HS SC Draft League

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Lenh191 wrote:
    [span style='font-size: 10px;]by the sounds of it the only deeply desired guy I nabbed was Mr Greene :) Must say Len, I was lining Toby up for my next pick when he was grabbed!!!

2. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

You got Toby? Wanna trade for him?

3. TerryinBangkok

Bearfly wrote: Lenh191 wrote: [span style='font-size: 10px;]by the sounds of it the only deeply desired guy I nabbed was Mr Greene :) Must say Len, I was lining Toby up for my next pick when he was grabbed!!! Yes Bear, but you made sure you got Ollie and didn't have to offer up Vlastuin and 6 next century draft picks for him.

4. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Bearfly wrote: Lenh191 wrote: [span style='font-size: 10px;]by the sounds of it the only deeply desired guy I nabbed was Mr Greene :) Must say Len, I was lining Toby up for my next pick when he was grabbed!!! Yes Bear, but you made sure you got Ollie and didn't have to offer up Vlastuin and 6 next century draft picks for him. Correction Terry, 1 draft pick and a swap of 1 msd and 1 psd pick!!! Get with it mate, us Port supporters are supposed to be better than that :p

5. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I need better drugs, you stole them both Terry!
    I'll trade them for Treloar and Scully? :)

6. Len

For what little it is worth, both Greene and Smith are in my main SC team

7. graeme

graeme Guest

I took five of my ORFFA team in the draft (Fyfe, Hannenbery, Ziebell, Smith and Robinson). What numbers did you take?

8. Len

chels wrote:
    I took five of my ORFFA team in the draft (Fyfe, Hannenbery, Ziebell, Smith and Robinson). What numbers did you take? Only 4 but not for lack of trying, I have Waters, Hartlett, Pendles & Zorko in both

9. TerryinBangkok

Think I have one. GAJ. And that is why I am hoping to dispel a few 'cocktail' cheap shots.

10. graeme

graeme Guest

<p style='margin-bottom: 1em; padding-right: 40px; color: #000000; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18.890625px; background-color: #ffffff;]Some background on a possible explanation for TiB's team name was unwittingly revealed in the HUN racing section this morning by none other than Gai Waterhouse: <p style='margin-bottom: 1em; padding-right: 40px; color: #000000; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18.890625px; background-color: #ffffff;]'At my tender age, you are allowed a few frivolities. [span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #ffffff;]My husband, Rob, asked me recently to go to Warrnambool for their jumping festival, after our Sydney Autumn carnival. [span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #ffffff;]He said I should take a hurdler there and promptly bought me one! The Nemesis. <p style='margin-bottom: 1em; padding-right: 40px; color: #000000; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18.890625px; background-color: #ffffff;]'Golly, I hope the anti-jumps protesters don't get wind of it! [span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #ffffff;]He has been in pre-training in New Zealand (where he was purchased) and we started him at an 'outside the rules of racing' meeting (I hope Mr Murrihy doesn't read<em style='font-size: 14px;]The Daily Telegraph[span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #ffffff;]) at the Castlepoint Beach Races in a 1000m event (totally the wrong distance) and he, pleasingly, ran a strong-finishing fourth. <p style='margin-bottom: 1em; padding-right: 40px; color: #000000; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18.890625px; background-color: #ffffff;]'The Castlepoint Beach Races have been going since the 1840s - longer than Randwick - and they attract a huge attendance.The race times are coordinated with the tide. They race on the sand and through the surf. There is no running rail - just the waves to contain them. I wish I'd been there. Always next year.' <p style='margin-bottom: 1em; padding-right: 40px; color: #000000; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18.890625px; background-color: #ffffff;] <p style='margin-bottom: 1em; padding-right: 40px; color: #000000; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18.890625px; background-color: #ffffff;]So there we go, perhaps a team name that nods at one of Bear's other real passions, sNoZ and young chels. Cracking sentiment. <p style='margin-bottom: 1em; padding-right: 40px; color: #000000; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18.890625px; background-color: #ffffff;]You'll still get buried in round 1 of the draft league though TiB!

11. Len

Indeed chels :)
    Dean and I appear to be facing off in the first battle of the sainters for the year :)

12. Len

Griffin & Waters starring for the Misfits, Nomads return serve via Stanton, game on :)

13. Len

Anybody able to log in to Draft atm? Wondering if it's me or the site..

14. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

I got in now probs :)