HS SC Draft League

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Mar 10, 2013.

1. graeme

graeme Guest

oh xxxx, I forgot all about the Centrebet draft comp. You are right Len, I need to trade!
    Correct TiB, drafting sheep Thursday and Friday.

2. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Lenh191 wrote:
    Indeed, correct on allaccounts, bearfly has been quite slow in creating an appropriate thread for the cb draft which was completed last night :) The draft this thread represents belts into full volume at 8.30pm Wednesday AEDST :)
    Ok Lenny, no need to take over this thread with C/Bet DL talk anymore :) The Bear has finally extracted his digit long enough to start the thread as we discussed following the draft. Find it here -http://tooserious.net/forum/Forum/tabid/91/forumid/12/threadid/54069/scope/posts/Default.aspx

3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Bearfly wrote:
    Lenh191 wrote:
    Indeed, correct on allaccounts, bearfly has been quite slow in creating an appropriate thread for the cb draft which was completed last night :) The draft this thread represents belts into full volume at 8.30pm Wednesday AEDST :)
    Ok Lenny, no need to take over this thread with C/Bet DL talk anymore :) The Bear has finally extracted his digit long enough to start the thread as we discussed following the draft. Find it here -http://tooserious.net/forum/Forum/tabid/91/forumid/12/threadid/54069/scope/posts/Default.aspx Done good played strong :)

4. Bearfly

Lenh191 wrote:
    Bearfly wrote:
    Lenh191 wrote:
    Ok Lenny, no need to take over this thread with C/Bet DL talk anymore :) The Bear has finally extracted his digit long enough to start the thread as we discussed following the draft. Find it here -http://tooserious.net/forum/Forum/tabid/91/forumid/12/threadid/54069/scope/posts/Default.aspx Done good played strong :) Needed a good sleep in today after that draft last night - must've given the grey matter too much of a workout keeping up with my list to ensure I drafted for needs!!! Exhilaratingstuff though, that's for sure :)

5. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Bearfly wrote:
    Lenh191 wrote:
    Bearfly wrote:
    Lenh191 wrote:
    Indeed, correct on allaccounts, bearfly has been quite slow in creating an appropriate thread for the cb draft which was completed last night :) The draft this thread represents belts into full volume at 8.30pm Wednesday AEDST :) Ok Lenny, no need to take over this thread with C/Bet DL talk anymore :) The Bear has finally extracted his digit long enough to start the thread as we discussed following the draft. Find it here -http://tooserious.net/forum/Forum/tabid/91/forumid/12/threadid/54069/scope/posts/Default.aspx Done good played strong :) Needed a good sleep in today after that draft last night - must've given the grey matter too much of a workout keeping up with my list to ensure I drafted for needs!!! Exhilaratingstuff though, that's for sure :) [span style='color: #ff0000;]Hello Guest. [span style='color: #ff0000;]
    [span style='color: #ff0000;] [span style='color: #ff0000;] You seem to have your fingers in a lot of pies this year BF.
    [span style='color: #ff0000;]/Portals/0/User%20Images/lobster%20pie.jpg

6. Bearfly

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Bearfly wrote:
    Lenh191 wrote:
    Bearfly wrote:
    Lenh191 wrote:
    Indeed, correct on allaccounts, bearfly has been quite slow in creating an appropriate thread for the cb draft which was completed last night :) The draft this thread represents belts into full volume at 8.30pm Wednesday AEDST :) Ok Lenny, no need to take over this thread with C/Bet DL talk anymore :) The Bear has finally extracted his digit long enough to start the thread as we discussed following the draft. Find it here -http://tooserious.net/forum/Forum/tabid/91/forumid/12/threadid/54069/scope/posts/Default.aspx Done good played strong :) Needed a good sleep in today after that draft last night - must've given the grey matter too much of a workout keeping up with my list to ensure I drafted for needs!!! Exhilaratingstuff though, that's for sure :) [span style='color: #ff0000;]Hello Guest. [span style='color: #ff0000;]
    [span style='color: #ff0000;] [span style='color: #ff0000;] You seem to have your fingers in a lot of pies this year BF.

Always Terry - that's one bonus with being on the Carer's Pension, home alot and have the opportunity to put more time into FF than others can :)

7. Bearfly

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Bearfly wrote:
    Lenh191 wrote:
    Bearfly wrote:
    Lenh191 wrote:

Always Terry - that's one bonus with being on the Carer's Pension, home alot and have the opportunity to put more time into FF than others can :)

8. TerryinBangkok

Soooooooooo. Being on a Carer's Pension lets you double post?

