Leaders Looking to R17

Discussion in 'AFL' started by TerryinBangkok, Jul 12, 2011.

1. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Spot on Lucas. Sylvia, especially if Carlisle is still out and one suspects Mr. Selwood will be of a mind to make up for lost ground and right the ship that has wobbled a bit in his absence.

Thompson also a sneaky bet. Has been down a bit on his usual performance, but there is every chance the Crows will try to jump Essendon at home. Suspect Craig will have put a lot of thought into this game.

2. petefisker

petefisker New Member

Hey TiB,
    reading these forums everyday thought id actually post something as i just hit the top10 (10th) on the weekend and got a mention in your post ;)
    Have been sitting 12th-15th for a weeks.

Looks like im in a bit of trouble this week to keep my spot with howe and adcock on the field, but have suckling and puopolo for the big round 24 game.
    Ablett will play, and boomer is out who i dont have which is great for me.

Also added up my position if i chose captain ablett 2 week ago (185) instead of pav, i would have been 6th and the wknd that just past instead of having capt ablett (18) and chose pendles or hodge i would be 3rd. So yes, its all about the captains.

See how we go! Good luck.

oh and Howe is playing port, so should do alright to cover franklins recent 85av scores (besides the brisbane game)

3. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Hey Pete, hope you keep in there punching.

Captains have a lot to do with things; planning and luck are key ingredients also.

It's amazing how fortunes change from Ablett being gone for the season to now Boomer. Lots of different impacts, which I'm sure will continue until the finish.

Keep your team together, select captains wisely, don't get hit by the injury curse and you have a good chance.

4. TerryinBangkok

G'day Pete,

Congratulations on top 10 and thanks for sharing your thoughts.

The positive on Howe is that he will feel more comfortable at home and Port are down a bit in tall defenders. But I pity anyone who cops The Chad - he strangled Fisher last week.

Suspect the Doggies have everything to play for and Boyd against Norf might be interesting. Looking forward to reading Jasmine's Captains Choice this week.

The other 5,000 on this site who are not in the top 10 get a lot of benefit from the experienced coaches, so hope you will jump in and have a say when you have a chance.

All the best for this weekend.

5. petefisker

petefisker New Member

Yeah will do, thanks guys :)

Oh! and if any TS readers out there are in need of some inspiration while doing your supercoach research, trades or even just watching fanfooty scores haha
    Have a listen to my band Fisker, which is what me team names based on ;)

Good luck for round 17 guys.
    -RD17-
    Capt Boyd for the win
    or selwood if you still have him.

http://www.facebook.com/fiskerband
    (click the music tab)

6. TerryinBangkok

Great! Apart from T-shirts, always thought the one thing TS was missing was a band!

7. Lucas

Pete you should join us in the live chat on the weekend.

I'm sure you could get some great lyrics just from the banter that goes on there.

(and I just hyperlinked ya! go pies!)

8. petefisker

petefisker New Member

Cheers Lucas!
    - but the Hyperlink is broken haha
    (gota remove the tooserious.net/ in front of it :p)

Yeha ill jump in chat if im around mate.

9. Dirty_Whorks

Dirty_Whorks New Member

.. rumble... grrrr... rumble... grrrr... rumble... "silly, silly, silly"... *shake head*... grrr... rumble... over-cautious bloody GC.... grrr... rumble...

Good analysis TiB.... coincidently included the 'top 15' this week ;) cheers for the nod on that one mate. It didn't go unnoticed.

I honestly don't think I need to get on the trade wagon other than for a mid/fwd like Sylvia... but again, the funny little prissy collar really puts me off. I think the Whorks would mutiny and fire me as coach for bringing their name into disrepute. Boomer would have been logical... but there you go...

Z should smash Richmond this weekend in Cairns. Only issue is doesn't the Collingwood reject taking points off him? If GAJ plays, GC a possibility to knock them off.

Captain choice is what wins or loses it from here. I dare say some will jump on the Selwood bandwagon (sorry Prompts!)

10. TerryinBangkok

Ha! Caught out on that one. "I like to have a Mekong with Duncan, 'cause Duncan's me mate."

Tip of the round: watch if there is any money movement onto the Crows (won't help McKernan of course, but if its any comfort, the team ranked 16 has him as well). Never know, GAJ might be a good POD for Captain this week.

Just realised Melbourne have sold their game to Darwin. Port tend to do well there (unless its the Doggies) and Melbourne tend to do funny things. Throws a bit of a wet blanket over Sylvia, Strauss and Howe for me.

11. Dirty_Whorks

Dirty_Whorks New Member

Yep. Mekong it is then TiB. In a bucket. With redbull and straws.

Completely agree with TIO in the mix. Melbourne are gonna get monstered up there in the NT. I don't think even Brutus the three legged croc show will be able to make many MFC members pull themselves away from the ski fields for the trip. http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/mo...rthern-territory/story-fn7x8me2-1226092658221

Luckily McKernan is super-glued to the Whorks' pine.

12. TerryinBangkok

@Whorks,

Pity. I think Brutus would rather have enjoyed McKernan.

13. Lucas