Guidance for picking a SuperCoach team in 2012

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Gonaddz, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Knucklebusters

Knucklebusters New Member

Welcome Gonaddz im quite new to this site aswell, I think beggining of last year and it does help mate, You dont have to visit 4/5 dif sites you can just visit TS and they have all the info you NEED and they are all a awesome bunch of guys, This being the reason i will be donating on a regular basis.

2. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Yeah I know, the great help I got so far was amazing and I do plan on donating more as time goes on. I just hope the chaps here don't mind a newbie picking their brains. It's about time the footy is starting and I can't wait for the massive amounts of talk and strategy. I hope I can put a sock in the guys mouths I'm playing once and for ALL!!

3. Knucklebusters

<blockquote>Quote from Gonaddz on February 16, 2012, 21:07
    I hope I can put a sock in the guys mouths I'm playing once and for ALL!! </blockquote>

Im hearing you m8 i always get rubbish from people at my work league but for some reason unknown too me i always used to show them my team so they can rate it and i believe i use to get false positives about my team so this year i will not be showing them my team and i will be on this site every day noting down the good help these guys give.

4. whips

whips New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Gonaddz on February 16, 2012, 17:11
    OK! Not long now till the NAB Cup starts and convocation starts flying around! </blockquote>
    I no longer care whether to pick Pendles or Swan. I just want to know how to convocate.

5. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from whips on February 16, 2012, 22:33
    OK! Not long now till the NAB Cup starts and convocation starts flying around! </blockquote>
    I no longer care whether to pick Pendles or Swan. I just want to know how to convocate.</blockquote>
    :lol:

6. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from BlueBeliever on February 16, 2012, 17:20
    Post in the thread relevant to what you're posting generally, and if there's something you just have to know that you can't find out anywhere else, create your own thread in the forum asking the question.

Rate my team around here will usually be held off until near the end of the NAB cup so everyone has a better idea on rookies etc, and Walesy will put a main page thread up where everyone can look at other peoples teams and provide feedback to them, and also post their own team for comment. Etiquette is to comment on a few of the teams directly above yours when you post yours up, to help everyone get some varied feedback of some kind.</blockquote>
    Hear hear

7. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

<blockquote>Quote from whips on February 16, 2012, 22:33
    I no longer care whether to pick Pendles or Swan. I just want to know how to convocate.</blockquote>

Convocation is the key to regulating. I no longer care other than to win!

8. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Oh just a quick question as a newbie and all, is the NAB Cup only on Foxtel? Should I start crying because I don't have it or is there an online site I can view it on?

9. Knucklebusters

Yes it is only on foxtel, Im on AFL site watching the stats and live chat with the boys http://tooserious.net/nab-underway

10. Gonaddz check in the chat when the games are on, there's usually a stream to be found by asking nicely and contributing to the chat

11. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Moderator

@Gonaddz - Convocation is the act of convoking or the state of being convoked. (Usually in a religious context, but SC is somewhat like religion so it is arguable that it is contextual here.)

It is probable that by contributing here you have in fact convocated.

And I'd go Pendles.

12. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Very nice then! MMmmm a stream to be found by asking nicely, I can do that Mr. Carlton Lover! I just feel I'm sitting on my hands and not sure what is going on. I guess the next thing to take care of are the bench players, I really don't want to mess that up.

13. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

Some very solid advice in here! Good work guys!

14. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Well this is great, I got carried away with all this fantastic advice that has been thrown around in these forums and now I'm left with 1,200!!! No idea how I went to from 200,000+ to this so quicky!! Is this gonna make my life harder? Might have to show an update of my new team if anyone wants to have a word or 2 just to see if I'm on track from my 1st attempt.....

15. Usually I never have cash leftover Gonaddz, this year may be the first time so I wouldn't worry about it at all. The important thing is the team structure, so if you're happy with that you can deal with cash problems as they arise

16. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Hahahaha, thanks for the wise words BlueBeliever. What you just said made me feel a little better just worried if the NAB Cup ends and I find other players to be more "Exciting" I might find it hard to change things around. Cash problems, story of my freakin life!

17. Story of everyones life these days.

That's why the structure is a key element. If the structure is sound then replacing or changing players should be quite easy, as you should be swapping like for like. Example: Pendlebury gets injured PS, meaning you need a new premium mid but the cash from Pendles should cover say Gaz, if a rookie goes down the same applies as you would be replacing them with another rookie of similar value

18. munchman

munchman New Member

anyone know where to find the pdf list of all supercoach players for 2012?

- pls send link - I need to prinmt and use pen and paper - old fashioned coach that i am :(

19. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

I don't know where the pdf that you are seeking is munchman. But I do know that if you become a donor here as TS, go to the stats pages and hit "export to csv" that you can get the information you seek in friendly spreadsheet format.

I believe that the export to csv option is only available to 2012 Donors, walesy could confirm?

20. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Well well well, we have come to the end of the NAB Cup and my biggest decision this year so far was to join TS and hopefully not get laughed at by the boys in my league this year. I'll put to you my team as it has completely changed from my first go so with fingers crossed........

Defenders

Scotland
    Shaw
    Adcock
    Lake
    Guthrie
    Ellis
    Darley

EMG (Shaw, S & Wilkes, B)

Midfielders

Ablett
    Murphy
    Rockliff
    Swallow
    Clifton
    Ledger

EMG (Mitchell, T & Magner, J)

Ruck

McEvoy
    Kreuzer

EMG (Giles & Stephenson)

Forwards

Franklin
    Chapman
    Martin
    Cloke
    Dangerfield
    Porplyzia
    Saad

EMG (Weedon & Hall)

So there you have my after NAB Cup attempt. Please feel free to help me out if I have set anything wrong like position or starting line up. Thank you very much guys.