Let the mayhem commence! Heath Shaw & Thomas OUT

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Bono

Bono New Member

Smedts is still not back......

2. gogonz

gogonz New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Bono on April 19, 2012, 20:00
    Smedts is still not back......</blockquote>

lol.. i know... realised that about 2 mins after the first post.... but luckily, in goes Paine and there's the cover.... just means I'll need Dickson!!! :eek:

3. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

Coppong a donut this week, with shaw lake and smedts all out. All i can say is, lets hope brandon ellis make the tigers final team! Im really annoyed that im not making money out of rookies like clay smith, ledger and smedts. With some decent rookies coming through like neale, dellolio, treloar, couch, pfeiffer etc. coming in, unfortunately the cows havent mooed enough to warrant a downgrade. Was really hoping those guys wouldve come in later in the year.

4. Cobra_Magic

Cobra_Magic New Member

Fyfe for Sidebottom and Shaw for Carrazzo. What are your thoughts?

5. whufc

whufc New Member

Im going to keep Shaw with an eye to the bye rounds.

In my defence i have Goddard, Birchall and Deledio who will all be having a bye on the same round.

6. Chicko

Chicko New Member

I've got Shaw in the back half which means i'm relying on Ellis as cover if he plays as Smedts will be eating what he produces - namely a donut.

It's up forward that i'm staring at some real donuts - Fyfe, Goodes, Cameron and Dickson....IF Dickson and Fyfe plays then I escape the week. If they don't then I've got a double donut......

7. Knucklebusters

Knucklebusters New Member

Not sure what to do with shaw, Trade him for carrazo or the only other option is to sub him out for sam shaw.

Trading fyfe out for tippett or can someone talk me out of it? I just think he will have an easy year to get decent points.

Edit: I have talked myself out of trading altogether :) shaw can stay on the field and whack the E on Sam shaw & fyfe can stay on with the E on hall. I just keep thinking its a waste of 2 trades and this is what i have done in previous years and just waste trades.

8. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

I have Shaw, Lake and Dempsey. Got good bench cover...just hope Dempsey plays a full game!

Thank god Lake only 1 week suspension!

I'd sideways Shaw for Goddard in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the bye rounds in mind.

Now keeping Fyfe too. I'll be happy if I break 2100 this week!

9. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from The_Swert on April 19, 2012, 16:26
    @shortsandshoody

...or maybe teams need gameplans that don't tire their players out, just like they used to when there was only 2 on the bench.

@Lucas

Now you know how the Hawks felt in 2009. Everybody laughed when we couldn't make the finals despite our injuries and retirements. Remember the game where Luke Hodge had to ruck because we had nobody else?</blockquote>'
    I get why the players and coaches are whinging about the sub, and SC coaches too, but from the point of view of a fan of the game, best thing in 10years, no question the game has become better to watch as a result.

10. gogonz

gogonz New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Lenh191 on April 19, 2012, 21:49
    <blockquote>Quote from The_Swert on April 19, 2012, 16:26
    @shortsandshoody

...or maybe teams need gameplans that don't tire their players out, just like they used to when there was only 2 on the bench.

@Lucas

Now you know how the Hawks felt in 2009. Everybody laughed when we couldn't make the finals despite our injuries and retirements. Remember the game where Luke Hodge had to ruck because we had nobody else?</blockquote>'
    I get why the players and coaches are whinging about the sub, and SC coaches too, but from the point of view of a fan of the game, best thing in 10years, no question the game has become better to watch as a result.</blockquote>

How exactly?

11. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

Clay Smith not named.

12. gish

gish New Member

Really considering Shaw > Goddard. That would be my 3rd trade so far. I can cover Shaw with Townsend so need to toss up whether to use another trade. Will be eating a donut in the forward line.

13. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

Mumford gone for this week....

14. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

Wow! seem to have dodged every bullet :p
    and the bullets are flying from all directions!

A bit peeved at Dickson being overlooked yet again,
    have cover so no sour grapes but seriously what does a talented kid have to do to be given a chance?

It's not as though the doggies have an unbeaten side & are reluctant to make changes.

Dickson's a champion in the making,
    if given a chance he'll be among the top 3 forwards going in 3 years,
    but he'll need to be given the chance to get there.

I honestly don't know what the Bulldogs selecters are smoking.

28 years ago I was door knocking, tin shaking & raffle ticket selling,
    trying to do my bit to keep Footscray from going under,
    now I'm almost hoping Dickson applies for transfer coz the doggies don't deserve him.