope Trent McKenzie is OK. No luck with us trading backmen to each other so far in 2014 ... between McKenzie and Gibson. Shit. He should be ok mate. Just dislocated his shoulder I think. We won't be taking any risks with him though. We need to prioritise his long term development over any short term gain, so he may miss some games because of that.

3. anthak

Round 8 result We had a big loss to Wagga Wagga, who really outclassed us. We had two late out Matts, in Matt Crouch and Matt Scharenberg, but only had 1 emergency come in to replace them. Kurt Tippett was the lucky one to come in late, for his first game of the season, and he did really well up forward in tandem with Tex Walker, playing his first game for Gariwerd, and they scored 5 goals each! Besides solid performances from Hurn, Gray, Smith and Wallis, they didnt have a lot of help and the Wombats ran out comfortable winners 1489 - 1178. Heres the scores: <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px;D:Hurn (VC) 111, Tuohy 74, BSmith 123, McKenzie 59 <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px;M:Deledio 87, Masten 68, KStevens 78, Polec 46 <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px;R:Curren - oop 60/2=30 <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px;F:RGray 109, Walker 146, Kerridge 44, Scharenberg DNP (Em: KTippett 116) <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px;I:Wallis 87, MCrouch DNP
    <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px;B&F votes: <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px;3 - Taylor Walker <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px;2 - Brodie Smith <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px;1 - Mitch Wallis <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px; <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px;Leaderboard: <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px;8 - Brodie Smith <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px;6 -Adam Cooney,Robbie Gray <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px;5 -Jared Polec <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px;3 - Brett Deledio, Tom Hickey, Cam Guthrie,Matt De Boer, Taylor Walker <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px;2 -Koby Stevens, Harry Cunningham, <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px;1 - Matt Crouch, Chris Masten, Shannon Hurn, Mitch Wallis

4. anthak

Cam Pedersen, who we traded away at the end of last season, has come out in the media with some harsh things to say about the way we handled his performances last season. This insight could have something to do with why his pre-game jitters/anxiety got the better of him more often than not. [url=http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-07/pedersens-stunning-turnaround' target='_blank' rel='nofollowhttp://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-07...[/url Some of his quotes include: <p style='color: #2e2e2e; margin-top: 1em; margin-bottom: 1em;'They said if I didn't pick up my game this year, even though I had a three-year deal, I wouldn't be here' Pedersen toldAFL.com.au. <p style='color: #2e2e2e; margin-top: 1em; margin-bottom: 1em;'They felt they'd been dudded' <p style='color: #2e2e2e; margin-top: 1em; margin-bottom: 1em;'They told me they weren't fussed if I was here or not and said my destiny was in my own hands.'
    Pedersen was delisted by Larrikin Lagoon before the season, but he has been able to pick up his game this season in the AFL with Melbourne FC and was drafted at pick 15 of the ORFFA midseason draft this season by Waikikamoocow to be given another chance. Here are some more quotes about where he is at now: [span style='color: #2e2e2e;'The boys were good about it and it gets forgotten if you work hard.' [span style='color: #2e2e2e;[span style='color: #2e2e2e;'You can gain trust quickly, but you can lose it just as quickly. Hopefully, I've started to change people's perceptions,' Pedersen said.
    [span style='color: #2e2e2e;
    [span style='color: #2e2e2e;

5. anthak

A few other clubs are looking back at the initial ORFFA draft... and we're gonna jump in on the action too. Here's our initial draft selections: 10 - Brett Deledio - still at the club and is now our oldest player. 27 - Matt Priddis - traded away in a deal that involved Bundy Christensen coming to the club 46 - Zac Smith - traded away this most recent pre-season, for a 2nd round PSD pick 63 - Kurt Tippett - still at the club, but has not played a lot 82 - Colin Sylvia - traded this most recent preseason, for a high PSD pick 99 - Shannon Hurn - still at the club 118 - Chris Masten - still at the club 135 - Josh Gibson - traded away in a deal that involved Mark Hutchings coming to the club 154 - Shaun Burgoyne - our innagrual captain. traded this last preseason for a 2nd round PSD pick. 171 - Robbie Gray- still at the club 190 - James Magner - traded to Venus Bay 207 - Angus Monfries - traded in the deal that brought Christensen to the club 226 - Mitch Wallis- still at the club 243 - Mitch Clark - traded in a deal that brought Cam Guthrie to the club 262 - Jared Polec- still at the club 279 - Matt De Boer- still at the club 298 - Alwyn Davey - delisted 315 - Ben Stratton - delisted 334 - James Sellar - delisted 351 - Brodie Smith- still at the club 370 - Koby Stevens- still at the club 387 - Jaspar Pittard - traded a couple of weeks ago during the Mid Season break, in a deal that brought Sam Kerridge to the club 406 - Stephen Milne - delisted 423 - Matt Thomas - delisted 442 - Cale Morton - traded for Nick Lower, who was then delisted 459 - Lachlan Hansen - delisted

