Go Dogs!

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Jason, Sep 17, 2016.

By Jason on Sep 17, 2016 at 1:02 AM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

:D

• Like Like x 3

Comments

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Jason, Sep 17, 2016.

1. walesy
      walesy
      What a game though! The dogs are one hell of a ride! Hope they can get up for just one more game!
      • Like Like x 3
    2. Jason
      Jason
      GF tix confirmed!
      • Like Like x 7
    3. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Congrats Jase, enjoy the experience :)
      Never had the chance to go to either '04 or '07 GF's as my membership never came up in the ballot either year.

Having had the joy of Port winning in '04, and the pain of '07, I certainly hope you get to experience the former - your boys have had a damn good year and much of it against the odds.
      If they somehow don't manage to take it out this year, I'm sure there will be another chance over the next few years.

The one player I really feel for is Bob Murphy - he'll certainly have some mixed emotions on the day :(
      • Like Like x 1
    4. walesy
      walesy
      Top shit Jman! Where are you sitting?
    5. Jason
      Jason
      Level 1, basically in front of the scoreboard at the Punt Rd end. Olympic Stand.
      Still feels a bit surreal.
      • Like Like x 1
    6. walesy
      walesy
      Read a stat today that I thought you would like

Dunkley has scored six DT tons in 16 games this season. All other players born in 1997 have scored five between them across 306 games.
    7. Jason
      Jason
      DT :rolleyes:

Josh isn't quite as bad a kick as his old man was, but he 'aint the best going around either. Contested ball animal though.
      • Like Like x 1
    8. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      http://www.afl.com.au/news/teams

dogs unchanged with jong, campbell and suckling their emergencies

the swans have mcveigh and mills in for allir and harrison marsh, their emgs are marsh, cunningham and nankervis
      • Like Like x 1
    9. Jason
      Jason
      You ****en ripper!

What a day! Tom Boyd couldn't have picked a beter moment to come of age. Worth every cent!
      • Like Like x 4
    10. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      how mighty are the mighty doggies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      • Like Like x 1
    11. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Chronically underpaid, he should get Cam Mooney's wage to top it up !!

Congrats Jase, I hope you and the family enjoyed it to the fullest !!
      • Like Like x 1
    12. walesy
      walesy
      Gogogo Doggies!! So happy for you guys!!

How good was Bevo giving his medal to Murphy.
      • Like Like x 4
    13. Jason
      Jason
      I was good, kept it pretty much together with just perhaps a lump in my throat
      Until that moment...
      • Like Like x 2
    14. Mick
      Mick
      Awesome game! Brilliant finals campaign - the Dogs lifted to another level, well beyond the rest of the competition. So much heart, belief and pure will to win. Well deserved premiership. Great to watch. Enjoy living the dream @Jason
      • Like Like x 2
    15. walesy
      walesy
      Seriously though,

West Coast - Away
      Hawthorn - 3 time reigning premiers
      GWS - Away
      Sydney - Minor Premier

The dogs did it all. With style. What a great way to break the drought. Phenomenal effort.
      • Like Like x 3
    16. Len
      Len
      At some point, the 1 game in 27 days issue will be analysed, I hope so and I hope it ends this year.
      • Like Like x 3
    17. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      It should be, but I don't have much confidence unless the AFLPA really turn the screws (as they should). The other issue (from the perspective of the top 4 teams and not just hawthorn) is 2v3 should have been played on the same day or before the 6v7 final, not 24 hours later giving an 8 day break for a lower ranked team who would usually have a 6 or 7 day break.

I think from GWS perspective there is more chance that the Riverina academy zone and GWS expansion salary cap and extra list size issues get tweaked or limited but from 2017/18 not in the next 12 months, as I think once this years draft gets done the Vic clubs will look at GWS as a team that should get much better in 2017 and 2018 provided they keep the players they want/need and complain ad nauseum.
      • Like Like x 1
    18. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      I am pretty sure that no-one ever won the VFL from 4th/5th under the final 5 - if so 4 finals wins is a historic first and winning from 7th is unlikely to be done again and certainly not with 2 interstate matches among them. The youngest Grand Final team in 25 years suggests a potential dynasty in the making assuming they manage their list and salary cap well, with an exciting on-field rivalry with GWS for the next 2-3 years if the Giants become the juggenaught most expect them to be.
      • Like Like x 1
    19. walesy
      walesy
      Yeah, Dogs v GWS is going to be huge over the next few years!

Thing is, this year, the dogs had 15 wins to finish 7th. In years gone by, that's enough wins for a top 4 spot, even a top 2 spot back in 2007. Top end of this year was stupidly close. Anyone could have won it. (Well, except North)
      • Like Like x 4