9. Bearfly

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Soooooooooo. Being on a Carer's Pension lets you double post? Internet dropped out at the time I tried to post and I thought it didn't go through, therefore I done it again!!! Or maybe I just thought that pic deserved to get an extra post :D

10. TerryinBangkok

11. graeme

graeme Guest

nice draft last night team - sorry I left without a goodbye but it was kinda late here.
    TiB, I see you chose an Essendon (Hibberd) player and I got a good Port boy (the Sarge) - perhaps we could put the first trade together?
    back to the muster

12. snoz

snoz Moderator

Oh nooooooooooooooooo Just went in to set my list for the draft at 830pm tonight. WOW.....Soooooooooooooooooo stupid sNoZ

13. Len

lol, I did expect you there sNoZ, you have some great trade targets to list though, wouldn't be hard to re-balance

14. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Great draft last night, pity the chat feature doesn'tallow for more participative banter... having to refresh all the time takes the dynamics out of it.

15. Len

Bandit wrote:
    Great draft last night, pity the chat feature doesn'tallow for more participative banter... having to refresh all the time takes the dynamics out of it. It did a bit, but massively better than the cb one where the chat just didn't work, and still doesn't I think..

16. Bearfly

Lenh191 wrote:
    Bandit wrote:
    Great draft last night, pity the chat feature doesn'tallow for more participative banter... having to refresh all the time takes the dynamics out of it. It did a bit, but massively better than the cb one where the chat just didn't work, and still doesn't I think.. Yeah, CB obviously didn't pay VS enough to have a working chat feature in their game :D
    Enjoyed last night's draft, although couldn't really participate in chat coz of eating tucker at start of draft then trying to catch up on crossing drafted players off my list so I knew where I was at for targeted players. Reckon I nailed at least a third of players I wanted and expected to be available at my picks - not 100% happy with quality of some mids & fwds, but at least I ended up with a pretty flexible starting squad!!!

17. TerryinBangkok

See the CB talk is creeping back in here. Guess I will just have to tolerate it since you have a dysfunctional chat. Suggestion: how about making this thread the main source of banter on SC Draft? Rather than creating a new and more obvious one, we can fly under the radar here. Given recent events, I am a bit sensitive towards others suddenly realizing we are having fun. I enjoyed the hell out of that draft. Am sure BigLance would have enjoyed it too. Len is right that the double picks for first and last are kinda nice, but nothing seems as slow as 2 minutes when you are waiting for 19 other dibs. I finally had to leave before the last pick and saw there were a wealth of MIDs coming up, so figured I would get something reasonable on auto if I left MID to last (Kane Cornes). But had to laugh this morning when I checked the free agent list - you have to go down about 30 places to find a scrawny MID. And sorry about Devon Len, he will of course enter season 2013 on-field (nice forward line the Misfits have). Noticed only about 3 of us picked an EMG for each line. Guess the choice is do you want cover or do you want something to trade. Also noticed that Bandit's Tippett theory went out the window fairly early. Overall I thought the entire SC Draft process was pretty smooth and I like the visual set-up for your eventual team and the flexibility with DPP. It is a pity the Admin does not have control over the Waiver, otherwise we would give Simon and Breust first crack. It was like a horror movie watching the way the dead and fatally wounded were slowly pushed to the top of the list. As a purely academic exercise, would be interesting to list the draft order on here and then compare it with the ladder at the end of the season. Lesson: set the bloody alarm clock and make sure you are at the draft table.

18. graeme

graeme Guest

I swore loudly a couple of times last night as my picks got sucked out just when I thought they were going to slip through to me.
    Thanks for upsetting me, in no particular order, over: 1. Jarrad McVeigh; 2. The Frenchman; 3. Chris Mayne; 4. Pearce Hanley; and 5. Jonathon Giles.
    You know who you are and I will remember!

19. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

chels wrote:
    I swore loudly a couple of times last night as my picks got sucked out just when I thought they were going to slip through to me.
    Thanks for upsetting me, in no particular order, over: 1. Jarrad McVeigh; 2. The Frenchman; 3. Chris Mayne; 4. Pearce Hanley; and 5. Jonathon Giles.
    You know who you are and I will remember! I share your pain Chels.
    Rich Moloney The Frenchman Leuenberger (Don't know why I had a Brisbane bias) Tippett wouldhavebeen taken on the way back by sNoZ if I hadn't of grabbed him TiB... he had two cracks before my next pick. Hopefully he pays dividends second half of the season

20. Len

Yeah, I think we can comfortably call this thread home Terry, the cb one has it's own thread now, I think it was raised here again as a comparison more than anything else :)
    Draft went really well for mine, though I did end up 1 or 2 good mids short and thus my elite fwd/def line can be pillaged to a small degree by those overstocked in mids.
    I completely forgot that Terry and I have man-love for the same GWS guys and was certain Smith would be available 2 picks later, bit of a bugger that...
    by the sounds of it the only deeply desired guy I nabbed was Mr Greene :)