In Round discussions et al

Discussion in 'tsAddicts SC Keeper League' started by Len, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I'd be happier if I hadn't managed to leave 5 of my 7 top scorers on the bench tbh

2. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Yeah I hear ya. Was 50/50 on Breust vs Hickey. Went Breust. Lost.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Len

I hear you, my highest scoring player was my emergency and my lowest scoring player was onfield, the Misfit's haven't given me much experience with regard to picking from a full squad :p

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I left Parker's 161 on the bench :oops:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Len

Most unfortunate

6. Len

it appears @TerryinBangkok forgot to enter a team.
    the new version of the easybeats

• Like Like x 1
  7. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Appearances can be deceiving. So can I. Faithfully and well in advance of Thursday night lockout I entered my team. I saved it. I made some amendments and saved it again. Evidence? You may recall I mentioned something like, possibly this thread, "Gotta love walesy" and then quoted his message saying I had entered too many players which he had deleted with extreme prejudice. This is because the screen offers holes for you to fill, so I filled them, thinking that was what was required. This resulted in an excess of benchers, which should be okay, since none were used. The fact that @walesy commented shows clearly, I feel, a saved team was in there. That team included JJK's 180, thank you very much for the chocolates. And BTW, Stevie Wright has left us. There cannot be any new easybeats.

8. TerryinBangkok

Addendum: Sure this can be fixed, but if you are snowed @Len, just wait until you have a breather - no rush. Such occurrences expected R1, just like the new 10 metre farce.

9. TerryinBangkok

Now I notice this is the Addicts mob. What does "In round discussions, et al" mean? Well I put a team in there as well. Correctly saved? Can never swear to it with an excruciatingly slow netz. In the dark like Snoz, can't find my score, or any scores for that matter. Team was:
    D1 McMillan (75) D2 Johannisen (130) M1 Neale (109) M2 Hall (129) M3 Wallis (79) R1 Martin (95) F1 JJK (180) F2 Motlop (51). Think E was Lobb, but doesn't matter. I make it 1048.
    But, if there is no evidence of team entry, I will accept a forfeit against @graeme. He is, after all, a gentleman.
    [Edit] Have since found the scores and see I have a donut. Will trust walesy on this one. Next time I will enter the team in the thread as well, assuming "In round discussions, et al" is the requisite spot to put it. Scratches head. How could that happen - wrote the team out on a piece of paper. Not a bad score either, judging from others.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  10. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

g'day TiB, there were (teething) problems with entering teams. When I saw your squad on Monday morning and saw you had JJK and JJ who had made 310 between them I knew I was in trouble. I would offer you a draw but that is disrespectful of an amazing >1000 point score. If walesy can manually load / override the programme you should be awarded the win. Pure and simple. If not, I will not enter a team in the return fixture. Not a priority walesy just an if and when.

In hindsight, we should have expected some problems with a system that was untested in a live setting which was also a long weekend. That is not meant to deprecate walesy's amazing skills - it is more an acceptance of human and system frailty as reality.

• Like Like x 2
  11. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

ok, I've got Terry's team into R1. It will recalculate when I next run the ladder updater (which will happen once I fix the interchange bug!)

• Like Like x 2
  12. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the understanding guys.

• Like Like x 3
  13. snoz

snoz Moderator

Walesy, you do a bang up job mate - kudos to you.....without you & your efforts, we don't even exist ! (Well I don't at least o_O)

.......Imagine life without a sNoZ in it - don't say anything you cheeky bastards.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Len

Should be no need to enter a team in this thread mate, from what is being said it may have been a bug that wiped an entered team.
    Note that all the excess spots are gone from this league's entry so there should be no further issue.

Feel free to post a team, anyone, but only as a discussion point.

• Like Like x 2
  15. TerryinBangkok

Well, thanks for all the efforts folks and for the sportsmanship from over the channel.
    I really feel vulnerable. The PC at home has a cable connection that is highly variable. Often you click on a site or press save and there is a continuously spinning circle that disappears after about 5 minutes. You look back at the screen, having prepared dinner, and assume it is saved as all activity has ceased. No notifications of time out. At work the netz is great, that is until about 5 pm (just as you are finishing the day and turn your attention to footy). The uni has a leased line. The provider is a bad egg - he assumes 5 o' clock all uni people are heading home, so he steals back some of the allocation on our leased line and farms it out to other customers who will soon be arriving home and firing up their coms. At 5 my netz at work almost grinds to a halt, hangs, Firefox says sorry, etc. One of these days I am going to get caught right on lockout. That is why I thought of adding the team here - any problems at TS might be readily resolved, but as I said, feel a bit vulnerable up here. Let's see if R2 goes smoothly.

Life without a Snoz - unthinkable.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Glad to hear that everything worked out. :cool: You were feeling vulnerable, whilst I was feeling concerned. :eek:

To show just how deep my concern goes, I opened up a book on the options as to what might have gone wrong. :p

It looked like this:
    2-1 Terry forgot his TS login password.
    8-1 Terry entered his team on the Hun site instead of the TS site.
    15-1 Snoz sabotaged the hamster in the wheel that powers Terry's internet connection.

Again, I'm so relieved that everything worked out, almost as relieved as Fasolo would have been after cup-gate during the preseason.
    ;)

• Like Like x 4
  17. TerryinBangkok

Potoroos are noted for their savage nature. Get very cocky after a big win.

Get yer money on Snoz.

• Like Like x 2
  18. snoz

snoz Moderator

Round Two - snoz swings the axe....

IN: Eski, Grundy & Just4Jase.....The Bont
    OUT: McGov (inj concerns), Witts (weak), Wines (needs to show something)

DEF: Doch/Eski
    MID: Danger/Adams/Bont
    FWD: Harvey/Hogan
    RCK: Grundy
    IC/E: Wines

19. Len

The Who Dat's are feeling quite uber, without the 15% discount

DEFENDER
    Tom MCDONALD, Daniel Rich
    MIDFIELDER
    Adam Treloar, Kieren Jack, Ben CUNNINGTON
    RUCK
    Zachary SMITH
    FORWARD
    Tom Bell, Luke DAHLHAUS
    INTERCHANGE
    Andrew GAFF

20. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Ugh, Top Me Up Satan up against the snozables...

Will see if Broady and Hickey can do a better job.

D - Lonergan, Broady
    M - T Mitch, Hanners, Sloane
    R - Jacobs
    F - Hickey, De Goey
    E - Cripps