Initial team when taking byes into account

Discussion in 'AFL' started by traviso, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

What we really need is Docherty to get a game R13, that makes Goddard-Scotland-Deledio the combination of choice.

2. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

<blockquote>Quote from SuperCoachSuperStar on May 11, 2012, 15:17
    I've got 4 premiums with the same bye (Round 13) in both the forward and back lines, it will work out to 2 donuts.</blockquote>

How can that work? Unless you are planning to trade two of those premiums out, one from each line.

If you had Goddard, Fisher, Deledio and Scotland all in your team you would be looking at 2 donuts in your backline come round 13 and if you had a similar thing in your forward line that would mean 2 more donuts there. The only way I can see you getting around that is trading one of them out in each line, benching two, and copping one donut from the remainder.

3. Lethaldons

Lethaldons New Member

If planned well could get out of the bye rounds with no doughnuts but a few trades used,

personlly back line is currently
    lids,goodard,malceski,lake,broughton,morris , ellis, smedts and bugg

rnd11 - bugg,lake out
    rnd 12- malceski, broughton , smedts out (Trade out smedts for downgrade target, anyone from first bye round (GWS?)
    rnd13 - lids,goodard,morris,ellis (Morris and ellis down grade to SHAW and rookie from first 2 bye rounds)

I have tried to keep all lines clear and have continually looked towards the bye rounds to try and gain some points overall (Think this is where you will either know your still in the hunt or just go for leagues), remember we have 3 trades in the bye rounds to help ,

As planned as i "think" i have it , it wont matter too much as i keep hitting damn bullets (goodes) last week hurt rnd 12 bye was settled!! and more than likley the rookies will probably not get games when we need them!!

4. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

Lethaldons, the problem with that plan is it uses 3 trades in the backline. You will need another 3 trades in the forward line and 2 in the midfield to make it work but we only have 6 trades over rounds 12 and 13 not 8 which is where the two donuts comes from.

The only way to avoid two donuts is using a ruck DPP. That way you can switch a ruck bench player into the forward line to cover a donut when he's not needed in the rucks. Currently we have Roughead and Lycett getting game time so it is possible but probably not worth it.

5. Dekka

Dekka Member

@lethal - it's when you need to make two trades on more than one line that you end up at Krispy Kremes. I'm sure after the fact there will be one team structure that worked, but it may not be that high scoring. Having said that, you're far better off planning for it now than ignoring at your peril. They say everything in moderation, so a few fatty donuts may not be that bad for you in the overall supercoach diet.