So, just 10 players have been with us all the way through.

6. graeme

graeme Guest

[span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;Nice work ant. There are so many different ways to draw up a history, nice to see some individuality. It is clear that the later you start the project the harder it becomes. [span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;
    [span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;Am thinking of a new catchphrase / slogan for the Waikikamoocow Incorrigibles; something like 'putting square pegs in square holes since 2012.'TM

7. anthak

I'm so disappointed that we (Gariwerd) didn't keep sufficient records of the 1st season. I've got no way to know how many games each player played in that year, which means I can't provide career totals etc :( Also, but less significant, we had all of our compiled data (from seasons 2 and 3) in one spot on a laptop that died this weekend. These files are the only ones on the laptop worth worrying about, so I'm not sure it's worth paying $$ to retrieve the data. I'm gonna have to get our admin people to go back through this thread to compile it all again I think.

8. anthak

Round 9 (AFL round 12);6/6 - 9/6.Fellowship Round. <p >Gariwerd Round 9 OUT: McKenzie (Shoulder - rested), Curren (dropped) IN: Guthrie, KMitchell, Hutchings D: Hurn (VC) 75, Tuohy 43, BSmith 98, Guthrie 103 (LRussell) M: Deledio 68, Masten 64, KStevens (C) 67, Polec 99 (Cunningham) R: KMitchell - oop 70/2=35 F: KTippett 41, RGray 140, TWalker 47, Kerridge 43 (Casboult) I: Hutchings 94, Wallis 51 (Toumpas) We lost to Darraweit Guim 1068 - 1261 :( <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px;B&F votes: <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px;3 - Robbie Gray <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px;2 - Kane Mitchell <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px;1 - Cam Guthrie <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px; <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px;Leaderboard: <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px;9 - Robbie Gray <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px;8 - Brodie Smith <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px;6 -Adam Cooney
    <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px;5 -Jared Polec <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px;4 - Cam Guthrie <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px;3 - Brett Deledio, Tom Hickey,Matt De Boer, Taylor Walker <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px;2 -Koby Stevens, Harry Cunningham, Kane Mitchell
    <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px;1 - Matt Crouch, Chris Masten, Shannon Hurn, Mitch Wallis

9. anthak

ANNOUNCEMENT We have moved our home game for Round 10 to the Central Broward Cricket Ground in Florida, USA. Here's a memo we sent the opposition about it, which will provide further details:
    anthak wrote:
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;Round 10 (AFL round 13);13/6 - 15/6. International Players Appreciation Round.
    <div><strong style='background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);
    [/b] Hey P'rap, sorry for the late notice, but we (Gariwerd) have decided to move our home game this round.
    Given this round is in honour of international players and the NBA Finals are on, we are moving the game to the Central Broward Cricket Ground (the CBCG), the home of the mighty Fighting Squids! We hope to promote the game, riding on the theme of the round, but also use the opportunity to do some scouting (the Birdman or the Big Fundamental would probably fit in nicely in the ruck for Gariwerd at the moment).
    The Squids are the South Florida Aussie Rules team and they have agreed to arrange accommodation for both teams and are allowing us to use the ground for the ORFFA match, and they have even organised a private jet to fly both teams over to there. The best part is though that they have arranged tickets for all of us to Game 4 on Thursday night. This is Friday morning our time, so we still have enough time to get there. We leave tomorrow. We'll pick you up from Powlett on the way through.

