Langdon as Emergency

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Tylo, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Tylo

Tylo Moderator

Just wondering how many out there have Langdon as emergency and if so are you going to play a dummy player at D6 to get his score? The next question then is who are the options? Obviously needs to be someone who isn't playing round 1 but is likely to get games early in the season. Without looking yet, 1 that comes to mind is Alex Johnson. Anyone else you can think of that would fit the bill?

2. graeme

graeme Guest

Slight variation on your 'problem' Tylo. I have him at M10 (because of the D/M designation) with the E oh him. I can change one of X Ellis, Michie or Polec to get him on the ground. Any suggestions as to who I drop and for whom are very welcome.

3. jp

jp Active Member

Isn't this a bit of fools gold? Trading out a playing rookie for a non-playing one just to make 50 odd points? Think about next week!

4. Tylo

Tylo Moderator

No doubt it's risky. But we've seen in the past that playing round 1 doesn't always make a rookie a good pick. And there's not a lot in the backline putting there hands up with good JS. And it is important to get off to a good start if you want a crack at the big prize. Just trying to convince myself it could work. : )

5. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

jp wrote:<br/>Isn't this a bit of fools gold? Trading out a playing rookie for a non-playing one just to make 50 odd points? &#160; Think about next week! &#160; If this had happened last year you could have seelcted terlich as d6and come out well, but unless someone such as mcdonald isnt picked i think you have to play the percentages as jp has said

6. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Right now there's a big part of me hoping that Georgiou doesn't get picked next week for this very reason. He's the kind of player that will probably play a few games early in the year, but for the sake of 50points it might be nice if he doesn't play in round 1.

7. Tylo

Tylo Moderator

Docherty is a player I was looking at early in preseason. He's training now and listed as 2 weeks away. Am I clutching at straws?

8. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

It's too late now, but Josh Kelly (GWS) didn't play R1 and will be a certainty to play R2 now that Palmer has done a serious hamstring injury.

9. NedFlanders

NedFlanders Active Member

We're maybe a little premature - is there any chance at all that Langford doesn't get picked next week?

Otherwise, if Georgiou misses out (has he been elevated yet?) I would be really tempted, as it also allows me to loophole my Ablett VC.

10. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Surely you have a R3/R4 who is not playing that can be used for the VC loophole?

11. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Word has it that Kade, despite a 'round 5' assumption, had 50 touches in the seconds this weekend.

12. NedFlanders

NedFlanders Active Member

Jason wrote:
    Surely you have a R3/R4 who is not playing that can be used for the VC loophole?

Yes I do, and I will, unless I don't come to my senses and stick with the Langdon lunacy!

13. FlyBoy15

FlyBoy15 Guest

walesy wrote:
    Word has it that Kade, despite a 'round 5' assumption, had 50 touches in the seconds this weekend. I heard this on SEN today, surely they'd give him another week just to test his consistency. Although 50 possies is one hell of an effort! Would love to know what position he played....

14. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be doing anything rash to get those points on the field! Just be happy you've picked what looks like a gun rookie! Marathon not a sprint!

15. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

If McDonald isn't named, then I'll be happy to take Langdon's score. But I agree, no way is it worth chasing those points. The only way I'd suggest is if the Bombers give Hibberd an extra week to recover, then you could pick him. But I reckon he'll be named in the 22.

16. cavalah

cavalah New Member

I traded KK in for[span class='userContent]Georgiou before the GC game, I just read that KK will be available for selection in Round 2, I now just hope I made the right choice and taken a punt on Landgons ton...................