How's Your Supercoach Team Coming Along?

Discussion in 'RMT' started by Dirty Dog, Feb 4, 2014.

1. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

@choppers - Thanks, I'll keep that in mind and will have to wait until the round 1 teams come out regarding KK, though will keep an eye out on the names you mentioned for defense, they are cheaper so that would be ideal. @Nick - Thanks also. Zorko's position has changed between Franklin and Harvey. I went off Franklin and Harvey to me is an option, maybe a bit of a POD as some may look at his age and sharing points with other midfielders, but he seems to be one of those rare guys that still play great football at his older age. I suppose trading Zorko to a rookie is an option, but a little worried that I might be a little light up forward as that would mean I'm carrying 3 premium forwards. If I were to look at a premium other than Zorko, I may look at Harvey or Wingard. Regarding Thomas, I was using him as a high scoring cash cow, if he belts out big scores and an average of 105+, even better, I can hold onto him. Though that said, as a Collingwood supporter, a little bit of me hopes that chest infection is really some ankle problems, that way I will have no choice but to looking to trade him out, hahah.

2. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Here's my current team. Wingard and Buddy's spot under threat from Parker, Tom Mitchell or Dixon. If Dixon is fit I would opt for him as Thurlow Ruck/Fwd DPP with Dixon will provide cover if my risky mid-priced rucks break down. Def: McVeigh, Mitchell, Hanley, Suckling, Kolo, McDonald / Fuller, Georgiou Mid: Ablett, Pendles, Barlow, Rockliff, D Beams, C Beams, Polec, M Crouch / Michie, Dunstan Ruck: McIntosh, Sandilands / Thurlow, Nankervis Fwd: Dangerfield, Martin, Wingard, Franklin, Kersten, Kennedy-Harris / Lennon, Taylor

3. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Hey Nick, a solid enough team but like Hotpies, just beware Kolod,Fuller in the backline and Lennon,Taylor in the fwds. But with rookies, we won't really know til the season proper starts. I suppose if I'm going to comment on others, I should throw mine out there too, for criticism. DEF: Hibberd, Enright, Hurn, Swallow (mid) Suckling, McDonald(mid) (Clurey,Georgiou) MID: Ablett, Pendles, Watson, Barlow, D.Beams, Shuey, X.Ellis, Dunstan (M.Crouch,Robertson) Ruc: Lobbe, Sandilands (Currie, Thurlow (fwd)) FWD: Roughead, Dixon(ruc), Franklin, Rohan, Markworth, Kennedy-Harris, (Impey, Honeychurch(mid)) $91,900 left with my major concerns F4/F5. An option is to change M6 to rookie and upgrade F4/5 or leave as is and maybe bring Broomhead in as an alternative to either Rohan or Markworth.

4. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Thanks choppers, will keep an eye on those guys in terms of JS and injury. Rookies will sort themselves out you would think. Solid team, somewhat like mine. Going with some old hands in defence it seems? Hurn would be a POD. Obviously I like the Barlow pick as I have him also! X Ellis made way for Michie for me but if if he's named in their Round 1 22 will be hard to ignore. Shuey your tip for break out? Dixon/Thurlow DPP handy if Dixon is fit. Broomhead is injured so I would look elsewhere!

5. Boulderdash

Boulderdash Member

Not sure about the rookies but I think the cheap comebacks are too good to pass up. Backs: Hodge, Ibbotson, B Goodes, McKenzie, Suckling, Darley (don't know much about him), Subs: McDonald, Aylett Mids: GAJ, Barlow, Fyfe, D Beams, J Aish,V Michie, D Sheed, X Ellis, Subs: P Cripps, M Crouch, Fwds: Buddy, J Kennedy, D Hale, Pav, J Patton, N Bock, Subs Paparone, G Rohan Rucks: Nic Nat, Sandy, Subs: T Derickx, Thurlow Very risky I know but YOLO.

6. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Some interesting players in there! A lot of success stories from last year. I think none of McVeigh, Smitchell or even Bartel is risky. Ibbo had some massive injury problems last year so buyer beware. Mids are pretty unique - you've gone with a lot of expensive rookies which may bite you considering not many of showed that much yet. Forwards are too KP for me, scoring from this position will be very inconsistent. If you're happy with that then all good. Patton coming back from a knee reco could be eased into it. NicNat ditto (with groins).

