HEATH SHAW SUSPENDED

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Jul 16, 2011.

1. 82asch

82asch New Member

Broughton is gonna go big!!! :)

2. russkoit

russkoit New Member

arrrrr heath shaw.............. tosser

3. obleex

obleex New Member

Broughton, Newman, Enright? I've given up trying to split them. Please help.

4. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

8 Weeks, betting on Nick Maxwell - $10.... what an arsehole... thanks, that kills another trade which I don't have to spare!!

5. mo_cheeks

mo_cheeks New Member

Almost over the stuff that SC can dish up week to week. So over it that I went out on a limb with this replacement trade.

Went Shaw to Enright. Hopefully his run will see him go big a couple of times and maybe be a bit of a POD.

Mo.

6. Bongwater

Bongwater Guest

Just read through most of the forum and couldn't find answer so this could be stupidest question of all. Is it effective immediately ?

7. Golingo

Golingo New Member

I haven't seen it explicitly said so, but Adrian Anderson said "he'll be ineligible to play at any level for the next 8 matches".

So Shaw won't play this week.

8. Bongwater

Bongwater Guest

Thanks Golingo,

It was one of those hopeful rhetorical question.

9. Whyt_ee

Whyt_ee New Member

another trade burned!

10. NedFlanders

NedFlanders Active Member

obleex - I'm no help to you mate; I have those 3 and Heater. Am planning to ride this (and possibly next) week out and keep a close eye on prices for Fish and Lids.

If you can get by this week, and ride through the Smears bye next week, then I'm not sure a kneejerk is needed.

11. Thunda

Thunda New Member

Thinking Broughton. No byes and looks like he has turned the corner.

12. Sainter

Sainter New Member

He shouldn't even be able to play in the finals. Saw the fight that he and Maxwell were having on the TV in one of the games and was wondering why @$#%@^&* ?
    Now I know, really, he should be out for more, they should make records of these stuff to give them more appropriate penalties, he had the Car Crash incident and this, betting on his own team, let alone anything in AFL is not permitted, he knew that and should've got the harsher penalty of the full extent of 14 weeks.

13. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

Agreed. Not with what they were bluing about... Shaw's always telling everyone around him what he thinks they should be doing!

But how weak is Collingwood? Pretty sure (Shaw?) I remember Eddie saying "Heath's on his last chance" after the drink driving debacle...

Apparently using inside information to bet on your own team doesn't count as a chance...

14. Tylo

Tylo Moderator

Agree completely MM. Thats exactly what Eddie said and he's just shown when it comes to the crunch his words dont count for much.

No point in coming out pretending your a club with high standards if your not prepared to follow thru. It shows Eddie and Collingwood to be extremely weak and willing to accept any behaviour from their players.

15. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Shaw is a dud; and for whoever asking, Eddie did say that they would show him the door with any more off-field issues. I thought Shaw could be a good option next year but even though I've never had him, I will never get him.

16. whips

whips New Member

Yep. Shaw is a dud and I wish Collingwood would let him go.
    His career is effectively finished because there is no way that any other club would pick him up with his history.
    The majority of posts on this site must be correct. He is a cancer on my club and will obviously be the same at whatever club he goes to. You wouldn't want him.
    Eddie and Mick are wrong to support him despite their vast experience.
    I'm angry that he's brought Collingwood into disrepute and I'm sure that all other supporters will urge their clubs not to recruit him.

17. boydshow

boydshow Guest

It was $10 - stupid but not criminal. The league is obsessed with its image so they went for overkill, but Shaw isn't that bad.

18. Sainter

Sainter New Member

It was only $10, you're right there griff, but rules are rules and he decided to break them, he should've thought about what he was doing. Well, in comparison, look at Brendon Fevola, he lost his career for betting, I know he did it repeatedly and got drunk and all, but for all the AFL know Shaw could turn into that, so that's why they're worrying about their look and giving him an 8 week suspension and a $20,000 fine, the fine might be a bit much, though, but they're sending a message so ALL players keep the rule in mind "when they're watching the screens with a mate."

19. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

I'd like to know when does "last chance" actually mean last chance? Just hot air and spin.

Eddie clearly not a man of his word. Not that anyone is greatly surprised of course, I seem to recall the truth being a foreign concept at Collingwood in the past.

20. AndrewY

AndrewY New Member

Eddie looking after the best interests of the Pies. Thats what he is there to do. Doing very very well by the looks.