How's Your Supercoach Team Coming Along?

Discussion in 'RMT' started by Dirty Dog, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Guest

G'Day all, Thought Id ask how your team is coming along, what are your thoughts on break out players and who are the better DPP options this year? Whats your strategy this year? - Your Team? - Break Out Players? (Mitch Wallace) - Best DPP Options? (Danger Mouse) - Strategy? (Finish my mid upgrades first) Cheers

2. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

3. Owen

Owen Well-Known Member

Team: PewPew Laser Beams Break out player: Brandon Matera, maybe Shaun McKernan. Best DPP: Tom Mitchell Strategy: Pretty light on up front to start with

4. reco9

reco9 New Member

righto guys....my team below.....don't be backwards in coming forwards.......let me know what you think....big point for me is no ablett, hopefuly he has a slow start and i will get him when he drops 50k... [​IMG]

5. jp

jp Active Member

No GAJ is one thing, but no Pendles or swan either is a bit worrying! JRoo and Mackie are both pretty risky choices too

6. reco9

reco9 New Member

yeah...my bad theory is: * gazz will drop in value so i will grab him when he does. * not sure how pendles will handle captaincy, so steering clear. * instead of swan i have selwood. * by only have 2 elite (above 600K) i'm hoping that having 6 semi elite (500K-600K) in my team will score more for me on a weekly basis, rather than relying on 2 or 3 elite each week......also hoping the 5 players i have between 400K-500K step up and have big seasons..........my only big worry (in my opinion) is picking the right rookies! any guidance / assistance / opinions here would be greatly appreciated :)

7. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Gaz will surely drop in value....but how much? And then you're never going to be able to get him with a standard one up one down trade. More like two down one up. You know you're going to get him so why not just have him from the start? That's my philosophy with some of the blue chip guys.

8. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Nice team. I like the midfield with relatively unique Jack and Libba. Let's hope Libba takes another step up this year after last year.No perma-captain a worry though. Backline I think you're missing out on big points with none of Bartel, Sam Mitchell or even J McVeigh. Schoey an interesting pick - not sure he'll make you much cash. Baguley out of left field - got any mail on him we don't? It's a treat to have these often midfielders available in the backline and I always think you have to take advantage of fortuitous DPP changes by the comp each year. Rucks and Fwds solid, although I don't like JRoo's up and down scoring. I really like Wingard as a pick I just don't have the stones to pick him. Rookies are anyone's guess at the moment.

9. reco9

reco9 New Member

Baguley was only put in this morning after i heard bomber thompson on radio this morning.....he was asked for 3 smokeys to put in dreamteams and he named Baguley, Jackson Merrett & Travis Colyer.....so thought i would have a crack with Baguley.

10. Sportztragic

Sportztragic New Member

looks ok reco9, but's it's a little too mid priced for my style mate. As others have said I'd prefer the proven points scoring of blokes like ablett,dependles up front and less dependance on what looks like alot of 300-400k guys. cheers sportz

11. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Thoughts on my team? Might as well go for some help haha BACKLINE: J Bartel, S Mitchell, J McVeigh M Suckling, L McDonald, M Fuller [Z Jones, A Georgiou] MIDFIELDERS: G Ablett, P Dangerfield, K Jack, D Beams B Ebert, B Ellis, D Tyson, C Beams [M Crouch, L Dunstan] RUCKS: M Lobbe, A Sandilands [T Nankervis, M King] FORWARDS: D Martin, C Wingard, J Roughead J Billings, N Bock, D Garlett [J Impey, M Honeychurch] Feedback appreciated.

12. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Interesting side, I also picked Dom Tyson in mine because if Melbourne traded pick 2 for him they will use him. Here's my team right now: Def: H.Shaw, D.Swallow, A.Otten, B.Waters, M.Suckling, P.Hanley, (K.Kolodjashni, L.McDonald) Mid: G.Ablett, R.Griffen, J.Bartel, D.Zorko, D.Beams, J.Martin, D.Tyson, J.Aish, (C.Salem, A.Morabito) Ruck: T.Hickey, A.Sandilands, (C.Wood, F.Thurlow) Fwd: C.Dixon, L.Franklin, S.Crameri, J.Patton, T.Boyd, J.Hogan, (N.Bock, D.Garlett) $4,000 left

13. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

@Sainter Great side. PODs of Jack and B Ebert good picks. Danger in mids for DPP I'm assuming - sure you want to 'waste' a spot there just for DPP? Wingard and B Ellis also great picks I want to include!! @HOLKY Quite a different side, full of uniques. Beau Waters has hurt the pins in his shoulder again so I'd trade him out, maybe try and get McVeigh/Bartel/Mitchell in which are all Def DPPs that are hard to ignore for mine. I think I read today Griffen is also under injury cloud so monitor that one. Your forward line is jam-packed full of KP forwards - not something that can always be consistent or conducive to high SC scoring. Perhaps try and get some mid/fwd types into your forward line to get some more consistent scoring from that line. Dangerfield, Martin, Wingard come to mind.

14. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

Maybe we should get an RMT thread up in the RMT board :D I'll when I get a chance

15. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Thanks Nick, feedback appreciated. Late last year I was really noticing Ebert and I really think he's going to step up and be one of the top Midfielders this year SC-wise. Kieran Jack also scores really well but for some reason I've noticed he hasn't been getting many picks and he can go big sometimes. Yeah Danger is in there for DPP, it's probably likely to change though, this team probably won't last haha, as always I've changed it 100 times already and I will continue to do so. I really couldn't ignore Brandon Ellis, sure he's just in his 3rd season but last year was fantastic for him and he pulled out some great scores. Extremely underpriced because of the games that he was sub and the game he was subbed out. Take away those games and his average goes from 80-odd to just under 100, way under priced and I thought I'd jump on to make the most of it early on and hope he continues last years form. Too bad he lost his Defender status :(

16. jp

jp Active Member

Ellis is likely to be decent pick, he can go big and has shown some good consistency in scoring. I also like that he is never going to attract the close tag, with Cotch, Lids and Martin taking the best defenders he is always going to get some free space. But I'm always nervous picking Richmond players, can't tell if they are a genuine good pick, or I just like them cos I'm a tigers man! Any love out there for Daisy? I have him penciled in at the moment as he seems seriously under priced. The ankle remains an issue, but hopefully we'll see him in the NOB cup?

17. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Wait and see with Daisy. We have no idea how Mick is going to use him, and how he slots in with the Carlton midfield. Ankle was pretty serious so I'd be staying away personally. Better options at his price bracket.

18. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

Thoughts on my team? Back : McVeigh, Mitchell, Hanely, Suckling, Kolodjashnij, Laidler (Cutler, Fuller) Midfield: Ablett, Pendlebury, Watson, D.Beams, Thomas, C.Beams, McDonald, Mitchie (Dunstan, Garlett) Ruck: Lobbe, Sandilands (Apeness, Nankervis) Forward: Dangerfield, Martin, Dixon, Zorko, Rohan, Kersten (Taylor, Honeychurch) Bank - $179,400 I heard the other day that Hartung from the Hawks is ahead of Garlett, so still not sure on him starting R1. Also Taylor from Brisbane, not sure where he is at for a R1 start. But will worry about that when the time comes. The two issues I'm indecisive about is my back. I'm not sure about Suckling. There doesn't seem to be a huge number of players in the backs, so a little bit of me is thinking if I should free up some more money somewhere and replace Suckling with Bartel. I can afford D.Swallow now, but still not sure if that's the way to go. I don't know if there are a huge number of rookies in defense either, other than what I have got. So kind of thinking if I should replace Suckling with someone like Bartel in my D4. If I do, I have to decide on where I make up an extra $80K that I may need for that. I like my rucks, but in the past I have always gone a set and forget with R1 and R2 like Cox and Sandilands years ago. Also thinking if I'm better off with turning one of those into Goldy or something. I think Sandilands will score well like he always does, it's just if he stays fit. Thoughts?

19. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

HPCD, you can save your 80k by dropping Kolod from your backline and replacing him with a cheaper rookie eg; Clurey,Georgiou. Georgiou however is still on the Rookie List so might have to wait to see if he's upgraded. They have a spot for him as Riley is on the LTI. I don't think Kolod will get a game early on, even though he's a good'un, and he didn't make their 29 for tomorrow night's NAB game. He has about 8 in front of him at the Suns and I think Bluey will ease him in later on. It's wait and see I reckon before we make any definite decisions regarding rookies. I also read somewhere that Taylor was having some injury concerns.

20. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Solid team HotPies, mine is quite similar. I wouldn't worry about Suckers to be honest, he should be a lock, we all know what he can do (was a premium years passed) and is heavily discounted, and his scoring will flourish like Birchall's thanks to Hawthorn's high possession game. I also liked Bartel but have gone off him - worried he'll spend too much time in the fwd pocket and not enough in the mids - not worth top dollar defender premium price. I want to slot Hanley in but I am concerned about him being one of few experienced Brisbane players left and getting tagged out of games. That last premium defender spot is a bit up for grabs still for mine. Zorko a massive risk after last year. Hearing things about being fitter and more midfield time isn't enough for me. I am very wary of Brisbane premiums or hope-to-be-premiums this year. Having said that Rocky is close to being in my midfield at the moment! My advice would be to downgrade Zorko to a rookie thanks to the depth of forward rookies, and upgrade Daisy to a blue chip midfielder.