10. anthak

anthak wrote:
    ANNOUNCEMENT We have moved our home game for Round 10 to the Central Broward Cricket Ground in Florida, USA. Here's a memo we sent the opposition about it, which will provide further details:
    anthak wrote:
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;Round 10 (AFL round 13); 13/6 - 15/6. International Players Appreciation Round.
    <div><strong style='background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);
    [/b] Hey P'rap, sorry for the late notice, but we (Gariwerd) have decided to move our home game this round.
    Given this round is in honour of international players and the NBA Finals are on, we are moving the game to the Central Broward Cricket Ground (the CBCG), the home of the mighty Fighting Squids! We hope to promote the game, riding on the theme of the round, but also use the opportunity to do some scouting (the Birdman or the Big Fundamental would probably fit in nicely in the ruck for Gariwerd at the moment).
    The Squids are the South Florida Aussie Rules team and they have agreed to arrange accommodation for both teams and are allowing us to use the ground for the ORFFA match, and they have even organised a private jet to fly both teams over to there. The best part is though that they have arranged tickets for all of us to Game 4 on Thursday night. This is Friday morning our time, so we still have enough time to get there. We leave tomorrow. We'll pick you up from Powlett on the way through.
    anthak wrote:
    Gariwerd and Powlett Plains have arrived in Miami just now. It's Thursday morning local time. We're gonna do some scouting for international talent at a basketball game onhere tonight. There's a few guys we've got our eye on for Gariwerd's ruck spot. We're playing our ORFFA game here and then travelling to Texas to watch another game of hoops on Sunday night.
    Prap wrote:
    anthak wrote:
    Gariwerd and Powlett Plains have arrived in Miami just now. It's Thursday morning local time. We're gonna do some scouting for international talent at a basketball game on here tonight. There's a few guys we've got our eye on for Gariwerd's ruck spot. We're playing our ORFFA game here and then travelling to Texas to watch another game of hoops on Sunday night. I'm in pretty serious discussions with Justin Hamilton.
    anthak wrote:
    Gariwerd: D: Hurn (VC), BSmith, TMcKenzie, Guthrie (Tuohy) M: Deledio, Masten, KStevens (C), Hutchings (Cunningham) R: KMitchell F: RGray, TWalker, Casboult, Kerridge (De Boer) I: Wallis, MCrouch (Russell) I havent got a lot of time to write much, but I want to say that we had a great time at the bball! Those Spurs are playing lights out atm!
    These are the changes for this round: IN: Tuohy, Crouch, Casboult OUT: McKenzie, Polec, Tippett

11. anthak

anthak wrote:
    In other news, Gariwerd have broken through for their 2nd win of the season! The game was played in a thunderstorm and hot weather over here in Florida. After the game, both teams travelled together to Texas. It is now Sunday morning, local time, and we're getting ready to go watch a massive Game 5 tonight at San Antonio's AT&T Centre. We can't wait.
    We won 1209 - 1080 D: Hurn (VC) 157, Smith 133, McKenzie 86, Guthrie 61 M: Deledio 80, Masten 60, Stevens (C) 84, Hutchings 71 R: KMitchell 68/2= 34 F: Gray 93, Walker 72, Casboult 84, Kerridge 55 I: Wallis 82, Crouch 57
    B&F votes:
    3 - Shannon Hurn - Cant go past a score of 150+ for max votes. Really set up the win.
    2 - Levi Casboult - 4 goals in what is possibly/hopefully a breakout game for him
    1 - Sam Kerridge - 4 goals, just 55 pts, but worth a vote

Leaderboard:
    9 -[span style='background: transparent;Robbie Gray
    8 -Brodie Smith
    6 -[span style='background: transparent;Adam Cooney

[span style='background: transparent;5 -Jared Polec
    4 - Cam Guthrie,Shannon Hurn
    3 - Brett Deledio, Tom Hickey,[span style='background: transparent;Matt De Boer, Taylor Walker
    2 -[span style='background: transparent;Koby Stevens, Harry Cunningham, Kane Mitchell, Levi Casboult

1 - Matt Crouch, Chris Masten, Mitch Wallis, Sam Kerridge

Now, we're off to watch another basketball game, this time in Texas.

12. anthak

wow, I'm so happy we decided to shift our round 10 game over to the US so that we could watch the basketball. We've just seen the Spurs win the Championship in Game 5 on their home court, and Indigenous Australian Patty Mills played a really huge part in the win. Its so great to see him contributing so much as a regular in the rotation for them. This is the best highlights package Ive found of his contribution in Game 5:[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo7_TfFCCQk&feature=youtu.be' target='_blank' rel='nofollowhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo7_Tf...[/url Now, we still have plenty of time to head back to Australia to get ready for winter solstice.

