Marble Bar Misfits

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Bandit wrote:
    I understood it, but you said occasionally exorbitant, not continually! lmao, you may have me there mate :p

2. Len

Please note that pending trades being passed: Toby Greene & Rhys Stanley are no longer Misfits and therefore cannot be considered trade targets. Note that this also increases the value (to me) of my remaining young midfielders.

3. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Lenh191 wrote:
    Please note that pending trades being passed: Toby Greene & Rhys Stanley are no longer Misfits and therefore cannot be considered trade targets. Note that this also increases the value (to me) of my remaining young midfielders. Since the trade period officially commences on 10 September, I can only assume this pair are delistments.

4. J_C

J_C Guest

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Lenh191 wrote:
    Please note that pending trades being passed: Toby Greene & Rhys Stanley are no longer Misfits and therefore cannot be considered trade targets. Note that this also increases the value (to me) of my remaining young midfielders. Since the trade period officially commences on 10 September, I can only assume this pair are delistments. Does that apply to NicNat and Coniglio as well then? :D

5. TerryinBangkok

It applies to all. Mr. Misfit shouted down the suggestion that trade season should be all year round, ergo, trades must be done during the specified trade period. So it would be reasonable to expect that he would follow his own advice. Don't look at me.............

6. Len

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    It applies to all. Mr. Misfit shouted down the suggestion that trade season should be all year round, ergo, trades must be done during the specified trade period. So it would be reasonable to expect that he would follow his own advice. Don't look at me............. :p I have concluded preliminary discussion on those two players, all discussions post the 2013 season, and once the trade period open the trades will be listed and subject to the same provisions as all other trades, thus the mention of subject to the trades being passed. No rules have been broken, I am simply making public the results of my preliminary discussions, I like cards on table..

7. grav

grav Guest

JC wrote:
    TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Lenh191 wrote:
    Please note that pending trades being passed: Toby Greene & Rhys Stanley are no longer Misfits and therefore cannot be considered trade targets. Note that this also increases the value (to me) of my remaining young midfielders. Since the trade period officially commences on 10 September, I can only assume this pair are delistments. Does that apply to NicNat and Coniglio as well then? :D To avoid any confusion, preliminary trade discussions have taken place surrounding Nic Nat and Coniglio.
    Lefties hierachy are reasonably comfortable with the preliminary trade proposal negotiated.
    To be fair to all prospective suitors, I will remove the 'off the table' notation until such time that said trade has been posted and ratified (after Sept 10th)

8. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Lenh191 wrote:
    Please note that pending trades being passed: Toby Greene & Rhys Stanley are no longer Misfits and therefore cannot be considered trade targets. Note that this also increases the value (to me) of my remaining young midfielders. Since the trade period officially commences on 10 September, I can only assume this pair are delistments. /Portals/0/User%20Images/pimphand.jpg' style='width: 376px; height: 304px;

/Portals/0/User%20Images/ThePimpHand.png

9. TerryinBangkok

Please consider my point. Not the trade itself nor the fact that the coach of the Misfits is involved. A suggestion was made for possibly having year-round trading (by me, I think). It was quickly squashed (by you, I think). So the point is, what is the difference to all-season trading if 99% of coaches are negotiating trades outside of the trade period and the trade period is only being used to ratify said trades? It is not transparent and 'cards are not on the table' when the other 16 coaches do not know what has been negotiated, what players and what picks are or are not up for grabs. I think that is why we have a trade period. One of my concerns is that if every deal is presented as a fait accompli on 10 September, people might be more inclined to reach for the veto.

10. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

post deleted and moved to other thread :)

11. Len

I am very comfortable with my interpretation of the semantics. No trade has concluded. A post somewhere here a week or two ago asked if preliminary discussions could be entered into, the only response was yes, I was a yes, but don't recall if I was the only one, there were no nos. I have concluded preliminary discussions on a number of trades, the reason these were listed were to prevent enquiries about guys that were nominally spoken for. No player will play for another club between the start of the discussion, and the opening of the official trade window, therefore year round trading has not occurred. I am completely against players switching teams during the year, except at the time of the mid season trade period, nothing done here is in contradiction to that view.
    You are the boss, I am happy to put my cards back under the table, but those are the cards I hold regardless :)

12. TerryinBangkok

/Portals/0/User%20Images/godfather.jpg <table width='100%' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0' border='0' align='left' id='tblPostBody60138] <td valign='top' align='left' style='width: 100%;] <div class='Forum_Normal' id='spBody] WOW WEE BOY OH BOY NICNAT [span style='color: #ff0000;]TRADED! [span style='color: #00b050;]Semantics indeed. <div class='Forum_Normal] President - Powlett Plains Packers.... 'You can call me Raptor' - Philosoraptor.
    <td align='right' style='width: 100%;] <table cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0' border='0] <td valign='middle' align='right' class='Forum_ReplyCell]

13. grav

grav Guest

Classic TiB, Apologies if my Hornet prodder has awaken the swarm.
    Will await ruling ( or vote) on semantics. No fait accomli here...

14. TerryinBangkok

No ruling my swamp-dwelling friend. Feel free to frolic at will. Just making a point to the desert dweller who is impervious to feeling any discomfort from a bull ant biting him on the arse.

15. Len

TerryinBangkok wrote:

<table width='100%' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0' border='0' align='left' id='tblPostBody60138] <td valign='top' align='left' style='width: 100%;] <div class='Forum_Normal' id='spBody] WOW WEE BOY OH BOY NICNAT [span style='color: #ff0000;]TRADED! [span style='color: #00b050;]Semantics indeed. <div class='Forum_Normal] President - Powlett Plains Packers.... 'You can call me Raptor' - Philosoraptor.
    <td align='right' style='width: 100%;] <table cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0' border='0] <td valign='middle' align='right' class='Forum_ReplyCell]

This was posted by Raptor, grav from memory listed him as not available, trade pending or something similar..... them be the semantics :p

16. G-Train

G-Train Member

Do you know the meaning of 'semantics'?

17. Len

The study or science of meaning in language.

18. G-Train

G-Train Member

Yes I wasn't sure if TiB did.
    Anywho I would think my post was merely a declaration of raw emotion that was in direct response to perhaps one of the super-incumbent SuperCoach scorers for the next decennium incontrovertibly and conspicuously being listed as traded.

19. Len

Raptor wrote:
    Yes I wasn't sure if TiB did.
    Anywho I would think my post was merely a declaration of raw emotion that was in direct response to perhaps one of the super-incumbent SuperCoach scorers for the next decennium incontrovertibly and conspicuously being listed as traded. Yeah, thats how I read it, I think Terry has a soft spot for young Toby too, which is understandable, he is a very nice young man ;P

20. TerryinBangkok

Raptor wrote:
    Yes I wasn't sure if TiB did. Anywho I would think my post was merely a declaration of raw emotion that was in direct response to perhaps one of the super-incumbent SuperCoach scorers for the next decennium incontrovertibly and conspicuously being listed as traded. Anyone who puts food on the table from editing scientific journals should have his nuts cut out with a blunt object if he does not know the meaning of semantics (or politics, or just ordinary fleas and ticks). Potato, tomato.