Kill my Team!

Discussion in 'RMT' started by Fedor, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Fedor

Fedor New Member

Here is my riskyish team right now. I'm really unsure about a couple of things.

Defenders: Deledio, Shaw, Broughton, Heppell, Lake, Howard, Ellis (Bugg, Brown)

Midfielders: Pendlebury, Ablett, Selwood, Griffen, Parker, Magner (Shiel, Miles)

Rucks: Mumford, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)

Forwards: Franklin, Fyfe, Chapman, Gray, Porplyzia, Smith, Dickson (Smedts, Kerridge)

$3700 in the bank.

I've skipped on Martin, have a feeling it could be a masterstroke. However, I'm not sure on having Parker, and pushing out one of the gun midfield rookies to the bench. Do you guys think it'd be better to keep it as it is, or to:

1. Dump Parker, Upgrade Heppell to say Birchall or Goddard (Though I have a suspicion that he may be as good as either of them this year)

2. Dump Parker, keep the cash

3. Keep Parker, dump Selwood (not touching Griffen, reckon he is going to kill it), and upgrade a forward rookie into say a Rioli or Martin (Though I prefer to keep Martin out as a POD)

Thanks in advance guys!

2. graeme

graeme Guest

@ Fedor,
    not content with the feedback you are getting in the RMT thread?

3. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

The players that I like least in this team are Howard and Smedts. I like most of the rest. If you aren't changing these two guys for direct replacements, or if you aren't moving from 1-0-3 ruck structure to 2-0-2, I'd suggest that you keep your team as it is.

Cautionary note on Parker, NAB Cup form has seduced many a SC before into selecting mid-priced players. It usually ends in tears with either a sideways trade or the use of an upgrade.

4. Moblets

Moblets New Member

I would definitely dump parker for a rookie and upgrade Heppell to Goodard. Solid team though.

I think Howard is a real smokie this year for some solid points but is still unlikely to be in you top defenders come upgrades so are you better off changing him for another rookie?

5. Fedor

Fedor New Member

I was planning on deleting this topic but I don't know how. Thanks for the feedback anyway guys. Last Night, I was leaning towards your strategy Moblets, I really like Heppell but Goddard won't be bad either, and he is proven. On Christian Howard, I know it is a gamble, and he is unproven, but I'm really intent on getting him, I want to get someone who can set me apart. It could be disastrous or it could be the strong POD I'm looking for. A lot can change in the next week though.
    I'm liking the look of Luke Parker, but he is pushing out one of Magner and Shiel to the bench, who I think can post some really solid scores, and come in at nearly $200k cheaper. Like Jaosn said, I'm a little worried the NAB form could be a trap.

6. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Did someone say they needed a thread killed?

Personally I think both Howard and Parker are trap, good players they will no doubt be not withstanding.

7. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Yep Howard and Parker = honeytrap

8. whips

whips New Member

Why Parker?
    Everybody's heard that Bird is the word.....
    [embed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184[/embed]

9. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Geez I'd love Bird in my team. Or Parker.