Joel Selwood

Discussion in 'AFL' started by bfish, Mar 31, 2011.

1. TN

TN Wanderers

One week is not a major issue, but the bump Selwood sustained will affect him for at least 2-3 weeks. He will struggle with the hard tag for the next few games, then he has a bye, so not much value out of him for first 6 weeks.

He could just as easily come back next week and crank up 140+, which is what makes SC so frustrating and yet so addictive.

2. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Especially as they are playing Port at Skilled Stadium.

3. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Jason you are right. Exactly right.

Chris (not 88) went out Ablett, in Ablett, pocketed some change and banked probably 150 points that in the end proved crucial.

I'm still not saying that trading/keeping Selwood is the right option, just saying that dismissing it out of hand isn't right either.

Need to do more sums and the time just gets smaller.

4. Iceman

Iceman New Member

IIRC wasnt Ablett out for 3 weeks in that particular case (Aductor strain). I did the same thing then too. Traded GAJ out for Sewell and brought GAJ in for Rich 4 weeks later.

5. Clutties

Clutties New Member

Well, I wasn't going to trade at all this week. Majority of views on this say : Do not trade Round 1! However, I have Selwood AND Jono Brown. if Selwood had of played, I would've been happy to sit on Brownie for a week & see how his potential replacements go this weekend. But with Selwood out, this means I have 2 premiums on the bench. And I also have Goodes & Yarran, (two potential spuds after this round!). So I can't just sit on my hands! So Selwood & Brown OUT. Jobe & Jacky Boy Riewoldt IN. Both trades ARE 'Sideways' trades, but I make a nice little profit off both. A slight premium downgrade. Might not have the luxury of picking up Jobe & Jacky next weekend, as I might have to get rid of my spuds and jump on some well performing rookies. The winner last year traded early and traded aggressively. He was also partial to a bit of sideways action. Super Premiums, (like Joel Selwood), always drop in price anyway. I'm sure I'll pick him back up in 5 or 6 weeks time when his price is around 500k.

6. Clutties

Clutties New Member

And Jack Riewoldt knocks himself out in the first quarter without even having a touch. Donut. Sigh.

7. aerodyte

aerodyte New Member

And you were so enthusiastic about the trade.
    Footy can be a heart-breaker, and supercoach reflects that

8. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

@clutties
    Yeah I feel yr pain mate. Last yr I traded Seaby in after his good scores & he got inj in his first match for me. What a bitch of a game!

9. bfish

bfish New Member

@Clutties - tough mate

10. DC

DC Member

bad luck clutties.

i wonder if anyone went brown ->> jack this week?

would be nothing worse... lol

11. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

@DC - at least JRoo will play next week.

12. DC

DC Member

True! - Good upgrade target as well :)

13. NedFlanders

NedFlanders Active Member

Gotta feel for ya Clutties.

This year is my daughter's first in supercoach - selwood, brown, jack riewoldt, lenny (she's a sainter).

tough initiation!

14. snoz

snoz Moderator

Wow Ned....not that she could be a jinx or anything, but what other prems does she have :)

15. NedFlanders

NedFlanders Active Member

She has a wellbalanced team - had 900 points on the board at 11:30 last night.

She replaced browny with rok. Will let you know who she points the bone at this week, when she cuts lenny.

16. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Ill be waiting til after his Round 6 bye as i doubt he will go up too much in round 5. Allows your cow to gain more and depends on who you cash out your likely to actually save more $$$ waiting the week..

17. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

I'm agreeing with dathunda with this one. Wouldn't want to grab him and then sit him due to the bye. Also gives time for the cash cows to get fatter with money