13. anthak

<strong style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;Round 11[/b][span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;(AFL round 14);[span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;20/6 -22/6.Winter Solstice Round.vLovely Banks
    [span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;
    [span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;Back to back wins for Gariwerd for the first time all season! [span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;
    [span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;We started off the day, with all the team and officials meeting up at 6am for a bonfire on the oval. We then all took turns walking through a pre set up spiral in the centre circle, in and out, each with a lantern in hand. Once out of the spiral, we all walked down to the waterhole with our lanterns and watched the sun rise over the water. It was a special morning and set us up for a good day. [span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;
    [span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;Here's a pic of the bonfire after sunrise: [span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;[​IMG]

14. anthak

<strong style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;Round 12[/b][span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;(AFL round 15);[span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;27/6 - 29/6.Comeuppance Cup / Schadenfreude Shield.vCradle Mountain
    [span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;
    Another home game! Our 3rd in a row, although we shifted the first of the 3 to America. This game is against Cradle Mountain and we are gunning for our 3rd win on the trot.
    Here's our lineup:
    IN: Harry Cunningham, Kurt Tippett OUT: Kane Mitchell (unlucky), Sam Kerridge

D: Hurn (VC), BSmith, TMcKenzie, Guthrie (Tuohy)
    M: Masten, KStevens (C), Hutchings, Polec (KMitchell)
    R: Cunningham - oop
    F: KTippett, RGray, TWalker, Casboult (Kerridge)
    I: Deledio, Christensen (Wallis)

15. anthak

I'm a bit behind in the updates, so I'll try to catch up now... Our winning streak stopped at 2 after a decent loss in Round 12 against Cradle Mountain :( 1363 - 1054. Here's how they scored: <table cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc; <td colspan='2' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; <table cellspacing='10' style='margin-bottom: 10px; Def: [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HDef1_8Shannon Hurn [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HDefScore1_873 [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HDef2_8Brodie SMITH [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HDefScore2_832 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89;[span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HDefB1_8Zach TUOHY [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HDefScoreB1_80
    [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HDef3_8Trent MCKENZIE [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HDefScore3_882 [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HDef4_8Cameron GUTHRIE [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HDefScore4_854 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89; [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HDefScoreB2_80
    Mid: [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HMid1_8Chris Masten [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HMidScore1_872 [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HMid2_8Koby STEVENS [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HMidScore2_895 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89;[span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HMidB1_8Kane Mitchell [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HMidScoreB1_80
    [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HMid3_8Mark HUTCHINGS [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HMidScore3_872 [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HMid4_8Jared POLEC [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HMidScore4_870 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89; [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HMidScoreB2_80
    Ruc: [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HRuc1_8Harry Cunningham [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HRucScore1_835 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89; [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HRucScoreB1_80

Fwd: [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HFwd1_8Kurt Tippett [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HFwdScore1_870 [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HFwd2_8Robbie Gray [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HFwdScore2_889 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89;[span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HFwdB1_8Sam Kerridge [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HFwdScoreB1_80
    [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HFwd3_8Taylor Walker [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HFwdScore3_869 [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HFwd4_8Levi CASBOULT [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HFwdScore4_881 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89; [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HFwdScoreB2_80
    Int: [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HInt1_8Brett Deledio [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HIntScore1_8116 [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HInt2_8Allan CHRISTENSEN [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HIntScore2_865 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89;[span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HIntB1_8Mitch WALLIS [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_HIntScoreB1_80

And here are the b&f votes: <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;3 - Brett Deledio - the only player to score in triple figures. <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;2 - Koby Stevens - The Captain fought hard and set a good example. <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;1 - Levi Casboult - Beginning to hit his straps. <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff; <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;Leaderboard: <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;9 -Robbie Gray,[span style='background: #ffffff;Brodie Smith <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;6 -Adam Cooney,[span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;Brett Deledio
    <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;5 -Jared Polec <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;4 - Cam Guthrie,Shannon Hurn,[span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;Koby Stevens <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;3 - Tom Hickey,Matt De Boer, Taylor Walker, Trent McKenzie,[span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;Levi Casboult <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;2 -Harry Cunningham, Kane Mitchell, Allen Christensen
    <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;1 - Matt Crouch, Chris Masten, Mitch Wallis, Sam Kerridge <div>

