Horrid Luck

Discussion in 'AFL' started by 11kgm, Jul 10, 2011.

1. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

I hear ya Fez! I was going to put the captaincy on Pendles due to his early season form against the Kangas but traded in GAJ on friday and chucked the big C on him due to his record against the swans. Also had a doughnut in my forward line and an 18, which is as good as a doughnut! Will probably struggle to reach 2000 with these problems and more. Looking to bounce back next week when we are back in League mode

2. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

@Jibba

You would be very happy with Nicky Dal's output at Football Park today, had it 36 times and got a lazy 174 for his efforts! You could be on the money with your call about Ablett to Nicky Dal

3. Sainter

Sainter New Member

You forgot to mention that the Saints won too!!!!!!!

4. jibba

jibba Member

Yep was very happy :D. Funny that, just saying that you guys should get NDS for Ablett, and he pulls out a massive 170 odd to add to my point!

3 round Avg of ~150
    5 round Avg of ~130

He has WCE, Crows, Freo and Pies to come whom he averages ~135 against (by the TS calculators http://tooserious.net/player_calc.php?&id=597&pcid=13358&name=Nick%20Dal%20Santo)
    GC as well in amongst those games.
    Average of 113, 119 and 99 against Syd, Kangas and Blues for last 3.

Word of warning though is that he will score you ~80 if he gets tagged

Selwood plays better under a tag IMO

5. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Axe, two very carefully thought out trades with huge risk but huge upside and you could be right back in the hunt. Instead of sticking the cue in the rack, at least use the rest of the season to hone your skills and improve your position - still a lot can be learned before it is done and dusted. Besides, Gazza will not be far away.

J. Brown. In the main thread the idea of a possible JRoo to Brownie has generally been put down on the basis of Brisbane's tough draw. But doesn't he usually thrive in the tough ones? Aren't they usually the games where we see the Captain try to lift his side? And haven't his scores been picking up a bit as he gets more match fitness under his belt? And if Staker comes in at FF, won't that take some pressure off Brownie? J. Brown might be worth a closer look.

6. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Can't agree TIB on Brown

That said, he's going to be in my team in 9 rounds time most likely haha

7. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Just a closer look Lucas, just a closer look :)

8. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

I reckon JB's track record isn't all that good tbh. He has sparked up one or two matches but honestly, not great when you do the sums.

Mind you pretty difficult when he comes out each week knowing he will be double-teamed illegally.