Last minute changes also known as who stuffed up

Discussion in 'AFL' started by FunkSoulBrother, Mar 27, 2011.

1. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Well I ended up with touch under 2100. Overall pretty happy as most my mod rangers scored 80 or more but got killed by Foley & Yarran. Vince, Boak both showed really good signs and think they will only improve and Gray was pretty promising, especially considering the lack of high scores elsewhere in the fwd line. Can't believe I got sucked into Goodes over Rioli though in the last dew days before lockout.

Will take a good look at my squad but so far even though I'll be off the pace overall a touch I think theres an incredible amount of improvement in my guys from their scores this week..

2. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

@SKT
    Yeah, got sucked into the Goodes over Rioli thing myself - just goes to show how much we all take notice of others in the forums and all the media hype over our own judgement and research!!!!
    The most important thing is to try and make sure we learn from these mistakes - but like you, i'm not too displeased with my result, 2196 even though I took hits with Connors and Yarran!!!

3. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from stkildathunda on March 27, 2011, 18:29
    Anthak you might not want to hear this but Cox looks like he is in for a massive night. Goldstein was late withdrawal for North so now i don't think they have a ruckman now!!!!</blockquote>
    i cant believe it... still completely shattered mate!
    bit lost for words - and plans. gotta work out something to do, but who knows what!

4. Smarch

Smarch Member

Not too bad in the end, a little under 2100 too, also took the Goodes over Rioli, thought looked pretty safe early on and then died after half time. Plenty to work with though and remember it is a long year!

5. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

2,196 inc injured Selwood. Rookies OK but played Darling, Atley & Duigan, would have been nice to have gone Tapscott, Conca & Ottens who were on the pine.
    @anthak got a score on the Donors side yet mate?

6. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

2283 inc Disasters - Selwood , Foley

I checked my thursday night lockout team and I i held my nerve it would have been 2439 (inc Foley still)

Why??

7. boydshow

boydshow Guest

Leading into lockout, I was most unsure about Selwood, rookie mids inc. having no midfield MPP links and ruck bench. I held my nerve, but might have been better off making a move.

8. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from HeavyMen on March 27, 2011, 21:56
    @anthak got a score on the Donors side yet mate? </blockquote>
    scored close to 2300 from memory. won all 5 league games
    Ill do a writeup in blog section during trhe week

9. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Taking Robbie Tarrant out after having him in for ages really stung me. Otehr than that things went okay. Lots of room for improvement.
    I won't be downgrading Yarran or brining Cunrow in for another week. Shame Carlton are playing the GC where scores are likely to be inflated.

10. Ryhmesayers

Ryhmesayers New Member

my only real concern is Goodes. Im thinking i might downgrade him before round 3 and get a rookie who is performing well. That way i can pocket a bit of coin which will come in handy later in the season

11. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

@Nick

Thats a good thing though cos if Curnow can rip out another 100point game then it will stay in his system for 2 weeks unlike last weeks game. Means his price will sky rocket quicker!! Also might help Yarran be able to recover his break even come round 3..

12. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Held my nerve did not trade anything on Friday.

Rewards included
    Tapscott and McKernan
    Swan as captain. My price on not having him skipper was 150. I was proved correct.

Nothing stupid happened in my team and I showed faith which is something that should help me later on down the track.

Goodwill is worth a few trades I think :D

That said still annoyed with the Selwood injury, though it did look like he died there for a few seconds, all went white, blood out the mouth, it was a fair blow to the temple...

Right when he did it I thought paraplegic, honestly.

I reckon players like him are going to have to play with Nathan Burke style helmets sooner rather than later. Maybe with extra holes to breathe better, and maybe ice gel tubes to give coolness when it gets too hot.

All in all happy with Round 1.

13. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

@Lucas
    Any thoughts of trading Selwood to say Watson as oppossed to trusting a rookie (eg Harris,Swallow) - so as not to loose momentum if Selwood out?

14. spud

spud New Member

The Selwood clash was sickening to watch, I can't imagine what the Selwood parents must go through each year! Was unfortunate to have him on the field from an SC perspective, but with no structural damage, If he only misses the one game then I will be holding onto him.

Goodes was disappointing. Didn't get a touch in the last quarter from memory, although it did spend most of the time down the other end. The sooner Bradshaw can come back, the sooner they might let Goodes have a run around in the midfield, perhaps alternating with ROK. Whoever gets the midfield role will score more highly than whoever gets stuck at HFF.

Similarly to last year, a handful of the forward selections underperformed.

I think this year more than ever there will be additional opportunities to make up points given the byes in particular, as well as the Gold Coast coming in.

15. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

@Heavy
    Selwood to Watson is an interesting move.

I still think that it's chasing the points.

Last week's points are gone, you have to move on now.

Generally unless there's either a LTI or a severe form slump (bordering on being dumped from the team), you keep your keepers. It ensures your trades are ready for use to upgrade rookies and midrange up to premiums.

@Rhymesayers nope I would not trade Goodes for a rookie. For starters Goodes is somewhere near the lower edge of his curve. Second if you considered Goodes a keeper you are now pushing yourself 3 trades down the sink. You'd be needing 600k to make that sort of trade worth it.

16. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

MM I see your point SKT. Maybe its just the confidence boosting performance Yarran needs to improve his scores. I'd really love to hold onto him for a while, I just need a 70 avg minimum. Maybe Carlton will tweak some thing to free him up a bit more.

17. Locky

Locky New Member

My last minute changes were:

Puopolo -> Pederson (tick)
    Conca/Cross -> Savage/Boyd (tick)
    Higgins -> Rioli (tick)

18. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

Wow..my changes cost me a spot in top 300.

But hey managed top ten thou. Bonus.. Not!!

19. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Pretty happy with my weekends results.

Made some last minute decisions on Friday and they paid off quite well. Won't be panicking again like that mind you.

Ended up with 2357 and that was without Deledio, Selwood, Goodes, Riewoldt, Pav and Buddy firing off their usual 100+ scores. My two top scorers in my forward line were Rioli and Tapscott.

God knows what I would have got had these boys actually played to their potential.

No trades this week and I won't be jumping on Curnow. Im a Carlton supporter and I loved his efforts on Thursday night, but there's no point making a trade for the sake of making a trade.