16. anthak

<strong style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;Round 13[/b][span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;(AFL round 16);[span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;4/7 - 6/7.Walesy Appreciation Round.<strong style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;@Mount Beauty[/b]
    <strong style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;
    [/b] <strong style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;
    [/b] Out: Mark Hutchings, Harry Cunningham In: Kane Mitchell, Tom Hickey

<table cellspacing='10' style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc; Def: Shannon Hurn 74 Brodie SMITH 81 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89;Zach TUOHY 0
    Trent MCKENZIE 74 Cameron GUTHRIE 100 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89; 0
    Mid: Chris Masten 62 Koby STEVENS 63 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89;Harry Cunningham 35
    Jared POLEC 95 Kane Mitchell 82 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89; 0
    Ruc: Tom HICKEY 0 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89;Mark HUTCHINGS 36

Fwd: Kurt Tippett 0 Robbie Gray 114 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89; 0
    Taylor Walker 69 Levi CASBOULT 81 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89; 0
    Int: Brett Deledio 89 Allan CHRISTENSEN 79 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89;Mitch WALLIS 0

We had a couple of late withdrawals, in Tom Hickey and Kurt Tippett, and in some sort of lucky fortune, we managed to have two players come in to replace them, both out of position, and both were the players who were dropped for this round. We lost to Mt Beauty 1258 - 1109

<p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;B&F votes: <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;3 - Jared Polec - Impressive game. <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;2 - Cam Guthrie - Solid. <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;1 - Robbie Gray - Having a great season, and this vote moves him to the outright lead. <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff; <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;Leaderboard: <div> <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;10 -Robbie Gray, <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;[span style='background: #ffffff;9 - Brodie Smith <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;[span style='background: #ffffff;8 -[span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;Jared Polec <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;6 -Adam Cooney,[span style='background: #ffffff;Brett Deledio,[span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;Cam Guthrie <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;4 - Shannon Hurn,[span style='background: #ffffff;Koby Stevens <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;3 - Tom Hickey,Matt De Boer, Taylor Walker, Trent McKenzie,[span style='background: #ffffff;Levi Casboult <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;2 -Harry Cunningham, Kane Mitchell, Allen Christensen
    <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;1 - Matt Crouch, Chris Masten, Mitch Wallis, Sam Kerridge <div>

17. anthak

<strong style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;Round 14[/b][span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;(AFL round 17);11/7 - 13/7[span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;.NAIDOC Round.<strong style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;vGundagai[/b]
    Out: Trent McKenzie, Harry Cunningham In: Zach Tuohy, Tom Hickey <table cellspacing='10' style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc; Def: Shannon Hurn 84 Zach TUOHY 54 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89;Luke RUSSELL 0
    Brodie SMITH 100 Cameron GUTHRIE 66 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89; 0
    Mid: Chris Masten 91 Koby STEVENS 78 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89;Harry Cunningham 0
    Mark HUTCHINGS 68 Jared POLEC 64 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89; 0
    Ruc: Tom HICKEY 73 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89; 0

Fwd: Robbie Gray 77 Taylor Walker 59 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89;Mitch WALLIS 0
    Levi CASBOULT 81 Kane Mitchell 12 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89; 0
    Int: Brett Deledio 112 Allan CHRISTENSEN 82 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89;Thomas CURREN 0

Back at home, and we've had a big win against perennial wooden spooners, the Gundagai Grasshoppers, 1074 - 984. <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;B&F votes: <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;3 - Brett Deledio - Getting back into the sort of form that won him the club b&f in 2012. <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;2 - Tom Hickey - Was good to have a ruck. <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;1 - Brodie Smith - Break out season continues. <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff; <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;Leaderboard:
    background: #ffffff; <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;10 -Robbie Gray,[span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;Brodie Smith <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;[span style='background: #ffffff;9 - [span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;Brett Deledio <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;[span style='background: #ffffff;8 -[span style='background: #ffffff;Jared Polec <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;6 -Adam Cooney[span style='background: #ffffff;,[span style='background: #ffffff;Cam Guthrie <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;[span style='background: #ffffff;5 -[span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;Tom Hickey <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;4 -Shannon Hurn,[span style='background: #ffffff;Koby Stevens <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;3 - Matt De Boer, Taylor Walker, Trent McKenzie,[span style='background: #ffffff;Levi Casboult <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;2 -Harry Cunningham, Kane Mitchell, Allen Christensen
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;1 - Matt Crouch, Chris Masten, Mitch Wallis, Sam Kerridge