7. Snolly

Snolly New Member

From what I have seen, and your rankings over the years, I seem to be way out of my league so any input would be great. Backs. McVeigh, Hibberd, Suckling, Kolo,McDonald, Clurey , (Georgiou,Fuller) Mid Ablett,Danger, Wingard, Beams,Dal Santo, Savage, Aish, Polec (X Ellis,M Crouch) Ruck Lobbe, Grundy. (Longer,Thurlow) Fwd Cloke, Buddy, Parker,Pav,Caddy, Kennedy-Harris, (Bock,Kersten) I have $142K in the bank. I like Savage this year at Saints, hopefully no green vest and slots in for Dal Santo, who also looks like a good fit for the Roos. Cloke with the new rule may do well if he can kick straight, I love Luke Parker and has some fwds to kick to this year. Never been below ranking of 20k so I may need some help.. :)

8. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Great team Snolly. Backs are solid - just watch Kolo, he may be further back in line for a game than we think. I'm trying to upgrade him to Swallow at the moment. Mids are good, however I'm not a fan of 'wasting' a midfield spot for a FWD/MID DPP player like Danger and WIngard. You could argue for one for DPP, but 2 seems overkill. Personally I am not a fan of Savage or Dal Santo but if you like 'em, keep 'em. Luke Parker is a great pick, he's fighting with Twitch and Wingard at the moment for my F3 spot. Kersten has a knee injury so just keep an eye on that one. Cloke/Buddy/Pav maybe a little KP for me but if you're happy for the ride go for it!

9. choppers

You beat me to it, Nick, in ref: to Snolly's team. My advice is pretty similar to Nick's, in that I'm not a fan of playing Danger and Wingard in the MID. I would move them to FWD in place of Pav and Caddy and upgrade MID. I'd also go one step further and get rid of one of Aish, or Polec and downgrade to a playing (Mid/Fwd) rookie to keep your DPP going, and bring Ellis onto the field. Someone like a Honeychurch or Garlett maybe. As Nick said, beware of Kersten who is out injured at the moment and I'd include Bock in that as well. He's not as far as advanced as the Suns would like atm. And Kolo is not in their top 6 defenders yet so might struggle for a game early, unless injuries rear their ugly head. But he will play in Townsville on Sunday, so keep your eye out for him and see how he goes.But in saying that, we really don't know much about any of the rookies and won't do, until the teams are announced for Rd1. You have $142k in the bank so with a bit of tweaking here and there, you'll finish with a pretty good team. And they're only my opinions but hope they might help. Cheers.

10. Donthesash

Donthesash Guest

First completed team would love some feedback need to have a big year Backs: Mitchell, Hanley, Suckling, McDonald, Laidler, Clurey (Cutler, Georgiou) Mids: Ablett, Watson, Jack, Fyfe, Beams, X. Ellis, Michie, Polec (Dunstan, M Crouch) Rucks: Ryder, Grundy (Sandilands, Thurlow) Forwards: Danger, Martin, Franklin, Roughead, Siposs, Rohan (Kennedy-Harris, Impey) Have 71,900 in the bank to play with. Thoughts?

11. jp

jp Active Member

orright here's where I'm currently at DEF: Bartel, Mitchell, Hibberd, Suckling, Laidler, Tippett, (Cuttler, fuller)
    MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Deledio, Beams, Aish, McDonald, X Ellis (Crouch, Honeycrunch)
    RUC: Grundy, sandi (Nankervis, Thurlow)
    FWD: Dangerfield, Martin, Dixon, Franklin, Paine, Walsh (Taylor, Garlett) $117,000 in the bank I will no doubt juggle a few rookies around as we get closer to knowing who will be a round 1 contender. Pretty settled in the Mids/Def, only thing I'm still tossing up is picking Deledio or some other POD, possibly Kiren Jack or Libba? Pretty happy with the rucks too, grundy and sandy both showed enough so far. The Fwd line is really where I'm still unsure. Danger and Martin are locks for me. Dixon is there for the DPP and buddy just seems great value, but I'm not totally sold on either of them. I have cash so Buddy -> Wingard is the obvious option but then I have to think about whether that is better than Lids -> Watson?? Any comments welcome

12. Crafty Yarni

Crafty Yarni Active Member

Hello all. My second year with TS. Could the experts here evaluate my current team. DEF: Mitchell, hibbert, atley, Everett, suckling, McDonald (clurey, georgiou) mid: Ablett, Pendles, Watson, beams, foley, j.martin, x.ellis, Tyson (aish, m.crouch) ruck: cox, sandi (f.thurlow, ape ness) fwd: Danger, dusty, buddy, l.johnston, Hitchcock, garlett (Kennedy-Harris, l.taylor). My logic is to pick players at the start of the season that I want/need at the end of the season..hence gaj, Pendles and beams. History tells me not to pick the richest backs at the start of the season as most drop in price by round 11 and we saw what back line disasters occurred last year. Hoping dusty, danger and buddy do the trick. My two roughies are Nathan foley and l.johnston. i am open to harsh criticism. by the way, will their be a TS tigers league like last year

