How's Your Supercoach Team Coming Along?

Discussion in 'RMT' started by Dirty Dog, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

@DontheSash Nice team. Good rookie selection from what we know so far. Jack and Fyfe are nice PODs. Expensive rucks, sure you want Sandi on your bench? 'handcuffing' Ryder and Thurlow is a good move. Hopefully will average 80s until byes and then be an upgrade candidate for whoever is #1 Ruck. Siposs I haven't seen in many teams - you picking a breakout? @jp Solid team. Be wary of Bartel spending too much time up forward. Laidler has a lot of Sydney backs to beat for a game. Quite unique midfield which could pay off. I would definitely take Libba over Deledio, Lids tends to only play super well against lowly teams. I wouldn't have Dixon just for DPP either, watch his form in the NAB closely, it hasn't been great so far! Paine is also injured. I also want Wingard but am thinking to downgrade him to Parker so I can upgrade Kolo to Swallow in my backline. Decisions! @Crafty Good team with a few interesting picks I'm not sure about. Everett doesn't show my upside SC wise for mine, ditto with Foley. Also ensure J Martin is worth the price tag! Sex on the Beach ruck combo is back! Johnston and Hitchcock I think could be replaced with players with more upside as well. Tom Mitchell and Luke Parker spring to mind. Garlett will probably not play round 1 either it seems.

2. jp

jp Active Member

Cheers for the feedback guys. Good spot Tylo, will have to rethink the bye situation.

3. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

Since this thread has become a bit RMTish, I thought I might move it into the RMT place :) Anyway, here's some thoughts I have on teams. I'm no expert, still learning as well. Not gonna bother with rookies, except get on XELLIS! JP - Are you worried about Selwood's injury? I was locking Selwood in pre-injury, but now I am doubtful. He's still a gun, but I reckon the injury might drop his PPG by about 5 on last year. Franklin - Sydney have a habit of recycling players for a much better output. What could happen if Franklin gains on his 2012 form? I think Franklin might improve a lot, or stay the same next year, and for me the the risk is missing out on him if just about everyone has him, which could also pay dividends if he doesnt do much. Great backline as well. Crafty - First up, Everett. I presume you are going on his NAB form, or have seen something in him or have some mail about how Carlton will use him? I don't, so I don't think he is a good choice. I would upgrade him. Hitchcock is another one like Everett. I would downgrade him to a rookie and upgrade Everett to a premium such as Bartel who I think will finish in at least the top 5 defenders.

4. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

@Crafty - All I can say is avoid Hitchcock like the plague - nowhere near best 22 (or best 30 for that), plus he can't stay fit enough to string enough games together to make you any coin!!!

5. Crafty Yarni

Crafty Yarni Active Member

bearfly, after receiving positive critism from fellow ts members, my coaching staff and I have decided to make changes to the team. in; Mitchell, polec & currie out: l.johnstone,Hitchcock & j.martin major oversight in Mitchell and preseason form along with good 2013, makes his 464k attractive. j.martin, I will call early...will be the next j.watts. giving foley two rounds to perform, if not, out he goes and in a possibly inform daisy. currie may not survive. waiting on rookie ruck performances before locking down ruck 3/4

6. grav

grav Guest

Crafty Yarni wrote:
    Choppers, thanks for your feedback. Yes, I agree, rookies will be finalised all when the team sheets are released for round 1. Yes , I think garlett is in trouble to play round 1. Also so can someone agree with me on this logic.... i see comments through various media channels that supercoach is boring as nearly all the players are,similar/same in top flight teams.. my analogy is (and it falls in line with tipping comps), 'if you know that gaj, Pendles, etc are superstars, why not pick them round 1?. All going well, if these and other premiums are injury free, they will be in all top flight sides towards the end of the year- hence saving a trade in round 4/5 etc. then it brings up another conversation point..... if you could buy trades, what $ value would you place on a trade.... apologies for for all the what it's but this puppy can't wait for the season to start. CY - there has been a few occasions in previous seasons (generally at the pointy end when I have burnt most of my trades) that I have wondered if I could buy another trade, what would it cost? have never come up with a magical answer but one thought I had was that I would probably hand over some if not all of my bench cover just for the shot at one more trade. Dreams, I know but would make finals interesting. In this vein, what are people's thoughts on holding some cash in the bank from the beginning, which can effectively act as an extra trade down the track when it comes to upgrading?

7. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Personally my view is you want your money on the field making points. I always try to hold some safety money to get in those rookies I may have missed but I'd feel strange keeping more than $50k in the bank.

8. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

I'm now having second thoughts about my ruck structures. The whole time in my rucks, I've had Lobbe and Sandilands (Apeness or Thurlow on the bench as they are dual position for up forward) and with Dixon in my forward line who can work as a swing ruckmen as he is dual position as well. I have structured it like this just because of Sandilands having a past history of withdrawing from games due to injury and missing out to injury. My main issue now is whether Dixon will bring in good and consistent scores. He hasn't tore it up in the NAB yet from reports. Kind of thinking if I should turn Dixon into a T.Mitchell/Parker/Pavlich and play it safe and maybe turn Sandilands into a safer bet on someone like Goldstein or another premium ruck and forget about the link between my ruck and forwards.

9. Reverse Kangas

Reverse Kangas New Member

<p class='heading]What do you think guys. $9,300 left. * for the DPP. <p class='heading]Defenders J McVeigh*,S Mitchell*, SDThompson,L Hodge*, M Suckling,L McDonald*,(M Fuller,A Georgiou) <p class='heading]Midfielders N Dal Santo, D Beams,D Swallow*,D Thomas, L Shiels, JMartin,J Aish,C Beams,(X Ellis, MHoneychurch*) <p class='heading]Rucks T Hickey,A Sandilands, (D Currie, F Thurlow*) <p class='heading] <p class='heading]Forwards P Dangerfield*, D Martin*, C Wingard*, T Mitchell*, D Hale*, M Wright*, (J Bourke, J Kennedy-Harris)

10. Midge001

Midge001 Member

It looks like you've loaded up on your backline slightly at the expense of your forward line. Nick Dal is an interesting choice that might pay off, but I'd be a little concerned taking him in as the premium mid-fielder to my side. I like D Swallow but as a defender rather than mid. I like Shiels - I have him too and think he could be on for a break-out year with more midfield time. What's your reasoning on having Hale? I'm not sure that he's going to increase his average drastically enough to end up in the top 6 forwards (Or really even top 10-15) but is it the DPP coverage you're after? All in all it's not a bad team for mine, but lacking a little top-end firepower.

11. Midge001

Midge001 Member

Mine at the moment:
    D: Mitchell, Hanley, Swallow, Suckling, McDonald, Laidler, Ashby, Georgiou M: Ablett, pendles, Rockliff, Beams, Thomas, Shiels, Michie, Ellis, Polec, Crouch R: McEvoy, Sandi, Currie, Nankervis
    F: Dangerfield, Martin, Cloke, bruest, Rohan, Lennon, Kennedy-Harris, Honeychurch

12. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

Midge001 wrote:
    Mine at the moment:
    D: Mitchell, Hanley, Swallow, Suckling, McDonald, Laidler, Ashby, Georgiou M: Ablett, pendles, Rockliff, Beams, Thomas, Shiels, Michie, Ellis, Polec, Crouch R: McEvoy, Sandi, Currie, Nankervis
    F: Dangerfield, Martin, Cloke, bruest, Rohan, Lennon, Kennedy-Harris, Honeychurch Not a bad team there midge. Interesting to see you have 2 rookies on the field in both the forward line and defence. I'm not sold on either of these two positions offering enough rookies that will get games and score more than 50. If I were you I'd trade out Daisy for a rookie to free some cash up for either a backline or forwardline rookie upgrade. Bruest is an interesting choice, haven't heard him mentioned much, if at all. Any specific reasoning behind that? I would never put Cloke in my team either, but that's personal opinion :D How much cash do you have left? I don't know why, but your team looks fairly light on for premiums. Maybe it is because you have gone for the slightly more expensive rookie choices at this stage, which come Round 1 team selection might turn out to be the right thing to do. Nice team man, a few unique choices there.

13. Midge001

Midge001 Member

Cheers mate. Trading out Daisey to back up the backline is an idea that I like now that you've suggested it - providing there's a decent mid selected early days. Bruest is a bit of a gut feel - I see him as beinga player that will start getting rotated through the midfield a bit more often and hopefully start picking up 20-25 touches plus a goal or two each week. To be honest - most of the high performing forwards of last year I'm not sold on this year, mostly for age reasons. The likes of Riewoldt, Harvey etc aren't ones I'm willing to go with. I also hate that I have Cloke, but I feel like he'll do alright. Coming into an age to hopefully be more consistent. Thanks for your input!

14. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

[span style='color: #444444; background-color: #fcfcfc;]Just put this in the RMT blog, thought i'd put it here too. [span style='color: #444444; background-color: #fcfcfc;]
    [span style='color: #444444; background-color: #fcfcfc;]Ok, here is my team. Haven't looked at bye structure yet...<br style='color: #444444; background-color: #fcfcfc;[/img] <br style='color: #444444; background-color: #fcfcfc;[/img] [span style='color: #444444; background-color: #fcfcfc;]B: McVeigh / Mitchell / Enright / Swallow / Guthrie / Suckling [McDonald / Laidler]<br style='color: #444444; background-color: #fcfcfc;[/img] [span style='color: #444444; background-color: #fcfcfc;]M: GAJ / Pendles / Watson / Beams / Martin / Tyson / Polec / XEllis / [Michie / Crouch]<br style='color: #444444; background-color: #fcfcfc;[/img] [span style='color: #444444; background-color: #fcfcfc;]R: Grundie / Sandi [Wood / Nankirvis]<br style='color: #444444; background-color: #fcfcfc;[/img] [span style='color: #444444; background-color: #fcfcfc;]F: Danger / Wingard / THawk / Caddy / Hogan / Rohan [JKH / Impey]<br style='color: #444444; background-color: #fcfcfc;[/img] <br style='color: #444444; background-color: #fcfcfc;[/img] [span style='color: #444444; background-color: #fcfcfc;]I've had Lobbe in and out of my team alot lately, but brought in a 4th premo mid so had to dump him for a cheaper option. Thinking I may chop one of Swallow/Suckling for another def rookie and up grundie to Goldy (and hope for set and forget rucks!)<br style='color: #444444; background-color: #fcfcfc;[/img] <br style='color: #444444; background-color: #fcfcfc;[/img] [span style='color: #444444; background-color: #fcfcfc;]Appreciate any comments...

15. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

I thought I had already replied to this post, war, but obviously not. So I'll go again. To upgrade Grundy to the ruck of your choice, you're too top heavy in DEF. Downgrade either Swallow, Guthrie or Suckling to a cheap playing rookie, maybe Clurey,Cameron,Georgiou(if he's upgraded). In your MID, too many high priced rooks. I'd drop Martin($222K) or one of the Melb.boys, depending on cash generation, and get another cheap playing rookie. You should then be able to upgrade Grundy. I do however like your FWD line.

16. Bomber boy

Bomber boy Guest

Really need to do well this year guys had a shocker last year so thought I would get some experts advice on my team. Any advice appreciated. Backs Mitchell, Hanley, Swallow, Atley, Suckling, McDonald (Clurey, Georgiou) Mids Ablett, Watson, Cotchin, D. Beams, C. Beams, Michie, Polec, Ellis (Dunstan, Matt Crouch) Rucks Ryder, Sandi (Thurlow, Nankervis) Forwards Danger, Martin, Wingard, Breust, Wright, Billings (Rohan, Kennedy-Harris)

17. FlyBoy15

FlyBoy15 Guest

Bomber boy wrote:
    Really need to do well this year guys had a shocker last year so thought I would get some experts advice on my team. Any advice appreciated. Backs Mitchell, Hanley, Swallow, Atley, Suckling, McDonald (Clurey, Georgiou) Mids Ablett, Watson, Cotchin, D. Beams, C. Beams, Michie, Polec, Ellis (Dunstan, Matt Crouch) Rucks Ryder, Sandi (Thurlow, Nankervis) Forwards Danger, Martin, Wingard, Breust, Wright, Billings (Rohan, Kennedy-Harris) Backs: look solid, not sold on Atley personally but if you think he will breakout than by all means follow your gut. Mids: again solid, would prefer to see Pendles in there as well but I understand some people waiting until after his bye. Pretty sure C Beams just got injured and is out for something like 6-8 weeks so check that. Rucks: Ryder I don't rate, far too hot and cold for me. And even when he's hot it's for like 20min out of a 120min game. Just my opinion though. Maybe look at Derickx instead of Nankervis, looks more likely to be the backup. Fwds: solid line here. I like Breust, good POD, especially if he starts getting decent mid time. Wright has shown good preseason form, just keep an eye on his role come season proper. Billings I had as a lock early on but not sure on his JS after preseason games, didn't show enough IMHO.

18. FlyBoy15

FlyBoy15 Guest

First RMT for the year, opinions appreciated. Feedback will earn Feedback, after all that's what were all here for right :) Cash $20,800 Defenders: Mitchell. McVeigh. Hanley. Enright. Suckers. McDonald. (Langdon. Georgiou.) Midfielders: Ablett. Pendles. Cotchin. D Beams. Tyson. Michie. Ellis. Dunstan. (Polec. M Crouch.) Rucks: Nic Nat. Sandi. (Derickx. Thurlow.) Forwards: Danger. Dusty. Parker. Caddy. Higgins. Rohan. (JKH. L Taylor.)

19. Bomber boy

Bomber boy Guest

Thanks for the feedback mate appreciate it. I have made a few changes since then obviously trading out C Beams since he's injured for Dom Tyson. Went Impey instead of Billings and chucked Higgins in. I've also gone Pyke in the ruck over Ryder think he'll have a BIG year!! Your backs are really solid mate like it. Mids I like also stack up the rookies there most cash to be made. I've always been a fan of Nic Nat although this year I might just wait and see how he holds up. Forwards also solid like Parker just worried there might no be enough points pass around for all the Swans in that area. In saying that I have him in my team at the moment lol.