HS SC Draft League

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Mar 10, 2013.

1. J_C

J_C Guest

Simonoz wrote:
    Where the hell do you find this stuff ????? It's a good question sNoZ!!

2. snoz

snoz Moderator

The history of sNoZ & TiB...... Once upon a time, a young lad named Simon arrived at the pearly gates of Manhattan. To his wonderment, the yokel locals had nary an idea about this foreign land from whence he came, this Australia place. Thus....once informed of the moniker Oz of which we call our great southern land.....( and all references of the wizard were removed), he became known in many of the reputable establishments that litter the Upper East side as simply Oz. Years later, an embryonic website emerged from the shadows of Melbourne, tooserious, started by a young upstart named Les. Upon joining said fledging site for sheer fantasy purposes, Simon, or Oz as the Manhattan-ites called him, selected the username SimonOz, billiantlycombining his own name with the nickname given to him by these......Americans. Some time later, the mind is somewhat foggy here, Simonoz met (electronically) and affable fellow by the name of Terry in Bangkok. Simonoz immediately abbreviated this far toolengthy usernametoTiB, knowing his typing skills could not continue to pound away at somany keys when addressing this fine gentleman. Not to be outdone, TiB returned volley, and shortened simonoz to snoz. Just when you thought it safe to go back in the water, a year later TiB & snoz met Chels......he of the small, flighless & useless bird type, a bloody kiwi. In retaliation perhaps for multiple threats of a nuclear assault on this rocky land, chels began to address snoz as sNoZ, a witty yet remarkably simple way to garner affection for his homeland New Zealand. ........and that brings us to the end of my story, how TiB & sNoZ came to be known as........TiB & sNoZ.

3. graeme

graeme Guest

I just knew that Randy Newman had to fit into this fantasy somewhere. Now I know how and where - 'its just outrageous how bare (sic?) people can be.'
    A little publishers' repartee there for you sNoZ and TiB.

4. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

I like stories.

5. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

I like a good limerick. There once was a man named Rory
    Who was favoured by Terry (who likes stories)
    But his supercoach form
    Was below the norm
    And he couldn't lead the Hupyas to glory!

6. TerryinBangkok

Far be it from me to cast nasturtiums at my ancestors, but sadly his team is not Hupyas. J.P. Donleavy had a habit of taking limericks to a higher plain, e.g.: In Algeria There is a Town Called Tit

7. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Red Whiners wouldn't have fitted the metre. I can't help it if your team name is too long for poetry.

8. graeme

graeme Guest

Alert, I am going to have to pull out of the HS SC Draft League as I need to be down country for some serious stuff. Could somebody please take my place as, unlike sNoZ, I have not rated the first 400 and I am unsure of computer access from the back blocks of the King Country.

9. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Pretty sure this last minute disaster has now been averted..

10. TerryinBangkok

Ah, the Midnight Stalker finally arrives.

11. Len

:) someone left the door open...
    Been very busy rebuilding my SC team tonight, it has a couple more mid-pricers than I hoped for but the fwds are a rookie waste land atm

12. Len

:) someone left the door open...
    Been very busy rebuilding my SC team tonight, it has a couple more mid-pricers than I hoped for but the fwds are a rookie waste land atm

13. graeme

graeme Guest

someone left the door open - and I almost walked through it out into the cold! Should be ok for the draft thanks to Len. The problem with the wish list approach that I see is that I could end up with with 8 rucks in trying to secure one. I'll probably be able to get online for the first 90 mins (i.e., until midnight here).
    I am told we will be making a very early start on Thursday morning. Mustering for those who appreciate the country life, which seems highly appropriate as I will end up on a drafting gate Thursday and Friday afternoon. Physical drafting of stock, not drafting a fantasy team.

14. Len

You have an incredible Mid line in the cb fantasy from last night, the rest of your squad requires trade correction :) 90 minutes should easily get you past 1/2 way on the roster, then all you need to do is ensure you have positional players elevated on your wish list and you should be fine.

15. J_C

J_C Guest

I reckon my drafting was a bit average at times in the CB league last night. I think there were 2 or 3 where I asked myself 'Did I really just do that?'. Lol

16. Len

JC wrote:
    I reckon my drafting was a bit average at times in the CB league last night. I think there were 2 or 3 where I asked myself 'Did I really just do that?'. Lol
    lol, I know what you mean, I had a list and I was sticking to it, but with 2 guys drafting only mids for 12 rounds I am not sure I should have stayed the course as long as I did.. Time will tell for us both, Walesy had bigger balls than me, no rucks until round 20 odd :)

17. J_C

J_C Guest

I did notice a couple going solidly for Mids early, so I drafted an extra Ruck as possible trade bait. I have 4 Rucks, 3 who are R/F (Ryder, Roughy & Hale) plus Griffin. Maybe the Chief or chels might want one? lol
    I also paid no notice of any bye implications of my drafting so I'll have to load my team into TS and see what it says.

18. TerryinBangkok

Okay guys, so CB is different to HS and CB is just getting a mention in here for convenience and I haven't missed out on any draft and chels didn't say if was sheep or cattle but presumably the former.

19. Len

Indeed, correct on allaccounts, bearfly has been quite slow in creating an appropriate thread for the cb draft which was completed last night :) The draft this thread represents belts into full volume at 8.30pm Wednesday AEDST :)

20. J_C

J_C Guest

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Okay guys, so CB is different to HS and CB is just getting a mention in here for convenience and I haven't missed out on any draft and chels didn't say if was sheep or cattle but presumably the former. Alright, alright. I'll take my bat and ball elsewhere...... :)