Go Dogs!

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Jason, Sep 17, 2016.

By Jason on Sep 17, 2016 at 1:02 AM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

:D

• Like Like x 3

Comments

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Jason, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Len
      Len
      Plenty of category 1 and 2 seats available, was pretty much always going to be the case.
      Shame the website gremlins caused oversell on so many purchses as more people would have been able to get the cheaper seats at the right price.
      Everyone's extras now appear to be going up on the ticketmaster resale site
    2. Jason
      Jason
      Whoever designed the Ticketmaster website needs to be taken out the back and shot. My kids could design a better website.

Nowhere is it clear that by entering your barcode you have already selected a ticket. What it says on the next screen that pops up is a little "tick" next to a box that says "upgrade". How anyone is supposed to interpret that as a commitment to buying a ticket, especially when everyone is under pressure to beat everyone else to the best seats, is anyone's guess. So unsurprisingly, a lot of people added extra tickets to their purchase before hitting continue.

The result has been that many transactions resulted in additional (unwanted) tickets being paid for. The number of folk offering to on-sell these unexpected extra purchases is ridiculous and entirely the fault of the website designers.
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Len
      Len
      Agree 100% It took me 5 attempts to figure out what they were doing as I kept being offered more tickets than I wanted, just plain dumb design
    4. Jason
      Jason
      Also, allowing 1 membership barcode to purchase up to 4 tickets was just a way for Ticketmaster to facilitate sanctioned scalping.
    5. Len
      Len
      That surprised me, up to 10 tickets per purchase so would only need 3 memberships to do it, I've never bought finals tickets before so not sure if that's the norm, but it doesn't seem right.
    6. Jason
      Jason
      SEN just said that Dogs members have purchased 8100, Giants members have purchased 6400, general public have purchased 4600 and there are 1800 left (as at 6pm tonight).

My calculations suggest the rest must be the ANZ stadium members (3100)?
    7. Jason
      Jason
      I've bought PF tickets before and recall it being 1 per membership only. Earlier rounds of finals allowed for multiple transactions, but not for PF.
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Len
      Len
      SEN guilty of multiple incorrect statements on sales today, including 2 about it being sold out
    9. Jason
      Jason
      Numbers also on afl.com.au
    10. Len
      Len
      I heard that the dogs have officially broken the interstate travelling record, even if the numbers are inflated thanks to ticketmaster it's still a great effort.
      Our problem as I alluded to earlier, the more expensive seats are well out of reach for most of our members, the way the ground has been categorized is poor with simply not enough seats being offered at reasonable cost.. Probably the last time we have the issue, I expect to be forced to play finals on our most fierce rivals home ground going forward.
    11. Jason
      Jason
      I am in a Category 5 seat behind the goals near the GWS cheer squad (Vincent Fairfax Stand), yet I was actually happy to pay for a Category 1 seat on the wing. Ticketmaster decided that "best available" was Cat 5. Go figure.
    12. Len
      Len
      That's ridiculous!
      Category 1 seats were a plenty late yesterday, botched job all round..

Good seats though at the wrong end for you, you shouldn't have any dramas, our crowds are mixed every week, we are not even mildly rabid..
      • Like Like x 1
    13. JPK
      JPK
      Hope you both have fun!
      Sorry @Jason but after the capitulation in round 1, I just can't bring myself to have any support for the Dogs. So @Len its your boys all the way - Go Giants!
      • Like Like x 2
    14. Jason
      Jason
      Who capitulated to whom in Round 1 and why does that have anything to do with the PF?
    15. JPK
      JPK
      Sorry mate, that is a bit ambiguous isn't it? My mobs' capitulation to your mob in round 1 of the finals. I'm still hurting.
      • Like Like x 3
    16. Jason
      Jason
      Go Dogs!

We are going to the Grand Final !!!!

**** yeah!
      • Like Like x 6
    17. Len
      Len
      rapt for you mate, was a fantastic game, I'll be barracking for your mob
      • Like Like x 1
    18. Jason
      Jason
      Cheers Len.
      Reckon we might be playing your mob in finals again in the not-too-distant future.
      • Like Like x 1
    19. Len
      Len
      For sure, both teams look likely to be up there for the next 5 years or so.
      Had no idea Clay Smith had that first half in him and he probably caught us unawares as I doubt I was alone.
      Bont's second half was dominant, probably the difference in the end from where I sat live.
      Cal going down so early really hurt us, but Roughead went not long after so no excuses.
      I'll be gutted if we go go down again like that next year but tonight I was absolutely delighted for the doggies fans, not hard to imagine how it feels after so many empty years with the saints, who are still the only team I'd barrack for against the giants in a grand final.
      I think the crowd was probably 60/40 in favour of the dogs, but the volume was often 80/20, a lot of our supporters will have learned from your guys and will find a bit more voice next year, atmosphere was electric for virtually 120 mins
      • Like Like x 1
    20. Jason
      Jason
      Clay had a similar start to the GC game in Cairns earlier this year. Think he kicked 3 in the first Q and finished with 4 or something like that.

You were right about the seat that I got, it was great. Not sure why it was Category 5, I reckon it was better than the Cat 1 seats on the wing would have been.
      • Like Like x 1