Judd and the Carlton Salary Cap

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Lucas, Jul 14, 2011.

1. obleex

obleex New Member

<blockquote>Quote from melbandy on July 14, 2011, 13:16
    Get over it stripey boy. The pies just wouldn't do whatever it took to get him. You all think that you wave Collingwood in front of them and they'll come running. You won a premiership. Be happy and stop whining about losing out on the best player in the league. Nah,na na, nahhhhh.....</blockquote>

Premiership > Judd

He will never wear another premiership medal at Carlton. He can have all the brownlows he wants, no one associated with Collingwood would give two shits at all.

2. Whyt_ee

Whyt_ee New Member

<blockquote>Quote from obleex on July 17, 2011, 19:50
    Get over it stripey boy. The pies just wouldn't do whatever it took to get him. You all think that you wave Collingwood in front of them and they'll come running. You won a premiership. Be happy and stop whining about losing out on the best player in the league. Nah,na na, nahhhhh.....</blockquote>

Premiership > Judd

He will never wear another premiership medal at Carlton. He can have all the brownlows he wants, no one associated with Collingwood would give two shits at all.</blockquote>

Cough cough quit, if you had of got him you'd have three in a row by now.

3. obleex

obleex New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Whyt_ee on July 17, 2011, 20:14
    <blockquote>Quote from obleex on July 17, 2011, 19:50

Premiership > Judd

He will never wear another premiership medal at Carlton. He can have all the brownlows he wants, no one associated with Collingwood would give two shits at all.</blockquote>

Cough cough quit, if you had of got him you'd have three in a row by now.

</blockquote>

No we woulnd't have. What a stupid thing to say.

4. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Even Caro's arrow was dedicated to how pathetic the AFL are over the whole situation.

5. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Wow. Sorry I missed out on all the fun over the weekend. My daughter got married up in the hills and I've just caught up today. I have one thing to say on this to all the bitter, revenge seeking non Blues supporters....Nah, nah na, na nahhhhhh.

6. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Why_tee is right, Collingwood with Judd probably would have won 3 flags, but I guess his 0 will have to do for now.

I'm disappointed he didn't come to Collingwood but let's face it, the Pies didn't exactly have much the Eagles were interested in.

Now in relation to the main issue, I just think transparency is key. I've got no doubt there are some skeletons in closets at all clubs, and unlike Judd's Visy deal, are not in the public eyes. We need that transparency so that the entire area can be better policed. Otherwise as Skt has intimated, we could have a whole Brian Waldron situation about to affect the integrity of the entire competition.

Just like we all realised in the amnesty that everyone broke the salary cap, so we realise now that most clubs are doing a dodgy in these 3rd party deals.

And if not, then Judd needs to be made an example of.

Finally melbandy, I made a small comment in the livechat after the game. I think this suffices in all the Carlton-Collingwood argy bargy in this. Take it with the humour that is intended... :D

Judd 3 votes
    Collingwood 4 points

7. If it's only transparency you're after Lucas I guess I don't really have much to argue about now...

8. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

All my comments are with a smile on my face. I just like being contrarian with pies supporters. It's just that you guys so readily take the bait that it seems almost unfair.

Luv your work! I agree, looking at the big picture, the current situation is flawed and dangerous for the game's integrity. Nice comeback with the 4 points thing too.

Enough of the civility - lets get back to the footy.

Pies are week... chuck em in the creek...

9. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

And I am hoping

Judd 2 Brownlows (at Carlton)
    Collingwood 2 flags (while Judd's been at Carlton)

But of course that's hoping for a lot as we all know from 2008 Geelong and 2009 St Kilda you can play really well all year, then have 10 minutes of poor footy, and you are up that creek you want to throw the Maggies in.

Finally, I don't really have to get up in arms about this. And Collingwood really shouldn't be yelling because with 70k members and a fair few hands greasing the chain, we could make a killing with free agency and 3rd Party deals.

Consider the subject closed.