How many Gold Coast rookies?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Gautama, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Having a look I realised I'll only be happy using up to two trades on them so I've switched it around a bit and have four. One in each bench

2. Holey

Holey Moderator Staff Member

I don't understand the lack of love for gc rookies... Swallow, Harris and smith should be locks in every team. You then have Stanley, coad and toy to choose from in defense - which you should have at the very least one if not two. Fwd line is less convincing, but matera, dixon and prestia are all very tempting. With a pure gnr approach, you need at least 18 rookies in total. Anyone considering less than 6 gc rookies won't be able to stand up in overall or league come the second half of the year. Outside mzungu, Richardson, otten an heppell, the locks from other teams just aren't there.

3. Corks

Corks Member

Agree Holey. 6 for me...2 / 2 / 1 / 1

Forwards is less convincing. Matera yes, not so keen on Prestia at the price (I've got 5 premium fiorwards + AK already, and $140k is too much for F6).

Fully agree with your Rookie Locks. A few others interest me...Paopolo, Duigan, Irons, Callinan, but not locks yet.

Woulde still be more comforatble if Smith actually played a game. Press is good, but performance is better.