Heres my team, slam the rookie!

Discussion in 'RMT' started by kiwiinmelbourne, Mar 23, 2012.

1. kiwiinmelbourne

kiwiinmelbourne New Member

Hi all, would love your feedback please.

DEF - Scotland, Deledio, H.Shaw, Broughton, R.Hargrave, Tomlinson, B.Wilkes (B.Ellis, T.Bugg)
    MID - Ablett, Rockliff, B.Gibbs, L.Parker, Pfeiffer, C.Smith (Magner, Ledger)
    RUC - Cox, Mumford (Giles, Redden)
    FWD - Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, D.Martin, D.Smith, A.Saad, Smedts (Schneider, A.Hall)

Any tweaks or is it beyond tweaking?

Cheers all

2. JackosDream

JackosDream Member

I know I'm stating the obvious but in round 1 you really want all your players having a run. I'm worried about the job security of Wilkes and Pfieffer although I think your bench players in those positions are more likely to have a run. The mids look a bit light on and that's where the real points are, so I'd be looking at getting another premium in there.

3. kiwiinmelbourne

Who would you suggest as replacements for Wilkes and Pfeiffer when I've only got another $18,500 in the bank?

4. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

G'day Kiwi,

DEF. Some job security doubts on Wilkes, if he gets a start. Other options abound. Hargrave a popular choice (after Lake), but those on here with some knowledge of the Dogs don't rate him that highly. Guthrie an alternative.
    MID. Nice POD in Gibbs, but you will need Parker to go huge and soon to keep pace with those who have Pendles or Swan. Magner and Ledger nice choices, but a JS cloud on Pfuffer and Clay S. Why not jump on Shiel? Everyone else is.
    RUC. Just about perfect.
    FWD. Is that Adam Schneider sitting on the bench? What's he doing there? Actually, Schneids might be a sneaky alternative to all those going Dangermouse/Porps. Saad has some JS issues, but should be okay. But not while he has Billie sitting next to him, who has clear issues. Alternatives abound, some of them due to play on Saturday.

Think you might be a Saints fan.

5. TerryinBangkok

Hombsch and Shiel.

6. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

I think that might be Tom Schneider (rookie listed, Hawthorn) hiding on the bench actually. No chance to play anytime soon, he needs to be changed for sure.

Agree with a lot of what Terry has already mentioned. I'm a little more bullish about Parker perhaps, I reckon he could be a good value selection. Hard to see him going anything but upwards this year.

7. kiwiinmelbourne

Wow thanks guys, I still got heaps to learn...

8. TerryinBangkok

Ah Jason, real coaches never sleep.

I have Parker fondness. It is just that matched with 3 prems you need him to excel against teams who have 4.

9. kiwiinmelbourne

I have had a change around today, is this looking better?

DEF - Scotland, Deledio, H.Shaw, Broughton, R.Hargrave, Tomlinson, T.Bugg (B.Ellis, Hombsch)
    MID - Ablett, Rockliff, B.Gibbs, L.Parker, D.Shiel, J.Mcdonald (Magner, C.Smith)
    RUC - Cox, Mumford (Giles, Redden)
    FWD - Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, D.Martin, D.Smith, A.Saad, A.Hall (J.Cameron, Skinner)

Am I just going around in circles or am I getting somewhere?

Cheers all.

10. kiwiinmelbourne

oh 32K in the bank

11. Jason

I don't think Skinner will play R1, a small chance but more likely Dickson will be in the 22.

12. TerryinBangkok

Thank you for that piece of news Jason. I will adjust accordingly.

13. Jason

Skinner is playing VFL this weekend, along with other contenders not to be selected for R1 in Sherman and Djerkurra. Unless one of these guys rips it up in VFL this weekend, I'd expect them to be emergencies at best for R1.