13. choppers

@jp......You're right about the rookies, we really won't know til the teams are out for rd1. However, you can plan now in case of the worst. Team looks pretty solid and your Mid prems are a toss up for anyone. if you're happy with those then go with them. Keep an eye on Tippet, he's on North's rookie list so he needs to get upgraded to get a game. If he doesn't, you can always move McDonald back there and get in a Mid rookie. I'd prefer Macca in the back line anyway. Clarkson has come out today and said he doesn't think Garlett will be ready by Rd1 and Paine and Taylor are both injured, so have Plan B ready there. I'm not quite sure about Dixon, I have him in my team atm too BUT.....he'll need to show a bit more on Sunday for mine.

14. choppers

@ crafty y.....I'm no expert but I'll offer my opinion. As I stated earlier to jp, rookies will become more clearer towards rd1. As far as your team goes, it looks pretty solid with a couple of exceptions, imo. You're prepared to not spend on your backline which is fair enough but Atley and Everitt look pretty high risk to me. But if it comes off, you're a genius. Also Georgiou is on Melb's rookie list so he needs to be upgraded to get a game. Keep an eye out on that. In your Mids, if you like those prems and the POD, then go with it but I would look seriously at your M6 thru to M9. You have 785K there which is just on 196k each. If you downgrade 2 or 3 of the high end rookies to $117,300's or less, who will play, you would be able to upgrade either of Johnson/Hitchcock to prem forward. Don't get me wrong, I like the 4 you have selected, I just think it's not good value. Also Garlett is no sure thing to be ready by Rd1 and Taylor is injured. Cheers.

15. Crafty Yarni

Choppers, thanks for your feedback. Yes, I agree, rookies will be finalised all when the team sheets are released for round 1. Yes , I think garlett is in trouble to play round 1. Also so can someone agree with me on this logic.... i see comments through various media channels that supercoach is boring as nearly all the players are,similar/same in top flight teams.. my analogy is (and it falls in line with tipping comps), 'if you know that gaj, Pendles, etc are superstars, why not pick them round 1?. All going well, if these and other premiums are injury free, they will be in all top flight sides towards the end of the year- hence saving a trade in round 4/5 etc. then it brings up another conversation point..... if you could buy trades, what $ value would you place on a trade.... apologies for for all the what it's but this puppy can't wait for the season to start.

16. guesswork

guesswork Member

<a title='I have a question (slightly off topic) what are the calculations to work out the scoring avg a player is priced at? ie. player A is $363' href='http://tooserious.net/forum/SearchResults/tabid/85/Default.aspx?Tag=I have a question (slightly off topic) what are the calculations to work out the scoring avg a player is priced at? ie. player A is $363' rel='tag][span style='color: rgb(0, 0, 0);]I have a question (slightly off topic) what are the calculations to work out the scoring avg a player is priced at? ie. player A is [/url][span style='color: rgb(0, 0, 0);]priced at [span style='color: rgb(0, 0, 0);]$363,<a title='000 is priced at 60 pts per round. Appreciate if someone could enlighten me. thanks folks' href='http://tooserious.net/forum/SearchResults/tabid/85/Default.aspx?Tag=000 is priced at 60 pts per round. Appreciate if someone could enlighten me. thanks folks' rel='tag][span style='color: rgb(0, 0, 0);]000which equates to a 60pt pg avg.Appreciate if someone could enlighten me. Thanks folks[/url]

17. choppers

I'm not sure if this is correct. but if a player is valued at $360,000 in Supercoach, his average last season was 66.66666 or 67 to the nearest. This is calculated by multiplying his 2013 average by 5400. Of course his value may be discounted if he has incurred injuries. eg: Andrew Walker averaged 106 for 2013 x 5400 = 572,400. his price this year is 572,500. Shane Mumford averaged 92 x 5400 = 496,800. This year is 496,000 Andy Otten averaged 75 x 5400 =405,000. This year is 405,300.

18. Tylo

Tylo Moderator

@ JP, your premium mids all have rd 8 bye. @crafty, TS tigers is up again. Check out the leagues post on the blog page. Hopefully I don't choke in the finals this year ; )

19. Crafty Yarni

Tylo. Thanks for the TS tigers details. if anyone wants to set up leagues outside of colors...let me know. Last year I was in a league called TS too serious.

20. guesswork

guesswork Member

Thanks for the advice. Helps me work out what players need to score to be a cash cow. Good luck to everyone this year