Giro D'Italia 2014

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by port_leschenault, May 5, 2014.

1. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Hey all!

Giro time is here again. The first of the Grand Tours and almost always the best parcours and racing.

Not been following cycling as closely as other years but know there's a bumper field for this edition despite no Porte!

Loads of Colombians up against 'our' Cadel as well as Purito and a host of other challengers.

VELOGAMES

http://www.velogames.com/

TS LEAGUE Code: 05010844

Those that played before know the drill.

For those that don't, it's a set and forget game. Just choose a team within budget before the race and watch it score points throughout the race.

Any questions don't hesitate to ask!

My give a little preview once I look over the lists and have enough time.

For now, good sites for information and news:

http://procyclingstats.com/
    http://www.cqranking.com/

(databases with all the results you need. PCS even has extra info added on)

steephill.tv
    (streams and race info)

cyclingnews.com
    velonews.com
    velonation.com
    sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/
    eurosport.yahoo.com/cycling/

2. graeme

graeme Guest

thanks for setting this up Port, looks like a terrific course.

3. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

Thanks again P_L for setting this up. I've joined in to get towed along at the back of the peloton!

4. port_leschenault

10 teams in now, including some regulars! Good luck all.

5. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I would almost have been better off not entering a team, I threw one together in 3 minutes and was to come back to it, but missed the cut-off...

6. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Guest

Hear hear, the Friday start almost got me as well. It did safe me from a few more team iterations though.

7. graeme

graeme Guest

Kittel abandons and a stage neutralised - it's never dull at the Giro. Have had a quick look at the teams and a lot of different strategies. Much too early to forecast how it will pan out, but happy with Uran, Purito and Quintana with a selection of cut price other riders.

8. graeme

graeme Guest

wow what a result in our comp! Final scores: <p class='tablesorter-header-inner]Nick[span class='Apple-tab-span' style='white-space: pre;] 6467 <p class='tablesorter-header-inner]Cameron[span class='Apple-tab-span' style='white-space: pre;] 6457 <p class='tablesorter-header-inner]Jodie[span class='Apple-tab-span' style='white-space: pre;] 6439 <p class='tablesorter-header-inner] <p class='tablesorter-header-inner]well done - I see that another game is planned to run on the Dauphine. That should be an excellent prelude to planning for the TdeF. Is anybody up for that?

9. port_leschenault

Yeah wow, that was a close one! Surprised because with JRod I had a great big hole in my team. Bridesmaid once again but not to Jodie this time! Congrats Nick. Tour only 3 weeks away, getting close! (but we may all be distracted too)

10. port_leschenault

For the Dauphine run tomorrow night if anyone still has the bug and can't wait til Le Tour: League Name: TooSerious
    League Code: 07062210

11. graeme

graeme Guest

I have still got the bug and relish another chance to test a strategy before the big one - thanks Cam for setting this up. Hopefully velogames will have emailed everyone that the game is on.