Is McLeod worth it?

Discussion in 'Blog' started by BlueBoy03, Jun 17, 2008.

By BlueBoy03 on Jun 17, 2008 at 10:00 AM
  1. BlueBoy03

BlueBoy03 New Member

<div>This is a question which i havent been able to answer over the past month. Your not worth your DreamTeam salt if you also havent been keeping one eye on Andrew McLeod. In a year of major DreamTeam backline woes a McLeod worth $230k has to grab your attention, even if his form inst great.

Well he responded this week with a solid 81 points. The kinda score that my backline craves. This means he has basically bottomed out in price. After a slight increase this week and a low BE for nexts week game he should rise again. So does this mean he is back? Should you jump on board.

Well that obviously depends on the specific position and needs of your team, but in case you didnt see the might Adelaide Dockers last quarter loss to the Hawks on the weekend let me throw a couple of things out there.

The Crows not only found a way to lose they also developed a new game plan that involved the 'multi' switch of play. Not content to switch play once the Crows decided that continual movement around the backline was the best bet.

This meant that Bocky had the most possies, racking up 151 DreamTeam points, Stiffy Johncock wasnt far behind and even full back Ben Rutten got to 106! So what can you read into Andrew McLeods 81?

<div>[span style="font-size: 1.0em;">Well, lets put it this way. The average DreamTeam score for the entire 22 Adelaide players was 81.45. Remove
    Nathan Bassets injured score of 2 and first gamer Andy Ottens score of 9 and that team
    average rises to 89. Get rid of the forward / ruck combo of Tippett and Griffin
    and the average of the reaming 17 players pushes up to 97!!

If the team (minus some newbies, injuries and
    ruckmen) can average 97 what the hell was McLeod doing only racking up
    81? Macca is going to need to do more before i am convinced.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by BlueBoy03, Jun 17, 2008.