Last Man Standing Comp

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Steve, Jul 6, 2012.

1. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Steve...have a good look at the game tonight. I know WCE have been up and down but I just cannot see em losing. Geelong have played their guts out for last month and must come back to earth at some stage. They've played WCE once in Perth since 2009 for one loss. J Kelly out for the Cats and two experienced premiership players back for Eagles. Glass is best match up for Tomahawk in the comp. And Orren and ?? vs Cox and NicNat..gimme a break. I may be reading this way wrong but it just doesnt seem even money to me.

Plus at least you are out of your misery Friday night and can sit back and either (a) drink heavily or (b) watch with glee as others fall away.

Good luck from a fellow South Aussie.

2. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Onion. I am thinking the same way. I had already locked in West Coast (they just need to win).

No Hunt and Kelly. Plus a big rumour that Chappy did not make the plane yesterday. Cox and Nic Nat will kill Orren and hopefully Glass can take care of the Tomahawk. Eagles need to win to get their season back on track.

You are right about part a and part b. I will be either smiling or drinking heavily by the end of the game tonight.

3. stowie

stowie Moderator

Chappy defs out, I'd be on the Weagles.

4. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

Hmmm, seems like a tough round to pick, no wonder you can't commit to ny game with confidence...I can't either.

Personally, I'd pick Suns -15.5 or WCE 0.5

I originally thought Nth at the line was a good bet too, however, I think it's best to steer clear of that game mainly because both teams will be fighting to stay in the 8 and I think it can go either way.

Before last year, Geelong hadn't beaten the Eagles at Patersons since 2005. Suns have lost some key players but I reckon McKenna will be seeing this game as a great opportunity to get another 4 points.

Good luck Steve, fingers crossed.

5. Steve

Thanks Stowie.

Also heard a rumour that JPod might be a late out as well.

I have also been told that the 3 players coming into the Geelong team played in the VFL last Sunday which means only a 5 day break for them and also travelling to the other side of the country.

Thanks Fresh, I will stay out of the Suns/Giants games. I am not sure which team really wants to win that game?

I dont have many fingernails left now and it will be even worse after watching the game tonight.

6. Fazz

Fazz New Member

Good luck Steve, it's a very tough round to pick. Have you thought about going against Port again? Or are you expecting them to lift a bit with Buddha as the new coach

7. Steve

Hawks will belt Port but I am always wary of taking teams with a big line. They will win by more than 80pts.

8. Fazz

Fazz New Member

Fair enough mate, Geelong does have some big outs & you'd think the Eagles would want to bounce back after last week

9. Dekka

Dekka Member

Steve, I was at the Lions-Tigers game on Sat and Brisbane were woeful. They've made a few changes this week but just rearranging the deck chairs. It's been a long season for them and I think they have run out of steam. I can't see them getting within 5 goals of Carlton.

10. SC_Dave

SC_Dave Member

My 2 cents. Hawks no certainty to smash the Power, I would pick West Coast if the line is still 0.5

Cats ... missing Corey, Kelly, Chapman, West ... can't really see them getting up after last weeks huge effort.

West Coast at home, usually a safe bet, also they really need to bounce back and lock in a home final (5th or 6th).

Good luck in the comp, I'm cheering you on from cyberspace.

11. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

I would have thought on current form Hawks far more likely than WCE.

Eagles have been singularly unimpressive recently, the Cats have been on song. How one could take the Eagles at scratch as the best value of the round is beyond me, but then I'm not one of the last 59 am I?

The Tigers to flog the Dogs wouldn't be out of the ranks for mine, but it would take nerves of steel given how their form has been this year against teams they "should" beat. The Dogs may get a bit of Liberatore bounce, but when I look at their team, it's pretty skint.

Linsanity?

12. Steve

Linsanity - Jeremy Lin from the NBA.

13. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Steve on August 10, 2012, 17:57
    Linsanity - Jeremy Lin from the NBA.</blockquote>

Get with it Steve, all that time you've spent worrying about this week's selection for the LMS comp has got you behind the times mate :p

Linsanity v2.0 is set to be a new AFL cult hero like his NBA counterpart - none other than Lin Jong from the Doggies :lol:

14. Steve

I thought I would restart this forum as the main post for the Last Man Standing Comp is now buried somewhere on page 3.

18 people left in the comp

Lines for round 22

Rich -9..5
    Lions -6.5
    Saints -80.5
    Eagles -4.5
    Hawks -2.5
    Crows -39.5
    Cats -70.5
    North -17.5
    Blues -66.5

At this stage I have locked in Brisbane at -6.5. Port have 20 players on their injury list.

Will be the first time ever I go to a Port home game hoping that we get smashed. I have already told a few mates to buy me drinks before and at 1/2 time of the game to calm my nerves.

15. Fez

Fez Moderator

Sounds good mate, also like North at their line

16. jb

jb New Member

Eagles will cover their line

17. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Surely jump on the Blues line!

18. Fez

Fez Moderator

JB eagles will lose

19. Dekka

Dekka Member

Hi Steve, for someone who told you to get on Adelaide v Brisbane last week I'm keeping my mouth shut this week. Good luck champ with whoever you pick.

20. Steve

@ Fitzy, I don't like picking teams with big lines. Carlton should belt the Suns but they could take their foot off the pedal in the last qtr and let the Suns sneak back under the line.

Only worry with the Brisbane selection is that it has been pissing down with rain the last few days in Adelaide. Hopefully the weather clears up tomorrow!