Malceski

Discussion in 'AFL' started by sean, Feb 13, 2011.

1. crew

crew New Member

Regards to my team I DID have Eski but also have. "Reg" I think this now sorts my ruck line out as I needed some coin to sure this line up and this now gives me this coin needed. Does cast a cloud over Swans backline......It will finish the season vastly different to how it starts.

2. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Ive had Eski pencilled in since the end of last year.. Really throws my backline into some sorta chaos. No idea on who to pick now...

3. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

I'm totally shattered for Nick, such terrible news. Playing with him in junior, school and some under-18 footy he was a deadset gun. Such a tragedy for such a talented player to have so many setbacks - he first blew-out his knee in year 9. Good on him for sticking with the LARS tech. He will only miss a small portion of the preseason so hopefully when he returns he will still hold much of that fitness base and have an impact. He deserves to be a 200 game player for the Swans.

4. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Good that the Pies have gone full reco with Nathan Brown after the Rodan-Malceski examples.

I'm not concerned SC-wise as I didn't have him.

I do believe it could open up a spot at half back (not that Sydney doesn't have enough anyway).

I'd love it if Rohan could play a whole year back there, think he'd start to look like Goddard if he patrolled that area.

That said I think the old firm Mattner, Grundy, Shaw, Kennelly and Bolton when he returns means not much room for the Ro-Han

5. sean

sean New Member

Had forgotten about Ranga -

Yep - for DT / SC he'd be a good get, though he's in that difficult mid-price level. Had a great game against the pies - but suspect it's 'cos he was left alone up the back while they double tamed Goodes. Smart enough to make the most of it.

He played as a utility most of last year, went in and out of the tea, and covered both back and forwards last year and in the Nab cup stuff I saw.

Kenelly is still injured as well, (due for a round 1 return - isn't everyone?) so there are definitely opportunities through injuries there.

6. crew

crew New Member

Eski, LRT, Ty, C Bolt all out. Horse wouldn't know what he's gunna do about it much less anyone else at this stage lol.

7. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

It certainly raises the question for somebody to step up in the backline.

As for the Lars surgery in general, the jury is still out- Rodan (and now Malceski) has had 6 months on the sidelines with his knees going twice. Brown on the other had is spending a full 12 months out- while studies show that a re-occurance is just as likely with a LARS procedure as with traditional surgery. In short, is the procedure not good because of the game that we play, or is it just unfortunate, that's the question.