18. anthak

<strong style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;Round 15[/b][span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;(AFL round 18);[span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;18/7 - 27/7.Bleak Week.<strong style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;@Larrikin Lagoon[/b] Out: Zach Tuohy, Tom Hickey, Kane Mitchell, Allen Christensen In: Luke Russell, Matt Crouch, Kurt Tippett, Mitch Wallis <table cellspacing='10' style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc; Def: Shannon Hurn 107 Brodie SMITH 144 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89;Zach TUOHY 0
    Luke RUSSELL 34 Cameron GUTHRIE 99 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89; 0
    Mid: Chris Masten 90 Koby STEVENS 58 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89; 0
    Mark HUTCHINGS 96 Jared POLEC 42 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89; 0
    Ruc: Matt Crouch 0 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89;Harry Cunningham 17

Fwd: Kurt Tippett 69 Robbie Gray 134 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89;Matthew Deboer 0
    Taylor Walker 98 Levi CASBOULT 81 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89; 0
    Int: Brett Deledio 106 Mitch WALLIS 72 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89;Thomas CURREN 0

For the second time this season, we've managed back to back wins, with an impressive victory over the Lefties, 1195 - 942 <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;B&F votes: <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;3 - Brodie Smith - Huge game. <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;2 - Robbie Gray - Almost as important as Brodie. <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;1 - Brett Deledio - Stepping up. <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff; <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;Leaderboard:
    background: #ffffff; <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;13 -[span style='background: #ffffff;Brodie Smith <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;[span style='background: #ffffff;12 -[span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;Robbie Gray <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;[span style='background: #ffffff;10 -[span style='background: #ffffff;Brett Deledio <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;[span style='background: #ffffff;8 -[span style='background: #ffffff;Jared Polec <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;6 -Adam Cooney[span style='background: #ffffff;,[span style='background: #ffffff;Cam Guthrie <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;[span style='background: #ffffff;5 -[span style='background: #ffffff;Tom Hickey <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;4 -Shannon Hurn,[span style='background: #ffffff;Koby Stevens <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;3 -Matt De Boer, Taylor Walker, Trent McKenzie,[span style='background: #ffffff;Levi Casboult <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;2 -Harry Cunningham, Kane Mitchell, Allen Christensen
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;1 - Matt Crouch, Chris Masten, Mitch Wallis, Sam Kerridge <div>

19. anthak

After a few recent wins, with 2 rounds left now for the season, we are actually still a chance to make the finals! We were in this position last season, and fired up big time, so we are hoping that experience will hold us in good stead and we aim to finish the season strongly again this year too.
    anthak wrote:
    Round 16 (AFL round 19);31/7 - 3/8.Chelsea Roffey Appreciation Round.
    Waikikamoocow can once again host Chelsea as they will host Whitsunday in NZ for this round.
    Charlie's Opening vDarraweit Guim
    Nunnawading vPowlett Plains
    Wagga Wagga vMount Beauty
    Lovely Banks vFoul Bay
    Birdsville vLarrikin Lagoon
    Gundagai vCradle Mountain
    Venus Bay vGariwerd
    Marble Bar vIron Knob
    Waikikamoocow vWhitsunday
    2 games to go.
    The top 7 teams are safely entrenched in the top 8. The top 6 of thoise are clearly the form sides of the comp, with only 2 other teams winning more than theyve lost over the last 5 games.
    Teams 8 through to 13 can all technically still make it into that 8th spot at seasons end. Here's the run home.
    All teams can finish as high as 8th & as low as 13th, some can finish lower; and total points scored will likely have an influence.
    8th - Birdsville - 7-8; vLarrikin Lagoon & @ Powlett Plains; Both games against lowly opposition. Will probably finish around 8th

9th - Whitsunday - 7-8; @ Waikikamoocow & @ Gariwerd; Both games away from home. Will probably finish around 9th.

