Geelong V Port Challenge

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Benny, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

I am the most diehard Port supporter around here but I have not got any Port players in either my SC or DT teams. Irons is a possible if they upgrade him onto the main list in place of Lobbe but I am not sure he will break into the final 22 for round 1.

Harlett would be a lock for my SC side if I knew he was going to play week in week out. This guy is a gun and he is the Rolls Royce of our midfield but he needs to finally get over his soft tissue injuries.

Looks like Redden will have to bide his time in the SANFL as Port will employ a makeshift ruckman to help Brogan, e.g Stewart. Although personally I would rather keep Stewart at CHF and let him roam around the forward lines. He is going to be great player for us in a few years time. Just needs to get more consistent with his efforts and build up his body a bit more.

There have been a few disappointments this preseason. Marlon Motlop has shown nothing and I still don't know why he is still on our list. Chappy is still a worry in the backlines, turns the ball over too much through simple brain fades. I rate Chappy as a player but if he wants to be one of the best defenders in the league he has to iron out these simple mistakes.

2. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

@ Steve
    Interesting to note Hartlett has every chance to put those injury issues behind him now that he's found out that the main cause for all these hamstring problems etc have been a result of a bulged disc in the lumbar region, and has taken the step of having an epidural to help ease the inflammation this is causing.
    I know exactly how he feels considering i've got 3 bulging lumbar discs, and it certainly does cause alot of pain and creates extra load on leg muscles due to a change in gait and stance to try and ease the lower back pain!
    Hopefully by opting for the epidural treatment, Harts can get out on the park and prove to the league why he's so highly regarded!!!
    As for being the "most die-hard Port supporter here" Steve, I honestly thought that was all us Port fans - it's in the blood and in the heart and soul, isn't it??? :)

3. eckie79

eckie79 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Bearfly on March 5, 2011, 21:19

More fool them if they leave Boak out of their SC or DT teams Terry, he looks primed for a big season - not to mention a few of the others i referred to above - but if they avoid picking our boys good, could be a couple of POD's in there!!!</blockquote>

Although I totally agree with you, I don't actually have him in my team... yet...although I am strongly contemplating bringing him in and dropping out someone more expensive, and spending my money elsewhere, or banking it for later on.

Decisions, descisions...

4. eckie79

eckie79 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Bearfly on March 6, 2011, 12:59
    @ Steve
    As for being the "most die-hard Port supporter here" Steve, I honestly thought that was all us Port fans - it's in the blood and in the heart and soul, isn't it??? :)</blockquote>

so true!

5. Bearfly

@ eckie79
    @ Steve

Don't know if you fellas know about the Live Draft leagues on FantasyFooty.net.au???
    Have got a league open at the moment and looking for some quality players to join (preferably a couple more Port supporters to show the rest what we're made of)!!!
    It's set up as a Keeper League, so it'll roll on season after season - if you're interested let me know

6. eckie79

eckie79 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Bearfly on March 6, 2011, 13:21
    @ eckie79
    @ Steve

Don't know if you fellas know about the Live Draft leagues on FantasyFooty.net.au???
    Have got a league open at the moment and looking for some quality players to join (preferably a couple more Port supporters to show the rest what we're made of)!!!
    It's set up as a Keeper League, so it'll roll on season after season - if you're interested let me know</blockquote>

I have played a few seasons on fantasyfooty.net.au before...don't know if I have that much time to sit there and select all my preferences etc...having said that, give me the details and I'll be more than happy to think about it. Although, I guess I had better make up my mind sooner rather than later! :D

7. Bearfly

@ eckie79

League name is TS Legends KL - password is 12legends
    Am looking at some time after NAB GF to hold the draft, and will probably have a quick draft like i'm about to have in my other league - one evening over a couple of hours, 2 minute limit for selections.
    A few details are posted on the league news

8. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

@Steve

Look harder, look closer.

9. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

I think Boak is a nice pick

10. Bearfly

<blockquote>Quote from FunkSoulBrother on March 6, 2011, 22:51
    I think Boak is a nice pick</blockquote>

Boak's all Class m8 :) and he'll show that this year!!!
    In just 2 games this pre-season he has shown his class and skill with high disposal counts, multiple clearances, and many I50's - yet still hasn't played alot of minutes to rack up those numbers (50&#37; game time against Tigers, and 70-75&#37; against cats) - this shows how valuable he'll be this season
    I know alot of people don't rate Port as a team or our players, but many people are in for a surprise!!!

11. Hendy

Hendy Member

Hey Port fans, what are your thoughts on R Gray. I have had him in my team all pre-season, because i think he is close to a breakout year... Am i one year to soon?

12. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Haha one year too late I reckon after the buildup he got on this site last year.

Fit, he's a chance of getting 100ppg average

I don't trust his fitness, and I'm not convinced about Port. Middling formline.

13. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

@Hendy

Gray has been over-priced and under-performed for some time and has become a 'special moments' player. Very handy for Port, but not for SC. He missed quite a few sitters on the weekend. One day he will become a solid forward option when a whole bunch of circumstances (incl. injury) come good for him and this may be coupled with more time in the midfield. Don't think anyone knows when that day will be, but if Port have a good year Gray's confidence will rise.

@Rommel
    Already honing the mind games I see! In the post on the weekend roundup we see interest in the Power, while here we are not convinced about Port. Amazing what a good night's sleep can do.