League Finals

Discussion in 'AFL' started by eagle_eyed, May 31, 2013.

1. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

So, I understand you have to qualify however I thought it might be interesting getting some points of view regarding some of the clubs' last 4 games to see which presented the best value come finals time. Most of us probably have 5 or six upgrades to come, now as much as we'd want to get the best player possible in, it might make sense to get in the best player possible over the last 4 rounds. An example would be Cotchin, a lot of people would already have him and a lot would be planning to upgrade to him, yet when you look at the tiger's last 4 games is he really the player you want to get in? Richmond finish with the Lions, Blues, Giants & Bombers, when you compare this to Geelong finishing with the Power, Eagles, Swans & Lions (3 of these at skilled), and Freo finishing with the Giants, Dees, Power & Saints, then wouldn't we be better off with someone from one of these 2 teams. You'd then have to factor in the coaches, Scott will rest some of his guys on the run home, Lyin probably won't, so are Freo the team of choice? Does this make Duffield, Fyfe, Sandi, Barlow, Walters and maybe Pav the guys that will win you the grand final? What about the doggies? They play the Dee's in round 23, are Wilbur, Griffen and Boyd the men? I've pulled some of the teams fixtures below, I'm keen to hear what the community thinks, fire away guys!
    Richmond: Lions, Blues, Giants & Bombers Freo: Giants, Dees, Power & Saints Cats: Power, Eagles, Swans & Lions Blues: Dogs, Tigers, Bombers & Power Bombers: Eagles, Roos, Blues & Tigers Swans: Pies, Saints, Cats & Hawks Doggies: Blues, Crows, Lions & Dees Crows: Roos, Dogs, Dees & Eagles
    Freo and Doggies look the teams to me!

2. Grizzles

Grizzles Active Member

Im quite happy to have Cotchin with that last 4 but nice point on freo and something I might take into consideration from now on. Personally I like duckwood for the price and amount of games they have at skilled.

3. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

I've already pencilled in Ducky and Griffen as 2 of my final 3 mid upgrades. Pav cost me last years GF with his calf, can he tempt me again?¡¿!
    <div>[span style='font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; background-color: #ffffff;]

4. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

If you don't have Gary by finals, you are not TS. Port, StKilda and GWS are his last 3 games. My not at all biased opinion is that St Kilda will be the hardest out of those, which is not saying much.

5. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

Personally I'm not keen on Cotch when he's plaing the bombers in the GF. I'm looking at Ducky, Fyfe and either Griffen or Boyd to finish off my mids. Probably shouldn't say too much, you're in the Platinum League with me Grizzles!!!!

6. Grizzles

Grizzles Active Member

Cotch v Griffen to decide the final of the Platinum League :p