GC Rookies Vs Rd 1 Rookie Stars.....

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Simonoz, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Quiche

Quiche New Member

Nice summary Spud.

Any thoughts on Duigan vs Stanley?

2. spud

spud New Member

I'll get back to you on that one as I haven't figured it out myself yet :)

I want to know exactly where Stanley will line up for the GC. While he's listed as a defender in SC, he has been named a few times as a forward and I'm not sure how often the ball will be down that end.

Both had decent NAB runs as well.
    Dilemma dilemma

3. bfish

bfish New Member

I'm thinking Stanley. You can look at it in terms of if the ball is not in the GC forward line Duigan will not be required much. Stanley has the potential to be thrown about and may be used in the middle if things are not going to plan.
    Toy may be an option if you have him. He may get plenty of the ball and rack up the points with some rebound 50's and long kicks out of defence.

4. eagles2011

eagles2011 New Member

I'm going with most of mine, not gonna play games trying to pick the one or two that might do OK. Suns should be competitve in their first game out and get a decent share of the points. I'm going with Stanley and Matera (who should both play high HF and get a bit of run through the guts) & Harris who should find plenty of the ball with all the attention on GAJ & Rischa. Dixon and Smith on the bench.

5. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

Hmmm. Backline I will be tossing up between Lower, Duigan and Toy. One of them has to miss out.
    That could be tough. Lower was good last week, but Duigan is up against the inexperienced GC. I'm really not sure which 2 players I will pick for my back this week.

Midfield, I think Swallow and Harris will come in, but which two should I bring out between Heppell, Conca and Bewick. Bewick most like, but between Heppell and Conca? Probably Conca and Bewick may be the ones to make way for Swallow and Harris.

I only have Matera from GC in my forwards, and I'm not sure I want to take Tapscott out yet, so I may keep Matera on the bench.

6. Corks

Corks Member

Stanley for Otten Toy emerg. Duigan and Lower stay in.
    Swallow and Harris for Bewick and Libba.
    Matera emerg, still deciding Richo vs Darling. No way any of them would replace Tapscott imo.

Looks like Doctor Smith will play. Hopefully I really do have an R3.

7. snoz

snoz Moderator

Oi there Spudley....hows trix mate!

Nice write up, agree with nearly all and helped formulate my 'guesses'

I'd lean Stanley over Duigan...just gets more of the pill. I think Dui is the perfect, slow moo down back that will have a perma E next to his name in the first half of the season.

I'd be wary of those wanting Libba on field...his 1st Q was lights out, but IMO was found wanting for the remainder of that match.

For me down fwd, its Darling/Tappy Vs Big Charlie/Matera...Spud may have convinced me to leave Jack on the field, and Tappy is a safer choice over the unknown role of Matera.

Mids...I think Swallow/Harris over most except Hepp if you have him there...

8. damnfunky

damnfunky New Member

my choice is between harris or swallow...hmmm

9. Smarch

Smarch Member

With all the talk about GC being competitive there is a reason they signed their AFL players in defence and midfield, as that's where most of the ball will be.

For me I will be taking stanley over duigan, especially as I am a Carlton supporter and think the ball will be in our forward line more often.

One thing mentioned today in Judd's interview about his 200 is that of the 6 new teams who have netered the AFL in the past, 5 have won their first game, I do not want it to be 6 from 7, but does give you something else to consider.

I will also take Harris over Swallow in the mids and have Matera as my emergency up front.

10. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

Happy to sit & watch, Irons & Savage to start if named. Play Harris only if Selwood is out...?? Atley/Conca (emerg) Have $60K waiting to pick up Swallow if he can trsf ability into pts over his 1st two games.
    Duigan stays & Heppell who was on bench (ouch!) on for Ottens. Hunt to remain on pine as a (very) slow burner. Either Guthrie or Hunt as emerg.
    I think Carlton will go very hard at this new team & I can't see them ready for the 4 pt game intensity that will come their way.
    Happy to use GC rookies as downgrade targets further along the track if they can perform. Will be very interesting to see how they score against the great crop of rookies, already seen in Rd1.

11. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

I'm gunna knock up a post on this today, but as a starting place, the ticker should be a very good place to look.

12. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Starting: Lower, Heppell, Stanley
    Bench: Ottens, Duigan, Smith

Starting: Conca, Swallow
    Bench: Harris, Atley, Hibberd (Harris on if Selwood not playing)

Starting: Krakouer, Darling, Tapscott
    Bench: Knights, Richardson, Matera

13. crew

crew New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Lucas on March 29, 2011, 10:25
    Stanley in for Otten (bye), Toy/Coad still behind Duigan and Lower in the pecking order for mine
    Swallow in for Bewick
    Harris on standby for Selwood
    Darling in for Richardson
    Matera into emergency</blockquote>
    Just the menu for me except Hepwell gets a gig over Duigan and GC rookies have to earn their stripes

14. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

<blockquote>Quote from port_leschenault on March 31, 2011, 03:05
    Starting: Lower, Heppell, Stanley
    Bench: Ottens, Duigan, Smith

Starting: Conca, Swallow
    Bench: Harris, Atley, Hibberd (Harris on if Selwood not playing)

Starting: Krakouer, Darling, Tapscott
    Bench: Knights, Richardson, Matera</blockquote>

Starting Conca over Harris? Interesting choice...

15. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

@Simonoz,

Harris and Swallow subject to Murphy's Law?
    Think about that.

16. Tigerman

Tigerman New Member

Ok - my final dilemma is fwds: Pick two out of Tapscott, Darling and Matera...???

17. snoz

snoz Moderator

..........I'm thinking, but it kinda hurts

18. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Tapscott and Darling

19. Tigerman

Tigerman New Member

Thanks Nick. As all TS fans would know, this one kept me up all night and I lost all sense of perspective. I'm going with Tapscott and Darling.

20. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

Yeah Tigerman, I would stick with Tapscott and Darling. Seems Tapscott is going to be a beast and Darling looks like he can get pretty good scores.

Having quite the dilemma with my midfield, with swapping between Swallow, Harris and Libba or keep Foley in. Not too sure how Foley has recovered from his illness. Still haven't made up my mind yet. Be down to the wire.