J selwood or Boyd

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Turbs, Mar 24, 2012.

1. crew

crew New Member

In the same boat....................Boyd being 30 and paying full retail doesn't give a lot of room for error but Selwood at 25 could very well go another notch this year and shoot 125 average with him knowing what to expect with coach and captaincy where as last year both were new to him and probally took away slightly from his onfield performance imo.

2. PieRaider

PieRaider New Member

I doubt Duckwood's ball use will allow him to achieve 125 consistently.

3. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

I went Boyd over Duckwood... still could change this week though!

4. Fedor

Fedor New Member

Another question, what about the other young guns i.e Marc Murphy, Ryan Griffen and Tom Rockliff? Murphy didn't really explode this preseason, but his team didn't as a whole. Rockliff has been huge in the preseason, Griffen too, but he has that broken finger which can be an issue. How does Selwood compare to those guys?

5. weazel

weazel Member

i'd personally go selwood over boyd and and as fedor said griffen has a broken finger and may miss round 1 for those considering him

6. Tylo

Tylo Moderator

Selwood first picked for me this year. Boyd cant improve on last year for mine.

7. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Fedor on March 24, 2012, 17:27
    The only worry I have with Boyd is that I think Griffen is going to explode into an elite level player and may overtake Boyd and take some of his points. </blockquote>

I expect exactly that.
    Griffen will outscore Boyd this year.

8. shanaz

shanaz New Member

duckwood for me. More improvement and better value for dollar there. As for rockliff.. Dismiss at your own demise, the bloke is set for stardom. If he played for a victorian club along with fyfe, theyd be making headlines.

9. AchillesII

AchillesII New Member

Boyd in Dream Team,
    Selwood in SuperCoach

Expect more of Selwood's possessions to be contested with less polish in the ruck division (no Ottens). Even though there was a mention that ChampionData would not adjust their forumlas regarding the rucks... It looks as though they might be scaling the points away from handballs and more towards those who can win their own ball.

Even though there is no fixed number on each possession, it's just a guide, the SC points scoring guide has Handballs @ 1.5pts, and Hard/Loose ball-gets @ 4.5pts.

10. Corks

Corks Member

Has anyone considered ASwallow as a POD? Numbers get better and better each year, AND he stays on the ground which is always the worry with Duckwood and Timmy's Little Boy.

11. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Swallow will keep getting better and he wins his own ball which is SC gold. I haven't got him in, but if griffin doesn't get named this week I'll be swapping him out for swallow.

12. Fedor

Fedor New Member

<blockquote>Quote from fidelsfinger on March 25, 2012, 23:53
    <blockquote>Quote from Fedor on March 24, 2012, 17:27
    The only worry I have with Boyd is that I think Griffen is going to explode into an elite level player and may overtake Boyd and take some of his points. </blockquote>

I expect exactly that.
    Griffen will outscore Boyd this year.</blockquote>

He was a lock for me, but that broken finger is annoying. I have Marc Murphy in at the moment instead, but I'm still tempted to take a punt on Griffen even though he is hurt.

13. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

What about Selwood v Rockliff? Having trouble who to take??

14. CJ22

CJ22 New Member

I'm finding it quite suprising that people think Griffen will outscore Boyd. Do you not know Boyd? They also have very different roles from my knowledge, so I'm not worried about them taking points of eachother. Griffen the outside player, while Boyd's big scores from his inside work. If someone is going to take Boyd's points I would expect that too be Libba and co. However, I see the dogs improving this year as a side so I'm not seeing this as an issue. I currently have Selwood and Boyd.

15. Fedor

Fedor New Member

<blockquote>Quote from CJ22 on March 26, 2012, 15:16
    I'm finding it quite suprising that people think Griffen will outscore Boyd. Do you not know Boyd? They also have very different roles from my knowledge, so I'm not worried about them taking points of eachother. Griffen the outside player, while Boyd's big scores from his inside work. If someone is going to take Boyd's points I would expect that too be Libba and co. However, I see the dogs improving this year as a side so I'm not seeing this as an issue. I currently have Selwood and Boyd.</blockquote>

The thing is, while Griffen is not as a big a disposal gatherer as Boyd, his disposals are a lot more dangerous and effective which supercoach rates highly. He is also younger and is entering his prime so I expect him to take another step up. I've taken him out of the team becuase of the finger, but I'll be looking at him closely.

16. Scupper

Scupper New Member

Boyd is score projects for SC/DT make him a must.