10th - Lovely Banks - 7-8; vFoul Bay & @ Darraweit Guim; Tough draw! Will probably finish around 12th

11th - Venus Bay - 6-9; vGariwerd & @ Foul Bay; Should prob go 1 and 1. Will probably finish around 10th

12th - Nunawading - 6-9; vPowlett Plains & vWagga Wagga; Both games at home. Will probably finish around 11th

13th - Gariwerd - 5-10; @ Venus Bay & vWhitsunday; Poor 'points for' means realistically no chance. Will probably finish around 14th.

20. anthak

<strong style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;Round 16[/b][span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;(AFL round 19);[span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;31/7 - 3/8.Chelsea Roffey Appreciation Round.<strong style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;@Venus Bay[/b]
    Out: Luke Russell, Levi Casboult, Mitch Wallis In: Trent McKenzie, Allen Christensen, Sam Kerridge <table cellspacing='10' style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc; Def: [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_ADef1_6Shannon Hurn [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_ADefScore1_689 [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_ADef2_6Brodie SMITH [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_ADefScore2_682 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89;[span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_ADefB1_6Zach TUOHY [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_ADefScoreB1_60
    [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_ADef3_6Trent MCKENZIE [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_ADefScore3_671 [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_ADef4_6Cameron GUTHRIE [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_ADefScore4_694 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89; [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_ADefScoreB2_60
    Mid: [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_AMid1_6Chris Masten [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_AMidScore1_6102 [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_AMid2_6Allan CHRISTENSEN [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_AMidScore2_6113 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89;[span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_AMidB1_6Matthew Deboer [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_AMidScoreB1_60
    [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_AMid3_6Mark HUTCHINGS [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_AMidScore3_689 [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_AMid4_6Jared POLEC [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_AMidScore4_671 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89; [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_AMidScoreB2_60
    Ruc: [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_ARuc1_6Koby STEVENS [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_ARucScore1_65 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89; [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_ARucScoreB1_60

Fwd: [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_AFwd1_6Kurt Tippett [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_AFwdScore1_644 [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_AFwd2_6Robbie Gray [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_AFwdScore2_649 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89;[span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_AFwdB1_6Levi CASBOULT [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_AFwdScoreB1_681
    [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_AFwd3_6Taylor Walker [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_AFwdScore3_691 [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_AFwd4_6Sam Kerridge [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_AFwdScore4_60 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89; [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_AFwdScoreB2_60
    Int: [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_AInt1_6Brett Deledio [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_AIntScore1_6132 [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_AInt2_6Harry Cunningham [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_AIntScore2_666 <td class='Emergency' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: #f3ff89;[span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_AIntB1_6Matthew WATSON [span id='dnn_ctr718_View_rptFixture_AIntScoreB1_60

Unfortunately we were not able to keep our winning streak going, and we can no longer make the finals this season, after losing 1276 - 1179 at Venus Bay. Casboult was dropped, but then came in late for Sam Kerridge who was a late withdrawal. After Harry Cunningham was terrible in the ruck last week, our Captain Koby Stevens put his hand up to Ruck for the rest of the season, but he was clearly well out of his depth and he could only manage a score of 5! Brett Deledio was BoG in this game, which moved him up into equal 1st in the B&F with just 1 game to go. Any of Lids, Brodie Smith and Robbie Gray can still win this year's medal and it will be really interesting to see how they go next round! <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;B&F votes: <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;3 - [span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;Brett Deledio - Its so encouraging to see Brett continue his good form. <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;2 - Allen Christensen - Excellent first game back in the side. <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;1 - Levi Casboult - Made a statement after being dropped and then coming back in late. <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff; <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;Leaderboard:
    background: #ffffff; <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;13 -[span style='background: #ffffff;Brodie Smith,[span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;Brett Deledio <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;[span style='background: #ffffff;12 -[span style='background: #ffffff;Robbie Gray <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;[span style='background: #ffffff;8 -[span style='background: #ffffff;Jared Polec <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;6 -Adam Cooney[span style='background: #ffffff;,[span style='background: #ffffff;Cam Guthrie <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;[span style='background: #ffffff;5 -[span style='background: #ffffff;Tom Hickey <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;4 -Shannon Hurn,[span style='background: #ffffff;Koby Stevens[span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;, Allen Christensen[span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;,[span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;Levi Casboult <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;3 -Matt De Boer, Taylor Walker, Trent McKenzie <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;2 -Harry Cunningham, Kane Mitchell
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; background: #ffffff;1 - Matt Crouch, Chris Masten, Mitch Wallis, Sam Kerridge