Is The All Australian On TV Tonight?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by FoxSportsNews, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Soda_Bull

Soda_Bull New Member

just an idea, we could compare everybodies predictions from (memory) stkildathunda's forum, whoever got the most players or hit trate of correct position wins? Wins what though..

2. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Marc Murphy, Travis Cloke and Dane Swan on the HFF

Hmm, room for Stevie J, Goodes, Milne, Fyfe and Buddy... Midfielders obviously the hardest to pick, this means a few forwards will miss a spot, especially with Dal Santo, Gibson/Scotland/Fisher/Lids, Goldstein all pushing for a bench spot aswell.

Edit: Milne, Franklin and Goodes in the full forward line. Interchange still to come, hopefully another Saint gets in (Fisher or Dal)

3. Sainter

Sainter New Member

And to finish off, Boyd, Dal Santo, Kelly and Petrie are named on the bench.

B: Scarlett (Geel), Glass (WCE), Enright (Geel)
    HB: Murphy (WB), Reid (Coll), Davis (Coll)
    C: Thomas (Coll), Mitchell (Haw), Pendlebury (Coll)
    Foll: Cox (WCE), Judd (Carl), Ablett (GC)
    HF: Murphy (Carl), Cloke (Coll), Swan (Coll)
    F: Milne (St K), Franklin (Haw), Goodes (Syd)
    INT: Boyd (WB), Dal Santo (St K), Kelly (Geel), Petrie (NM)

No Stevie J surprises me, I had him on the field.

4. IrishPride17

IrishPride17 New Member

It's a fair squad.

I'd have liked a Tigers player in there, Deledio the front runner but if you look at all the backs this year in better teams I thought the right decision was made, I thought that Steve Johnson and Sam Fisher were a little stiff though. Dasiy lucky, I'd swap Murphy to the wing for Daisy, take out Daisy leaving space in the half forwards for Steve Johnson from Geelong, then take out Scarlett for Josh Gibson, can't say I've watched enough Fremantle games to see enough of McPharlin.

5. Tylo

Tylo Moderator

Couldnt agree more on Johnson and Fisher both being very stiff. And Bob Murphy in the team, really?!

6. Lethaldons

Lethaldons New Member

Bob Murphy in the team ahead of scotland ,fisher, gibbs , delidio is an absoloute joke!!! No Stevie J??? Reckon fyfe was unlucky aswell,

7. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Dale Thomas and Bob Murphy a little lucky.

Steve Johnson and Todd Goldstein a little unlucky.

8. Fez

Fez Moderator

Yeah think Dale was lucky probs a bench spot SJ to a flank and put a swan or Murphey on the wing
    Take Scarlett glass and Murphey out of the backline for Fisher scotland Gibson

My mark of the year was Natanui and goal of the year was Fyfe

Reckon this year was the best year in a while for marks, Krak, nick nat, Petterd, walker, goodes all rippers

9. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Thomas was the best pure wingman for the season without a doubt. The team seems stacked with too many centremen....

Pendlebury, Mitchell, Kelly, Boyd - a lot of these players do spend their time in the pivot position.

Takes a different style to go on the wing. I'd say Marc Murphy was the other ideal wing. But that means making a decision between Mitchell, Pendlebury, Judd and Ablett. So be it.

Jason - so you thought Petrie wasn't lucky?