Marble Bar Misfits

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

After 4 rounds, it has become obvious we do not have enough gauze bandages or hot nurses.
    I am good at prioritising so players are currently making daisy chains out of bandaids..

Voting in the Misfits player of the year awards currently looks like this;
    Myers 5.5
    Ward 4.5
    Whitfield 4
    Ryder 3
    Grigg 2

Myers a shock out in front

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  2. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Lenh191 wrote:
    Fair chance the majority of these slackers will be up for grabs in the Mid Season draft, I intend to cut deep...

Bit of a knee jerk Len? The most obvious is that Stefan should be long Gawn. I would hold on Rosa. Wet Toast will need him and he has promise. If squads are up to 30, Jack Shite will get opportunities at a struggling kennel. I would not let go of Stanley and the Dumpster might be handy (see if he is over injuries). Otherwise, yeah, flick 'em.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2016
  3. Len

Yeah, 12 available players will make my knee go bonkers tbh :) I have a few back now but some severeadjustmentswill still be made.

4. Len

Following the management recruitment tour (free agency scoping) the updates for the last 3 rounds Best of almost best follow. R5 Ward 3 Butler 2 Enright 1
    R6 Enright 3 Myers 2 Cameron 1
    R7 Steven 3 Terlich 2 Ward 1
    Leaderboard after 7 rounds Ward 8.5 Steven 8 Myers 7.5 Enright 4 Whitfield 4 Steven 3 Ryder 3 Terlich 2 Grigg 2 Butler 2 Cameron 1

5. TerryinBangkok

Crept over the 1,000 this round and Ryder a sure 'in' for the next. But got a bit of a biff around the ears in SC Draft.........................

6. Len

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Crept over the 1,000 this round and Ryder a sure 'in' for the next. But got a bit of a biff around the ears in SC Draft......................... Yeah, killed by Hartlett Griffen & the Tomahawk vs your only dud in Smith.. I am finding the ability to recycle players each week is a drag, not a highlight.... How about you?

7. TerryinBangkok

Eu de contraire. The pool is slim on star material, but I find it good to be able to spot guys coming back from LTI, etc. and have a chance to pick them up (Stanley). I look at it as more of a 'refresh'. Can't work out what is wrong with d'Smith this year - Greene is another one.

8. Len

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Eu de contraire. The pool is slim on star material, but I find it good to be able to spot guys coming back from LTI, etc. and have a chance to pick them up (Stanley). I look at it as more of a 'refresh'. Can't work out what is wrong with d'Smith this year - Greene is another one. I've used it for that too, but I lose track of whom I have, never an issue in this league where we cant trade.. It is handy to replace broken ones for sure, thus my proposal :) Greene is frustrating as hell, I know that if I bench him it will be the week he rebounds, but Rosa back and Ross's progression is going to make it hard to field him this week in the mids at least, Smith was woeful last week, both of them are gone from my SC sides... My wife and I have joined the Giants as full members so will get to see them up close at least 6 - 10 times a year, really looking forward to it, they might be getting belted but they are fun as hell to watch.

9. TerryinBangkok

Yes indeed. I have a mate who was a born Cats fan, being a West Geelong lad. When he moved to Brisbane he eventually signed himself and his wife up so they could go and watch the Lions (he is the one leading our tipping BTW). Watched young Greene on a DVD of Before the Game last night. Seems a nice lad with a bit of cheek. I imagine the Giants will do a bit better in the second half of the season. Hopefully D. Smith can lend a hand, along with the Hell Pin.

10. Len

Smith doing much better tib, but Greene is insisting on remaining a spud. This week he joins Firrito and Rosa whom have already qualified, Whitfield subbed on 41 and Sewell trying toestablishwhat a ball looks like.
    Finally get a almost full team on the park and half want to play for Melbourne!!!
    Beer needed, lots of it, cooled with Whiskey........

11. TerryinBangkok

Glad only half want to play for Melbourne - that means half my players jobs are safe.

12. Len

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Glad only half want to play for Melbourne - that means half my players jobs are safe. lol, it's a sad truth...

13. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

You're in luck: anthak wrote:Lenh191 wrote:anthak wrote:We've headed off from Venus Bay, over to WA for our 2 week stint in the west, before the mid season break. Zach Smith (inj), Colin Sylvia (club imposed suspension) and Kurt Tippett (still sooking) are the only players who have not made the journey across. And after last weeks stand by 4 players, we have decided to fly over everyone's WaGs and children to join us in WA for these 2 weeks.   The natives have been alerted, incoming women..... The flower shop is already out of stock.  As Cockatoos, most of the couples are poly too :)  

14. Len

Bock may be back in 3 to 4 weeks, Nicoski the same, held them for a long time for nil, Bock went down the week after he was selected by the Misfits... Tough calls are a coming

15. Len

The following Misfits will be delisted unless a suitable home can be found for them prior to cutoff: (ie, they are cheap)
    Bret Thornton GWS Back/Fwd Aaron Cornelius BRI Fwd Andrew Embley WCE Mid Stefan Martin BRI Ruck/Fwd

<div>

16. Len

Following the midseason trade and draft period the Misfits have a distinctly different look.

A significantly stronger forward line should allow us to match blows with the rest of the comp, though a push for youth will no douby temper short term progress.
    Our backline will be addressed at the end of this year, the aging tail can hopefully wag a little longer..
    Bock & Nicoski are also expected to figure in the latter half of this year.

Corey Enright - B1, Danny Stanley Back - B2, David Myers Back - B3, Dean Terlich Back - B4, Sam Butler Back - B5, Sean Dempster Back - B6, Michael Firrito Back - B7
    Paddy Ryder Ruck/Fwd - F1, Jarrod Waite Fwd - F2, Devon Smith Mid/Fwd - F3, Jeremy Cameron Fwd - F4, Rhys Stanley Fwd - F5, Adam Tomlinson Fwd - F6
    Thomas Nicholls Ruck - R1
    Jack Steven Mid - M1, Callan Ward Mid - M2, Brad Sewell Mid - M3, Toby Greene Mid - M4, Lachie Whitfield Mid - M5, Mathew Rosa Mid - M6, Sebastian Ross Mid - M7

Josh Bruce Back/Fwd - Reserve Kristian Jaksch Back/Fwd - Reserve Nathan Bock Back/Fwd - Reserve Mark Nicoski Fwd - Reserve Aaron Cornelius Fwd - Reserve

17. TerryinBangkok

<div class='Forum_Normal' id='spBody] Following the midseason trade and draft period the Misfits have a distinctly different look. Couldn't agree more. Perhaps it's time to change the name to the Fit Misses.

18. Len

Never one to cast aspersions on a fit miss Terry :)

19. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Looking forward to the game this weekend mate... I hope the ground has softened up after the solstice ... we will bring some spare gravel to add a bit of randomness to the centre bounce

20. Len

Bandit wrote:
    Looking forward to the game this weekend mate... I hope the ground has softened up after the solstice ... we will bring some spare gravel to add a bit of randomness to the centre bounce We've had the roller out on the ground for 3 weeks now, gravel will definitely ad some interest to the spectacle :)
    Don't forget to let your guys know about our players special at the stadium bar; 10 for the price of 1 deal but only at half time, this has proved to be a real winner with visiting teams, and allowed the Misfits to meet their opponents on equal terms in the second half.